Sign in to follow this  
NikoGT

Vehicles - Will we be able to shoot from them?

I was playing the game "Unturned", and while it is largely lacking in features, graphics, etc., there was one thing I took away from that game. You had the ability to shoot from your vehicle as a passenger,

I know my friends and I have been hoping ever since they decided to do the standalone that vehicles would get an overhaul, and that being able to fire from inside a vehicle would eventually become a reality. Have the developers said anything about this, or has anyone asked them in one of their dev streams? I'm very interested to hear if this is something they are considering/working on.

• Like 1

I was playing the game "Unturned", and while it is largely lacking in features, graphics, etc., there was one thing I took away from that game. You had the ability to shoot from your vehicle as a passenger,

I know my friends and I have been hoping ever since they decided to do the standalone that vehicles would get an overhaul, and that being able to fire from inside a vehicle would eventually become a reality. Have the developers said anything about this, or has anyone asked them in one of their dev streams? I'm very interested to hear if this is something they are considering/working on.

I think I can anser this one by just saying prob not at 1st, or you will have to man a weapons station. But I think its likely in the future. I could be wrong.

The reason I say this is DayZ SA of cource uses the ARMA 2 engine. I know they are working on a new engine to run the game, also allowing them to add new mechanics. But for now it still runs off the arma 2 engine I'm pretty sure. The arma 2 engine allows you to man weapons stations in vehicles, but does not allow just to shot out of one like in GTA. Now I'm not saying it will not happen, in fact maybe there already working on it and thats why there taking so long deploying them. Not sure. I just making my best guess off of what I know about ARMA2.

I'm really looking forward to the day when they do add the new engine and what kind of features we will see from it. This is just one that could be added.

Edited by CJFlint

When we get helicopters can the guns be reloaded on them?

In ARMA 2 you can refuel and reload aircraft using a fuel or ammon truck. In dayz sa I could see it being the same, or maybe new mechanics...But that is just my best guess.

When we get helicopters can the guns be reloaded on them?

Where are you going to find the 200+ rounds for a single belt of GPMG ammunition? And, who says the helicopters that "might" be in-game will even have armament? From what I've read, they might end up being small, 2 person civilian helicopters.

Good god, I hate helicopters in Day Z. As soon as a clan gets one, the server is under their thumb.

• Like 6

In ARMA 2 you can refuel and reload aircraft using a fuel or ammon truck. In dayz sa I could see it being the same, or maybe new mechanics...But that is just my best guess.

That is stupid. They use different types of fuel.

That is stupid. They use different types of fuel.

Nope. In arma2 you can use a fuel or ammo truck to refuel any aircraft or re arm, so long as they are from the same faction. In fact you can use the same truck to refuel tanks, trucks cars, ect ect. Its not 100% realistic but it is how ARMA 2 works. That part of the game is dumbed down.  DayZ I could see it being somewhat similar, but of cource there will probably be more to it and more mechanics to it.

Edited by CJFlint

Where are you going to find the 200+ rounds for a single belt of GPMG ammunition? And, who says the helicopters that "might" be in-game will even have armament? From what I've read, they might end up being small, 2 person civilian helicopters.

Good god, I hate helicopters in Day Z. As soon as a clan gets one, the server is under their thumb.

Amen to that, I hope choppers are a long way off if they come at all. On the idea of shooting out of a vehicle, I hope we get it some day. Like it was stated earlier due to the current limitation on the engine right now, its not possible. I can't wait for the days of drive shootings and the shenanigans that come with vehicles though

Arma 3 is adding shooting while sitting in a car/truck/heli as passenger in the next dlc update. I'm sure DayZ will add this feature too eventually.  

Shooting from vehicles (and helicopters, boats) is already possible in the ArmA3 Dev branch, although it's still being tested before the free release.

Edited by Ceallach

Will different shell types have any affect on rabbits shot by them in the future?

This is probably the most important and incredibly interesting question I have ever seen asked about DayZ. 

I await Developer response with baited breath. 

shooting from vehicles has been a thing since the early days of Tribes 2 and BF1942. I don't see why they wouldn't add it in

Back in dayz mod days, there was one comunity that hosted two or three servers. On one server they introduced script that gave option to shoot from back of trucks and pick ups. I cant find video of that on YT. So it might be posible.

YeaH!! then I wAnts to SHootZ all OneS With ma gunz!!11 Pew pew

www.battlefield4.com

My god, he's captured the exact thoughts of every child walking up and down the coast!

It will be fun to terrorize people shoting from vehicles, bonus points if I could use a pistol while driving

Sort of related