Sign in to follow this  
doctorrayray

Where's the action at?

Hey guys, haven't been playing DayZ for awhile so I wanted to know where the new PVP spots are.

Thanks

I don't know. I do know that I get a lot of kills at Vyborg and the military base South East of it. It's a nice mix up of freshies and military geared people (at both spots).

You should try and find some other way to play the game other than:

loot>berenzino repeat.

I would suggest spending time surviving in various parts of the map, it will make contact with other people more exciting.

• Like 3

I've had some fights while looking for gear at Zelenegorsk, and even though they were small engagements (two vs three was the largest) they were pretty intense.

I've only been sniped at at the NWAF.

Cherno/Zelenegorsk have a pretty decent mix of heavily geared guys who are almost always looking for a fight, snipers, and fresh spawns who are just making their way down town.

If you go to Cherno check the top of the fire station and the big factory in front of it. Almost every time I've been in Cherno there has been a sniper on one of them.

loot>berenzino repeat.

I would suggest spending time surviving in various parts of the map, it will make contact with other people more exciting.

Better Idea: Allow people to have the freedom of playing how they want to play like they were ensured when buying the game

• Like 9

Better Idea: Allow people to have the freedom of playing how they want to play like they were ensured when buying the game

I don't think you read what I posted. Everyone is entitled to their own play style. Forgive me for suggesting something to the OP.

I would suggest

Edited by Beck
  • Like 3

loot>berenzino repeat.

Actually if you take away the part where you said i would suggest, you were not suggesting anything, assuming you have any idea what the op plays the game like just because he asked where the hotspots are, maybe he was asking so he could AVOID them, you would not have a clue because you jumped on that elitist bandwagon like a fly on shit and assumed he just wanted to get a gun and shoot people in berezino, your reply was not helpful in any way, it is full of assumptions and did not even the answer the question so why bother posting, getting up that post count i imagine, bravo.

To the op i generally find since the new spawns you can always find people around electro and cherno but the map has certainly gotten a lot less cramped lately so people are a lot more spread out, i always see people in berezino and at the nwaf but rarely meet anyone in svetlo anymore, might just be my luck but anyway i find most people are trying to relive the electro madness that once was.

Someone basically asked the same thing in this post:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213313-where-is-everyone/

Here's what I offered up there as well -

On high pop servers I'd rank the following in order of likelihood you'll run into someone in:

1. Berezino
  2. Elektro
  3. Novo/Svetlo greater areas (these are so close I sometimes consider them in the same thought)
  4. NWAF
  5. Balota
  6. Cherno

I've found that some of the smaller military bases are popular lately.

For myself, lately I've been doing a lot of running inland hitting up the smaller town locations and also attempting to find helicopter crashes. I've also hit up that military tent place WAAAAY out west. I think there's more than a few who're like myself and using a lot more of the map in that manner. With the new military base in the far north that should spread things even more.

It's funny if you think about it -

1. Maybe through April-ish 2014 - most spawns were in the south, Elektro/Balota were the places to be.
  2. April-ish 2014ish through August-ish 2014 - all spawns moved up north, Berezino/Svetlo/Novo/NEAF were the places to be. Then NEAF got crippled and that was sorta removed from the top spots. Bugged Vybor spawn was best chance at NWAF without a 45 minute run.
  3. August-ish 2014 to present - spawns are once again all over the map and people are much more spread out. There's also more incentive to spread out and use more of the map with things such as helicopter crashes to look for and some of the military base changes.

People who've been gone for 6 months or more never experienced the northern spawn era and probably stick more south because it's what they know, people who started playing during the northern spawn era are more comfortable up north and may stick up that way more. Ultimately though, it's going to be a server by server thing on where people gravitate to. I stood in the middle of the road in Kamishovo(sp?) for an hour the other day and ran into 8 people... 8 people!!! It makes sense though because it's on the way to Elektro and there's a police station there worth checking on the way.

• Like 4

Actually if you take away the part where you said i would suggest, you were not suggesting anything

You should try

assuming you have any idea what the op plays the game like just because he asked where the hotspots are, maybe he was asking so he could AVOID them

elitist bandwagon like a fly on shit and assumed he just wanted to get a gun and shoot people in berezino

Are you really that naive? "Where's the action at", we can all pretty much assume why he would want to know that. I don't even need to be on my "elite bandwagon" to know when someone is looking for the PvP spots, they aren't looking to avoid them in this game.

your reply was not helpful in any way

Yes, I'm sure you've checked in with the OP, and know that he hasn't tried what I had suggested.

Since we're on a public forum someone else will see what I've said and it will help them.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

loot>berenzino repeat.

Do you have an issue with the pvp aspect of this game?

Do you have an issue with him if he does? Play the game the way you want and fuck those who tell you different. That goes for PVP and PVE Players equally.

• Like 1

Are you really that naive? "Where's the action at", we can all pretty much assume why he would want to know that. I don't even need to be on my "elite bandwagon" to know when someone is looking for the PvP spots, they aren't looking to avoid them in this game.

Yes, I'm sure you've checked in with the OP, and know that he hasn't tried what I had suggested.

Since we're on a public forum someone else will see what I've said and it will help them.

