Sign in to follow this  
KnoXy (DayZ)

Shotguns, reloading internal magazines, and Chainsaw / power-tools?

Shotguns. Basically the go to gun for every zombie apocalypse, and DayZ... has one. Well to that I say no more! Obviously we shouldn't put in any AA12's, maybe m1014's, Sega's are from that side of the world, so they would go well with the IZH-43. Another unique gun that would be great to add, would be an Ithaca 37. A bit more uncommon nowadays, like the IZH-43, and it would make a great weapon that could be sawed off, especially because shotguns are more realistic in DayZ, the sawed barrel won't leave the gun useless at range. Slugs would be nice, but could also ruin the point of having a shotgun in the first place, unless players were able to unload and swap out different shells from their magazines! I just think it would be a shame if we limited ourselves to only Russian shotguns, especially when there are M4's and 1911's scattered about the land. 

Now that the shotgun's have had their share of attention, we could take a look at reloading. Reloading a double barrel from your inventory is a pain, and snap-loaders are scarce from time to time, it's true. What if you had the ability to reload your Blaze Double, Mosin, Sks, and any other internal magazine weapon with 'R', as long as the ammo is accessible, like in your pocket/tactical vest. (Isn't that what tactical vests do? Make ammunition accessible and reloading easier.) The reload would be slow and shaky, and you have a 10 percent chance of dropping a shell, (Or something), but with a speed/snap-loader, reloading is immediate and ammunition is safe from hitting the floor. Other wise, loading magazines for other weapons is is fairly realistic, and I'm impressed. :D

*(Oh by the way, if you have a drum for an AK-47 type rifle, and you reload without enough space to fit the drum in your pack, it disappears.)*

Two pics are the Ithaca 37 "sawed off" and "stakeout/riot" models   (Pictures become easily visible when clicked on)

Powered melee tools, and chain saws :D?

post-220571-0-71985300-1413602627_thumb.

post-220571-0-90617400-1413602633_thumb.

Edited by KnoXy
  • Like 1

We could just save time and put all of the rifles and shotguns from stalker in it save most of the NATO/Western ones. I'd like to see it in.

• Like 1

Shotguns. Basically the go to gun for every zombie apocalypse

I'd rather have a gun I could fire more than five times before I had to reload one shell at a time. 

+1 for adding more shotguns, would love either the Mossberg 500 or 930. Maybe Remington 870 as well.

• Like 1

I'd rather have a gun I could fire more than five times before I had to reload one shell at a time. 

Maybe true, but your first shot makes a better impact, and you won't have to worry as much about reloading.

Edited by KnoXy

Shotguns. Basically the go to gun for every zombie apocalypse

Agreed

Even in Other Zombie Games the Shotgun is Never my Go-to Weapon

To Each their own But Personally Find Shotguns Ineffective and Favor rate of Fire so my Go to is SMG or MG

With my Tactics For Survival Hate not Having Range/Rounds if i Need it even if i Rely on Close Combat More my range Preference is Short/Medium engagements

all For More Weapons though and i Guess a Saiga-12 is a Mag Loaded Shotgun that Would Be Decent and A Bit More Effective

But I think the Zombie Apocolypse Realy has no Single Go-to Weapon Just Popularized by Films and Games

Part of Games/movies is Each survivor Going their own Route and Combo's Survivors Banding together Being effective

There Are Usualy n Array of Weapons Featured in Every Zombie Game/Movie SniperRifle,Shotguns,Pistols,Assault Rifles, Grenade Launchers, ect.

Its More About Gore/carnage that Weapon can Dish out in Most instances though xD

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 2

To Each their own But Personally Find Shotguns Ineffective and Favor rate of Fire so my Go to is SMG or MG

With my Tactics For Survival Hate not Having Range/Rounds if i Need it even if i Rely on Close Combat More my range Preference is Short/Medium engagements

For most apocalypse situations, I would use a shotgun as a backup, and I usually do in DayZ. 

However, in the DayZ world there aren't usually an overwhelming amount of players, or zombies.

Shotguns would make great low tier weapons anyways, and they would significantly increase the variety of weapons availible, as well as use up all the extra buckshot "noone" uses. Slugs would help all of you folks concerned with range. (Not extreme range, but enough range.)

Don't forget about the changes to reloading individual bullets and shells! I want to hear your opinions on that :)

Edited by KnoXy

For most apocalypse situations, I would use a shotgun as a backup, and I usually do in DayZ. 

However, in the DayZ world there aren't usually an overwhelming amount of players, or zombies.

