Cartoonrboy

HARDCORE | FINALdayZ | Epoch Survival | The TOUGHEST Server in DayZ

HELL frozen OVER

Namalsk rarely provides comfort. In some case it swings between extremes of searing heat and debilitating cold.

This explosion was the result of a well placed IED which caused a chain reaction, destroying further vehicles and equipment within proximity. It's a great loss, but worth it for the spectacle.

L431CRJ.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

How do you make and use an IED?

"You need a toolbox, 2 Grenades a tin can and an empty water bottle to craft an IED"

Right click on the grenade. Right clicking on inventory items reveals new abilities...

Edited by Cartoonrboy

RED-EYE to CHERNAURS

In less than 1 hour, the flight to Chernarus will take off. Those who wish to join the flight have been asked to report to the terminal before 00:00.

The flight will take around 2 hours. Players that make the flight are able to bring any gear for their break in the sun. Warm clothes will not be needed, but I hear there are even more dangers lurking on the mainland.

lWiVBLr.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

Nothing to DECLARE

Arriving in Chernarus we found our holiday as not so simple. It was still cold as sunrise was yet upon us, but it was still warmer than we'd become accustomed to.

As we welcomed the warm dawn we anticipate the same issues: zombies, disease, bandits, starvation. But at least we no longer have to consider hypothermia...

TVAcItt.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

The mainland is so different. More ressources, but also new dangers ahead of us. Here we go!!!

Just as you said that I nerfed to loot tables. Remember your training: gather trash and craft your gear; everything is useful. Good luck.

• Like 1

The STONE age

At the end of the first day, everything seems great. I have food, water, an AK, a working vehicle and I also discovered a dilapidated castle upon a lake.

It's not the most comfortable home I've sought refuge within, but it's dry, secluded and it certainly qualifies as one of the prettiest. I'm at rest with positive thoughts of tomorrow, which I find disturbing...

dAzrWmB.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 2

DAWN of the unDEAD

With increased damage, range, numbers and resistance the zombies in this Chernarus are not pests, but a foe to be feared.

Night brings little solace as they appear to be able to see better without the glare of sunlight, which does not bode well for survivors without night vision...

tbRRusY.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 1

Apocalypse NOW

The nuclear powerplant in Cherno has been running without maintenance. A meltdown was inevitable and devastating.

The undead continue exploring the twisted smoldering landscape, immune to the hazardous radiation. There's no longer anything of value in this razed city, or is that an assumption?

dCBa8Jk.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 2

How is radiation manifested in-game?

Is it just like an infection, or more serious than that?

Radiation will kill a player in around 5 minutes and will cause radiation sickness which behaves like infection. Antibiotics will cure it, if you're lucky enough to have some or have the right items to craft some. Armoured vehicles can provide some protection but the moment you're exposed, you will again succumb to the effects...

I joined last night, and all in all great server. Even on Chernarus, its still a challenge to get by. However, I spawned near Cherno and all of the buildings were leveled and had helis sticking out most of them, gas stations blew up randomly, and fire was everywhere...

Made a few great screenshots, with the walkers coming through the smoke in front of a flaming chopper at nightfall

• Like 1

Sounds exactly how I envisioned it. I'm glad you liked it after all, it's an apocalypse. I hope you found the other survivors and that they were friendly. We're all eager to work together to survive, we do not KOS; there's plenty of others to shoot at. If you add me to skype: CartoonrBOY or Steam: CartoonBOY I'd love to meet up and give you a tour, if you want. And if you join the forum I can keep you up to date with changes/additions and you can meet like minded survivors. Solidarity bro...

Good luck with Staying ALIVE!

You can post screenshots on our forum. We'd all love to see what you saw...

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 2

HANG out

Some cannot take the harsh nature of the FINALdayZ server. With no help at all it is very tough to get by, never-mind thrive. When it all gets too much there's only one thing left to do.

Hardcore is not for everyone. But if you think you know DayZ, if you rate yourself as a veteran and you haven't been here yet then you really are missing out on the ultimate test of skill, guile and experience.

NSekA1v.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 1

Me and a friend at last started playing, only a few hours so far but great server we'll be sticking around. Beans for you cartoonboy.

• Like 1

Thanks con635, I'm glad you like it. It was compiled for true DayZ survivalists which are a rare breed these dayz. Get me on Skype: CartoonrBOY or Steam: CartoonBOY. My in-game name is ARTyom. I am on daily from 21:00GMT. Maybe we can meet up so I can show you where not to go - lol. You should also join our hardcore community forum.

