Sign in to follow this  
Smashpaw

Where is everyone?

Just coming back after not playing for a few months.  Notice a few small changes, IE splints, fires, some new guns, etc.  But what's missing is the players.  Where in the world does everyone go now?  I played on a high pop server with a 2 hour reset and ran around like a chicken for 2 resets to gear out in balota. Most of my gearing coming from a guy I managed to sneak up on with a pistol.  

So now, I am fully decked out with a mosin, LRS, food water etc.  I go to balota, cherno, elektro, bere, NE and NW airfield, and I see maybe 5 people tops.  This includes playing on several different servers, just trying to find some player interaction.  Where is the hot spot now? I remember not being able to make it from balota through cherno and into elektro without getting shot at multiple times.

Also, most of my friends have stopped playing, or dont play very often, so I am looking for some new people to stroll around with, preferably other sniper style players.  My PC isnt good enough for me to engage in CQC without lagging to high hell.

did you try the newer towns up north I read and hear a lot of action goes on up there but things change day to day it seems as to where the hotspots are maybe you were on a server full of woodsman or something goodluck.

people aren't interested in PvP, so will stay away from major towns most the time and explore the rest of the map unlike the kids that think this is CoD.

• Like 3

They are probably hunting for chopper crashes, tents, police cars or fapping in the woods because they wish to avoid the type of player interaction you are seeking. Seriously though I find it mind boggling that after traveling all that way you rarely encountered anyone on a high pop server. I always seem to see people in those areas you mentioned.

I don't go to Balota very much because I never found much when I went there and I believe they are redesigning the layout of the airstrip. You might want to try Zelengorsk and north to Vybor, Lopatino, Grishino and over to Stary and Novy.

Edited by Tobias Winfro

Dont get me wrong, im not out looking to hunt bambis.  But i remember having fire fights that would last upwards of 20 minutes. groups of 5+ on each side, some with M4's others with mosins, One time a group of 11 of us got wiped by 2 snipers coming into cherno.  They dropped 6 of us before we had any idea where the bullets were even coming from. 

But damn, any player interaction would be appreciated.  even if it was a new spawn needing some help. 

Dont get me wrong, im not out looking to hunt bambis.  But i remember having fire fights that would last upwards of 20 minutes. groups of 5+ on each side, some with M4's others with mosins, One time a group of 11 of us got wiped by 2 snipers coming into cherno.  They dropped 6 of us before we had any idea where the bullets were even coming from. 

But damn, any player interaction would be appreciated.  even if it was a new spawn needing some help.

Seriously, head over to the west side, look up on any standalone map to find where chopper crashes spawn at. People are looking for them to find m4s, black skull balaclavas, smersh vests and such or are server hopping the office buildings, police stations and military barracks. Before they added the crashes and got them spawning properly, the east side of the map was king for PvP but now people tend to head west. That has been how the game plays out for me anyways

High pop server + NWAF = the encounter you are looking for.

Not true, I was at NWAF today, I saw nobody. I tried like 15 servers, 40 players online on all of them, the only thing I heard were 2-3 mosin shots then silence again. Fun fact I even ran at the middle of the airstrip to see if there's anyone, I made my way from one side to another without dying.

Edited by Yazar8

Not true, I was at NWAF today, I saw nobody. I tried like 15 servers, 40 players online on all of them, the only thing I heard were 2-3 mosin shots then silence again. Fun fact I even ran at the middle of the airstrip to see if there's anyone, I made my way from one side to another without dying.

Hahaha, that's ballsy man.  If all else fails, Berezino is usually a sure bet.

See that nice little isolated spot up northwest? With zero red dots on that fellas activity map? That's where I am. Surviving, grabbing food, staying warm, making sure I have what I need, but no extras that I won't use. Scoping in on game, picking berries, filling canteens, trying to get the fire pit to function, learning the hills and woods.

see if I wanted smash face pvp, I'd be playing blacklight retribution.

you go ahead and rush on into your action, I'll be up here. And if you do happen to stumble up here with that bumbling military rat gear, you'll find nothing. But don't worry, I'll see you, the entire time.....