Shotguns would make great low tier weapons anyways, and they would significantly increase the variety of weapons availible, as well as use up all the extra buckshot "noone" uses. Slugs would help all of you folks concerned with range. (Not extreme range, but enough range.)

Shotguns Are Common Especially For Farmers in rural Area's and Police Forces So i Guess in a Place like Chernarus each Home Might Almost have one

regardless of Slugs or Buckshot what i disfavor about Shotguns is Ammount of Shots, Time Between said shots, and The Recoil

For me its AKM or SKS and for Secondary 1911/P1/Makarov

(though realy want an UZI)

But realy i think that DayZ Should add More Shotguns For the Fact their Plentiful and "point and shoot" weapons (not Much Aiming Needed)

Good For new Players

But they Shouldn't replace all the Barracks Spawns i Hope (Be Found in Farms/Police Stations)

(Already so annoying/Stupid half the time its a Sporter .22 in Barracks as if chernarussian Military Forces use them in Combat)

Sidenote:Let the Sawn-off Shotgun Be put in Holsters For that Rugged/Bandit Survivor Look xD

And Forgot to Say this but on your reloading idea Let us Also Replace one Missing Round in the Internal Rifles/Shotguns Without Emptying the Whole Gun out

in real Life you Can Just insert a Single Shell when Fired not pulling all your Shells out of a Bolt/Pump action/Lever Action/Double Barrel before reloading them one at a time anyway Just Because it has 4 of 5 Shells and you Want it Full for Next time ^_^

(they already Have this System in Place for Magazines anyway)

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 1

You'll be happy to know there's a new shotgun (the baikal mp-133) in the new experimental version ! But i would love to see a saiga in game :)

• Like 1

The game needs a saiga 12. It shares the same buttstock as the AKM/AK74/AK101 and can accept a PSO-1 scope, as well as any AK side mounted optic on it's accessory rail. Despite it's menacing look, it can be a civilian/police spawn.

• Like 1

I would like to see more domestic shotguns before any of the other more mil/modern style saiga master systems and what have you .....etc

• Like 2

I would like to see more domestic shotguns before any of the other more mil/modern style saiga master systems and what have you .....etc

Same, especially since the map is mostly rural. I really think pump shotguns are a priority as opposed to semi-auto/auto. 

• Like 1

Saiga is "domestic", popular shotgun... would be almost a travesty if it is not added at some point.

Seen here with IZH-43 and MP-153

8nqoI3G.jpg?1

• Like 1

Maybe true, but your first shot makes a better impact, and you won't have to worry as much about reloading.

Right because there will be only one zombie. Or do you mean that the "better impact" will make other zeds run away ?

Saiga is "domestic", popular shotgun... would be almost a travesty if it is not added at some point.

Oh ok, well sounds good to me then :D excuse my ignorance, I was only picturing the black combat looking version(s) with the magazine which seemed exclusive for some reason 

• Like 1

Right because there will be only one zombie. Or do you mean that the "better impact" will make other zeds run away ?

With high upfront damage, and lots of stopping power at close range, there isn't much need for follow up shots. 

With high upfront damage, and lots of stopping power at close range, there isn't much need for follow up shots. 

Oh I see you assume you are being attacked by a single zombie. What if there is 20 of them ? Can you reload your shotgun 4 times before they maul you to death ? 

I've played for years, never been attacked by more than four at a time. If you can run around in circles and kill them off with an fire-axe, than I'm sure a shotgun will suffice. Shotguns could also fit in your backpack when sawed off, and would make a great "breaching"/"clearing" weapon, or a backup. (You need to calm down buddy :o you can use whatever you want to fight these "Zeds" of yours.)

I've played for years, never been attacked by more than four at a time. If you can run around in circles and kill them off with an fire-axe, than I'm sure a shotgun will suffice. Shotguns could also fit in your backpack when sawed off, and would make a great "breaching"/"clearing" weapon, or a backup. (You need to calm down buddy :o you can use whatever you want to fight these "Zeds" of yours.)

Well that's for now, but it's safe to say that in future there will be much more zeds. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Well that's for now, but it's same to say that in future there will be much more zeds. 

I hope there are. It really doesn't take that long to reload anyways. :P

There are also shotguns with magazines.

• Like 1

There are also shotguns with magazines.

There are also rifles with magazines.

There are also rifles with magazines.

You're absolutely correct. You said you would rather have a firearm that you didn't have to "reload one shell at a time" when referring to shotguns.

• Like 1

You're absolutely correct. You said you would rather have a firearm that you didn't have to "reload one shell at a time" when referring to shotguns.

I was referring to the rule, not the exception. 

How about 2 shells at a time?

... The sarcasm hurts my head btw.

Edited by KnoXy