Solidarity survivor...stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

RAZED return

We leave Chernarus on fire. The constant bombardment of the cities to keep them clean was an unsavory discovery and served to encourage thoughts of home.

The MV22 took off from NEAF without a hitch and passing over the wrecked coastal cities it was clear that the military forces there were not welcome to our presence. So we are back in Namalsk and I never thought I'd miss this frozen hell-hole, but it is our home and we understand it well. We continue the fight for our survival.

O6X3HL9.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

KIPPER isle

There are many places to explore on Namalsk, more than many realise. This isle off the south coast features a convenient fishing pier and a dilapidated farm building fit for renovation.

The route to this idyllic setting is fraught with danger. Bandits, infection, zombies and the weather all try to halt progress to the island but once the journey is made it may become some-ones cherished home, and there are many more across the islands. Exploration of the quarantine zone is not a foolish endeavor.

yp3V692.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Mans BEST friend

There are kennels on this collection of frozen isles which house trained dogs. They have quickly become the best option for hunting the rare animals which creep around the forests of Namalsk.

Hunting costs calories therefore any shortcut to obtaining a healthy supply should be a priority as there are no canned food stocks left at all, only what you bring with you. So listen out for the barking and seek out a companion, if only to help protect yourself and keep your moral boosted.

5yOPO7s.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

CABIN in the WOODS

Recycling existing buildings is the quickest and easiest route to settling in Namalsk. But occasionally there'll be a master woodsman who can build fantastic structures from the very fabric of nature.

This cosy home provides many of the comforts of a post apocalyptic society and benefits from being buried within the wild landscape of the island, away from the curious. The perfect setting for some secure relaxation after a long day surviving.

ZI3rY2R.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Bumping this fantastic server. Four months and going strong :)

• Like 1

GRAVE Encounters

Hidden within this old church is entombed a secret worth dying for. But there's no telling whether your activity there could wake the dead.

There are many secrets to Namalsk, lurking across the desolate landscape, some of which may help or hinder you. But rest assured that nothing here is gained without risk...

X7s5Q4G.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

Nuclear WINTER

Namalsk is not an easy place to live. It is cold, desolate and crawling with the un-dead and hostile bandits.

Worse then all of these is the military whose presence on Namalsk is yet unclear. What is known is that they are well equipped, and have a tenancy to use their arsenal. For reasons unknown they are initiating a regular nuclear strike upon A1. What is their reasoning behind this activity? Is there something there which requires regular suppression?

G7K7qkD.jpg

Stay ALIVE!

• Like 1

Bump.

Rarely have I enjoyed dying this much in DayZ. You really need to try to survive to live here, but when you do, oh how sweet it is!

• Like 1

Cannot express how much I love this server. I love it more than the dogs, and that's a lot.

Moneys tight tight now, but I will definitely donate to your cause when I procure my enlistment bonus

---Day One---

I landed my boat on shore, and built a small fire to warm myself up before I began my journey. I traveled on the roads to increase my chances of finding other survivors. I managed to find some light bulbs- like they're worth anything nowadays- and a spare magazine for my 1911. I was in a small town, not sure which one, when I saw a dead infected. I continued, following a trail of discarded cans and the occasional infected body. Someone was close, I was right on their trail.

I came across another town when I saw another survivor and made contact. Our chat was brief, infected were closing in. He told me his name- Spyrak before I ran into the schoolhouse and he took off down the road. I was trapped on the roof with infected closing, so I jumped. Everything went black.

I awoke by a fire, on the coastline. Spyrak had saved me, I owed him my life. We chatted briefly, and I gave him my last mag for the 1911. We went our separate ways after forming a peace agreement. I only hope that he is safe.

Night is closing in, I have built a fire to keep alive tonight. I'll update tomorrow.

Kilroy, out.

----Emergency Update----

Me and Spyrak found a camp inside a city after we met once again. We decided fate had us meet twice already and we should team. We looted decent gear, ALICE packs and Enfield's. Even some matches and a toolkit. We were on the outskirts of the town when I was hit by some sort if SMG. I went down, and rolled behind a lumber pile while Spyrak returned fire. I wasn't hit bad, 3 rounds in the back. We looted the corpse and I noticed the name DAVE scribbled on his vest. Thanks for being a prick DAVE, we could have helped each other.

I still fail to see why we try to be good people, why we even try to survive. Then I look at my new friend Spyrak, young and making the best of this. Hell, I must be the oldest man in the country, 32 years old and a record holder. That, or eceryone else my age is smart enough to hide.

I thought about hiding, but Spyrak keeps restoring my faith in the world, bit by bit.

Kilroy, out

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1