street707

DISHONORABLE PLAYSTYLE - What Do You Think?

I thought this was just a funny interaction with some players in Elektro until I realized that I had been Stream Sniped by some people who obviously don't like me. My personal opinion is that "Stream Snipers" are the lowest of the low when it comes to playstyles. My reason behind this is because the "Stream Snipers" have full knowledge and assessment of the situation before they even have to react. This makes their chances of success far greater then any skill or knowhow in any given situation. A Hacker/Cheater might know where you are and troll/kill you but they don't have foresight of the situation and knowledge of your actions by watching your every move and hearing your every thought. What do you think?

• Like 1

didn't bother to watch. dude if you are going to stream your game live for the world to see and somehow let that world know what server you are on, expect someone to shoot you for it. don't wanna get sniped by a stream sniper? don't live stream your game or at least take measures to hide your server. pretty simple there bud. hackers and exploiters are still the lowest lifeforms in the game no matter how hurt your butt is.

• Like 2

Usually when I watch a DayZ streamer he hides the screen when he's joining/changing servers.  The main reason, is to avoid that kind of stuff.  It's going to happen, you just have to take precautions like Elle said.

Sidenote: looks like the UN clan?  They normally wear that gear, or I may be wrong.  Haven't played on their server in a while.

Edited by MuchHigher

didn't bother to watch. dude if you are going to stream your game live for the world to see and somehow let that world know what server you are on, expect someone to shoot you for it. don't wanna get sniped by a stream sniper? don't live stream your game or at least take measures to hide your server. pretty simple there bud. hackers and exploiters are still the lowest lifeforms in the game no matter how hurt your butt is.

I don't ever show my server.

Usually when I watch a DayZ streamer he hides the screen when he's joining/changing servers.  The main reason, is to avoid that kind of stuff.  It's going to happen, you just have to take precautions like Elle said.

Sidenote: looks like the UN clan?  They normally wear that gear, or I may be wrong.  Haven't played on their server in a while.

my server is never shown in stream.

I don't ever show my server.

well if it was a stream sniper you gave it away somewhere.

well if it was a stream sniper you gave it away somewhere.

LOL...... I'm not crying about it Elle just starting a discussion.

Let's talk about all of the matching press vests and other matching gear. It almost seems as if they dressed in "duplicate"? That's the dishonorable part.

• Like 2

using out-of-game information to give you an advantage in a game is scummy.  no question.  doesn't matter what the game is.

and going after a particular player like that is just lame and small.

• Like 1

using out-of-game information to give you an advantage in a game is scummy.  no question.  doesn't matter what the game is.

and going after a particular player like that is just lame and small.

I agree. LOL they obviously don't like me so they could have just said meet up here and we could have went toe to toe. My squad and I were all fresh spawns too. They were fully geared. If we were armed it would have been a great battle because I had guys spread all over elektro but none of us had more then an axe.

Wow. Those guys know how to waste their time...

You know where I stand Street, hackers, cheaters, stream snipers, they all fit in the "cheater" category for me. I really enjoy DayZ videos, and most video games videos, but I'm not that much into the whole streaming thing... By streaming you expose yourself to those kinda risks. 

Anyway, there's no honor, or a big lack of it, in a lot of online behaviors and interactions, and this is part of it too.

Wow. Those guys know how to waste their time...

You know where I stand Street, hackers, cheaters, stream snipers, they all fit in the "cheater" category for me. I really enjoy DayZ videos, and most video games videos, but I'm not that much into the whole streaming thing... By streaming you expose yourself to those kinda risks. 

Anyway, there's no honor, or a big lack of it, in a lot of online behaviors and interactions, and this is part of it too.

agreed. I just found all the members from the press vest gang as well. I did some research and found them. Now what do I do with this information because I think some people would like it. LOL

• Like 1

Let's talk about all of the matching press vests and other matching gear. It almost seems as if they dressed in "duplicate"? That's the dishonorable part.

I thought the same thing afterwards.  All wearing the same/similar gear.  Definitely duping, no way they all took the individual time to get the gear and then troll people.

• Like 1