blunce

Blunce's Encounter With The UN Clan

I knew the UN would recognize me, so I figured I'd go say hello.

5:50 if you want to skip forward.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 5

What a bunch of tools.

• Like 3

What a bunch of tools.

I don't understand whats wrong here, seems like they're just taking care of bandits.

I approve of their actions, unless there is something I'm missing.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

Tools of the year right there. 

I don't understand whats wrong here, seems like they're just taking care of bandits.

Because when someone goes over fairly unarmed, and friendly and they "Run" their name through a "database" and decide to kill em for the sake of getting killed previously is lame, and very Meta.

Im all about not having metagaming in my DayZ

• Like 3

Tools of the year right there. 

Because when someone goes over fairly unarmed, and friendly and they "Run" their name through a "database" and decide to kill em for the sake of getting killed previously is lame, and very Meta.

Im all about not having metagaming in my DayZ

Damn, being a hardcore role-player is harder than being a hero.

• Like 1

Even if the guy (savior sniper on the "blue" building who had just killed the KoS sniper on the "yellow" building) was in his "bad guy" list, the dude just saved him killing the sniper that was taken shots at them... If he had been on the list, he would have been executed, even after saving two lives... :huh:

And then, after helping each other, since he's on the "bad guy" list they kill Blunce.

UN Clan are pure bandits with childish rules like these. It's very immature.

I don't like them at all.

It's not the first video I see with them having this kind of behavior. It's nice to warn others not to trust them.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

They are the "bandits" (I wouldn't call them bandits, as they don't rob players, I'd call them a militia, fanatics, terrorists, or simply killers.) They might have done good deeds here and there but now they became what they were initially hunting. If a player want to keep his name (just change it to be off "the list") but change his play style, he can't because he's gonna be purged. They try to be "friendly" but never give second chance and just execute you.

Heck, closest thing to come in mind is ISIS. If you're on the list, you're an infidel, hence, you must die.  :huh:

(It's their server, they can have whatever rule they want as long as they respect the current rules to rent servers, but still, I wouldn't join this server. Not that I do "bad things", but I don't feel safe around people with power trips. I rather be robbed by bandits...)

• Like 3

Someone should teach the UN about the Geneva Convention concerning the treatment of prisoners of war.

• Like 2

Why the horizontal stretch?

Check UI aspect ratio.

Edited by Rico Heart
  • Like 1

Why the horizontal stretch?

Check UI aspect ratio.

My in-game settings or the video itself?

Both are at 16:9.

• Like 1

I dont know... they had a code, the player had a code... they had a disagreement... they played it out a little bit and killed over the disagreement. This is leaps and bounds better then just a random KoS.

I of course no idea of either side of the story other then whats in the video... it does seem like they could have considered the life saved, and maybe it would have if they werent quite so hasty... but...

They are the "bandits"

UN Clan are pure bandits with childish rules like these. It's very immature.

Yeah can confirm, I had a big friendly operation a long time ago with the CQF and TMW as well as some other friendly survivors, was about 20 of us setting up a outpost of sorts.

While looking for other clans to help with security, the UN contacted me and told me to "Immediately hand over control of the operation to them as we couldn't pull it off and we needed their expert skills" 

After some messages from over 3/4 of the friendly helpers saying they had bad run ins with the UN in the past we didn't bring them along, in the last 2 hours of the operation we revealed our location on the forums to get a bit of last minute action and "conveniently" a group of UN guys logged in and we got attacked by a group 

Ive also played on a server that had 8-9 UN guys on it and no other players, and ran into a guy, who started shooting at me straight away after I crept up and tried to talk to him, so yeah they are bad news, anyone encountering them should know its not going to end well

And PS: We pulled off the operation killing something like 10 of the hostile attackers that tried to takeout the base, helped loads of people and lost only a couple of defenders

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

LMAO!

"We totally ran you through our super cool meanie database, GOT A MATCH!"

hahaha

=UN= DONE FUCKED UP! ;)

Edited by Vex_Vehix
  • Like 1

They got me too. But not before my boys got some of 'em. 

Months ago, they beat up one of my friends. Cuffed him and beat him nearly to death, for no good reason. 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

My in-game settings or the video itself?

Both are at 16:9.

Okay.

When I wrote "UI aspect ratio", what I really meant is the UI aspect ratio.

To be even more specific: Configure > Video > User Interface > Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio could be your monitor's native aspect ratio.

