BlueCollarhero

Suicide Option?! | DayZ Standalone Discussions

If you read the DayZ status reports you'l see the big and little DayZ developments. However DayZ and steam forums users are now demanding that the developers add something other than vehicles and base building to be included into the game as soon as possible. 

Whats the option they are asking for? Well its  a suicide option.

The only mention of the option so far is from the official DayZ trailer that released on 16th December 2013 which shows a female character committing suicide with a handgun. Do you agree with this option to be added or not? 

Many users against the option have pointed out that DayZ is a survival game and the fact you are playing the game means that you have already enrolled yourself to take on that sense of realism of a predefined choice to play as a survivor. survivor being the key word.

However players for the option argue that the implementation of the suicide button is practical to the game and will simply allow them to easily choose a spawn closer to their friends. I have to agree we all know there is nothing worse than an hour's run all the way down south of the map to your friends because the game has spawned you way up north!

Currently in DayZ Mod many servers have the "/killme" option. Personally I like my gameplay to be as realistic as possible and to immerse myself in the game but I must admit I have used it once.  I had to rush back to my body after the server d-syncing and I crashed into a tree.. so I felt the server owed me one allowing me to use the 'exploit' command. Exploit might not be the right word but personally I would side with the argument  against the option, I believe you should play from where the server randomly spawns you. 

Following the DayZ Standalone trailer I'm sure its difficult to say they can't add it to the game. If you have already played for a few hours you will have certainly seen those litters of dead bodies around a high jump location. So you'l find players are going to do it anyway but maybe it will come at a cost or plenty like Longer re-spawn timer or take off damage of loot left behind.

Let me know of your thoughts on the suicide option in the comments below! Are you for or against the idea. Hope you enjoyed the video make sure to subscribe for more DayZ chatters but for now See you in the next one!

All likes and subscribes are greatly appreciated!

►► Simon | Blue Collarhero

yes, on the one hand its a "realistic" idea, but on the other hand you could never kill yourself as a new spawn - with this method - for a better spawn place.
Because you have to hold a gun with a bullet in it. And till you find a gun and a bullet you have enough stuff to survive or meet your friend(s).
Maybe they could add more ways to commit suicide, f.ex. hang yourself with a rope, but its is useful? I doubt it...(as a real gameplay mechanic, if you are trapped in a bug or something like that - yes, than its useful to have an option with nothing that you need to do it.)
soo, for me its not an important thing. But, if they add suicide options, its also nice to have.

• Like 1

Well, I think two fail safes could be placed, one being as someone above me said, Freshies shouldn't be able to kill themselves, that or it should be a pain in the buttocks to do so, more than worth while. Secondly, if you commit suicide say 3+ times in x amount of time, your body should just spawn in the same relative area, that way even if your fresh spawn does manage to kill him/herself multiple times, they're just gonna pop right back in the same place, again, and again, and again. This timer of the "Same spawn area" should be at the least an hour long (Not counting if you die from other reasons not being suicide, such as zombies, starvation, PvP, etc.)

It is not difficult to die in DayZ

------------------------------------

The girl in the 'trailer' is standing up, wearing clothes,  healthy, and she has a LOADED GUN so obviously  she has no need to suicide... would you ?

.. also I don't see the need for a CNN-style stock-footage 'breaking-news' video about this,your text is 100% ok alone ... 'scuse me.)

Edited by pilgrim

Hi,

It is important that you read and understand this announcement page, hence its position at the top of the page of each forum. 

Posting DayZ Videos:

Please post all STANDALONE related videos into this forum.
Please post all DAYZ MOD related videos into this forum.
Do not ask for subscribers.
Do not post a topic leaving only your Youtube channel.
These guidelines apply to other forum sections as well.

Please do not ask users to subscribe; if people enjoy your content, then they will generally subscribe and/or click like on your video(s).

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1