• Like 2

here you go, red dots signifies playerdeaths

8YuI2nc.jpg

That is just fucking depressing. SO MUCH OPEN SPACE, and everyone just YOLO-dies in the cities. I spent 2 hours today just walking around Chernarus, looking at the scenery. Day Z  has some goddamn BEAUTIFUL views, if you take the time to look.

• Like 5

people aren't interested in PvP, so will stay away from major towns most the time and explore the rest of the map unlike the kids that think this is CoD.

People that think DayZ is COD are gone mate. They bought the game early because FrankieOnPC played it and after they realised what early access meant, they moved back to console. #Consolekids

here you go, red dots signifies playerdeaths

You should add that the heatmap from the status report shows data from the first 0.50 Exp build where almost everyone staved 2 or 3 times before they got a character going. So the map does not really show where the pvp is at, since many deaths happened shortly after respawn due to hunger, thirst and cold, not to mention suicides to get a better spawn.

• Like 1

You should add that the heatmap from the status report shows data from the first 0.50 Exp build where almost everyone staved 2 or 3 times before they got a character going. So the map does not really show where the pvp is at, since many deaths happened shortly after respawn due to hunger, thirst and cold, not to mention suicides to get a better spawn.

This. At the moment in Experimental I've encountered more people inland and very few on the coast...when 0.50 will hit Stable we will see a different playstyle and a different dispersion: energy/calories consumption is faster than 0.49 (A LOT faster), stomach capacity is smaller...that means spawn zones will be picked clean, like in EXP servers. This will force players to head inland, planning with care their trips - good clothing is scarcer too, and the weather is inclement.

Long story short: there will be less sprinting up and down the map and a lot more slow-paced travel, meaning players will bump into each other following more or less predictable avenues and will stay longer in towns/cities.

High pop server + NWAF = the encounter you are looking for.

Not so. My friends and I (a group of six of us) were on our own server where there was a med pop online. We ran from NWAF to Vybor and camped both areas waiting for contact. None. We got so fed up that we hopped over onto another server which in us joining, maxed out the user list. We made the same run, and waited at both locations for some action and again never seen a soul. People are clinging to the coast too much now.

On high pop servers I'd rank the following in order of likelihood you'll run into someone in:

1. Berezino
  2. Elektro
  3. Novo/Svetlo greater areas (these are so close I sometimes consider them in the same thought)
  4. NWAF
  5. Balota
  6. Cherno

I've found that some of the smaller military bases are popular lately.

For myself, lately I've been doing a lot of running inland hitting up the smaller town locations and also attempting to find helicopter crashes. I've also hit up that military tent place WAAAAY out west. I think there's more than a few who're like myself and using a lot more of the map in that manner. With the new military base in the far north that should spread things even more.

It's funny if you think about it -

1. Maybe through April-ish 2014 - most spawns were in the south, Elektro/Balota were the places to be.
  2. April-ish 2014ish through August-ish 2014 - all spawns moved up north, Berezino/Svetlo/Novo/NEAF were the places to be. Then NEAF got crippled and that was sorta removed from the top spots. Bugged Vybor spawn was best chance at NWAF without a 45 minute run.
  3. August-ish 2014 to present - spawns are once again all over the map and people are much more spread out. There's also more incentive to spread out and use more of the map with things such as helicopter crashes to look for and some of the military base changes.

People who've been gone for 6 months or more never experienced the northern spawn era and probably stick more south because it's what they know, people who started playing during the northern spawn era are more comfortable up north and may stick up that way more. Ultimately though, it's going to be a server by server thing on where people gravitate to. I stood in the middle of the road in Kamishovo(sp?) for an hour the other day and ran into 8 people... 8 people!!! It makes sense though because it's on the way to Elektro and there's a police station there worth checking on the way.

Last night I spawned in Novo, met a friendly in 5 minutes who gave me food and seemed terrified of my green checkered shirt, they kept insisting they were friendly. Sure, no problem bro, I have a machete and a backpack don't be so scared. Anyways, made my way to NWAF, then down to Vybor + base, then Zeleno, then the base in the woods south of Zeleno then logged for the night. Was on for around 4 hours in a 38/40 server and the only person I saw  or heard was that first one in Novo. That was strange considering the server pop and where I was most of the time.