Resolution could be your monitor's native resolution.

Also, in Configure > Video > Rendering Resolution, it is best to have your monitor's native resolution.

The game is strange with these settings by default. I've found that the UI has to be set up correctly first, and that sets the base for the Rendering Resolution. One might have to exit and restart the game for the correct UI settings to take effect.

- - -

The YouTube video's image is clearly stretched horizontally. It is most measurable on the hotbar slots. They are square normally.

If while playing the game the hotbar's boxes are square for you, then the image got stretched at a later stage.

• Like 1

LMAO!

"We totally ran you through our super cool meanie database, GOT A MATCH!"

hahaha

=UN= DONE FUCKED UP! ;)

It's definitely a piece of notebook paper taped to the =UN= Commander's wall that says "FOG" written in crayon with a backwards F.

=UN= Commander: "Just a moment, let me check our database"

=UN= Commander: *scratches nutsack*

=UN= Commander: "Yup, looks like you killed at least 2 of my guys, with evidence..."

Edited by blunce
  • Like 4

Okay.

When I wrote "UI aspect ratio", what I really meant is the UI aspect ratio.

To be even more specific: Configure > Video > User Interface > Aspect Ratio

Aspect Ratio could be your monitor's native aspect ratio.

Resolution could be your monitor's native resolution.

Also, in Configure > Video > Rendering Resolution, it is best to have your monitor's native resolution.

The game is strange with these settings by default. I've found that the UI has to be set up correctly first, and that sets the base for the Rendering Resolution. One might have to exit and restart the game for the correct UI settings to take effect.

- - -

The YouTube video's image is clearly stretched horizontally. It is most measurable on the hotbar slots. They are square normally.

If while playing the game the hotbar's boxes are square for you, then the image got stretched at a later stage.

I stand corrected  -- In-game settings are at 4:3 (Normal), but the video was exported at 16:9 which are the default settings in WMM. Though I didn't really notice a "stretch" personally, regardless.

Looks fine to me.  :huh:

I didn't really notice a "stretch" personally, regardless.

Looks fine to me.  :huh:

Thanks for not getting offended!

It's not a "stretch". It is a stretch. :)

I guess you've got used to it.

The majority of your audience (I hope) plays with correct settings and watches other videos with a normal image. This does not mean you have to change (fix) it. It's something you might or might not decide to do. It would improve my viewing experience for sure.

Edited by Rico Heart

Thanks for not getting offended!

It's not a "stretch". It is a stretch. :)

I guess you've got used to it.

The majority of your audience (I hope) plays with correct settings and watches other videos with a normal image. This does not mean you have to change (fix) it. It's something you might or might not decide to do. It would improve my viewing experience for sure.

lol why would I get offended by someone offering insight?

The funny thing is, a couple of patches ago, I think .46, maybe .47? There was a common bug that upon DayZ crashing, one's configuration setting's would get reset. This made me have to readjust my UI on multiple occasions. On one particular occasion, after correcting my settings after a crash, things just seemed slightly "off", or more specifically, the aspect ratio didn't seem right although everything was back to my preferences. I dismissed it assuming that I was giving myself a placebo effect by over-analyzing, & I've since gotten use to it.

I do know that the video was exported at 16:9 (Widescreen) which is default, but the final product still reflects my in-game aspect ratio. I know that may sound confusing.

Ultimately, I'm going to reexport at 4:3 (Normal) & see what happens.

• Like 1

lol why would I get offended by someone offering insight?

The funny thing is, a couple of patches ago, I think .46, maybe .47? There was a common bug that upon DayZ crashing, one's configuration setting's would get reset. This made me have to readjust my UI on multiple occasions. On one particular occasion, after correcting my settings after a crash, things just seemed slightly "off", or more specifically, the aspect ratio didn't seem right although everything was back to my preferences. I dismissed it assuming that I was giving myself a placebo effect by over-analyzing, & I've since gotten use to it.

I do know that the video was exported at 16:9 (Widescreen) which is default, but the final product still reflects my in-game aspect ratio. I know that may sound confusing.

Ultimately, I'm going to reexport at 4:3 (Normal) & see what happens.

Aspect ratio is now at 16:9, haven't exported in 4:3. It was my in-game settings.  B)

• Like 1

This video still makes me laugh, such chumps.

At least we're honest about our KoS Clan Decree. :)