Hate to break it to everyone but I agree with Beck.  You can spawn south and west now but it seems the chances are much lower that the north east.  I'd like to think the devs realize how limited gameplay is at the moment so this will encourage the most PvP and usage of the new map content they are implementing.  It's discouraging if spawning wont change from this.  But the hope is that the servers increase in size and spawning along the ENTIRE coast so there will be action wherever you go.  Until then:

loot>berenzino repeat.

For the OP:

The way the spawns work you are going to find the most action in Berezhino/Svet.  Novo is literally the worst town for pvp as every spot is open to be sniped from somewhere else, and it's design does not condone building to building hunting/firefights.  There are less people in Cherno/Elektro, but still enough to have some decent engagements.  NWAF is decent, but not for firefights.  It's mostly a hunting ground.  If you run into anyone in Zelen, vybor military, or southwest military base those are usually server hoppers trying to get loot.  

• Like 1

Are you really that naive? "Where's the action at", 

The OP said where are the pvp hot spots, he did not say where is the action at, stop trying to twist it so it sounds more like you are trying to describe it. Don't reply to me, i just wanted people to know how insignificant, pointless, flaming and completely out of the original context your reply was and i am pretty sure most people do now.

The OP said where are the pvp hot spots, he did not say where is the action at, stop trying to twist it so it sounds more like you are trying to describe it.

Check the title of the thread...

• Like 2

The OP said where are the pvp hot spots, he did not say where is the action at, stop trying to twist it so it sounds more like you are trying to describe it. Don't reply to me, i just wanted people to know how insignificant, pointless, flaming and completely out of the original context your reply was and i am pretty sure most people do now.

Check the title of the thread...

Thank you

Thee Cherno/Bolota hell hole's has been heating back up just like it used to be, on a high pop someone will be there I promise. Watch that indust tower with the sign up there, theres always ass hat up there taking pop shots at people...never fails. Sort of a rest haven for snipers. Same with electro...and what a dump that place is...I mean this in a good way he he. I havn't even been up NE in the past few weeks. I havn't died or had to respawn though so I have no reason to visit.

I must say people are spreading out more, on high pops. This is good. Much of this is becuase the fresh spawn points are more spread out now. Some are even inland. I garvitate toward the south coast of the map. Its great for pvp, group or solo its also convenveintly located near mil loot spawns, and other loot spawns. So for me its good for pvp and pve for that matter.... I live there. Its been fun the last couple weeks.

Edited by CJFlint

Sigh, can't we have one nice thread without pointless bickering, friends?

Settle down, stay on topic, please.

• Like 2

This might help you OP: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

The picture shows where deaths happen.  I strongly believe it reflects the spawn chances around the map and server capacity being 40.  With more cities being added, more people need to populate to have consistent interaction.

Edited by Grundlesmuggler

loot>berenzino repeat.

Fully agree with u. I never think about finding pvp spots...and really the game by design isnt being made for that. If u dont enjoy the low action high tension gameplay ur missing out on some of the core gameplay of Dayz.

And by low action high tension I mean everything that happends before the pvp happends.

Edited by svisketyggeren

For a few months much of the pvp took place in the NE corner of the map, leaving much the map empty of players even on the most high pop server. This is becuase that were you would spawn in...the north east coast. I firmly believe allot of player really don't venture that far from were they were a fresh spawn at. I also don't think the avarage life span of those same players is more then a few hours. Maybe a day or two. This is becuase they are instant gradification players, they don't play to survive they play for the thrill of pvp. Having all the spawn points up there was great for looting the west coast...no one bothered running over there anymore...so it was great for long term surivors like me to loot with out anyone being there. But in the larger picture it was wrecking the game.

Now its spread out, which is better regardless of play style. So regardless of what kind of player you are, if you want too meet up with your budys you might have to go across the map. I say big deal. I do it all the time anyways. But allot of players don't. But regardless of play styles, your likely to run  accross anyone anywhere now. Just becuase of those spawn points being moved. I'm seeing players every where now, were as before it was loot on the west, pvp on the east. I like it better with everyone spread out.

Edited by CJFlint

Now its spread out, which is better regardless of play style. So regardless of what kind of player you are, if you want too meet up with your budys you might have to go across the map. I say big deal. I do it all the time anyways. But allot of players don't. But regardless of play styles, your likely to run  accross anyone anywhere now. Just becuase of those spawn points being moved. I'm seeing players every where now, were as before it was loot on the west, pvp on the east. I like it better with everyone spread out.

Your premise is spot on, but if you look at the data they gathered, literally 80% of the deaths are still NE.

I don't think you read what I posted. Everyone is entitled to their own play style. Forgive me for suggesting something to the OP.

My bad, didn't really process the "suggest" part xD My bad, fault noted. Even still, I don't like the idea of even trying to change the way someone plays, let them take their own route I say

• Like 1

I normally find a guy or two at Balota.  Just had a pretty intense engagement with my buddy against three guys in Cherno, all of them geared with a mix of AKs and mosins for weapons.  I'd say try cherno if you're looking for any type of interactions, plenty of geared guys looking to shoot anything that moves, alongside new spawns looking to punch anything that moves and every once in a while a friendly.

I've found military bases to be a bit of a let down for interactions recently. Watched Zeleno on full servers right after restarts multiple times and never saw a single soul, just bad luck I guess.

Your premise is spot on, but if you look at the data they gathered, literally 80% of the deaths are still NE.

I play on stable, is that data for exp?

Edited by CJFlint