Sign in to follow this  
over9000nukez

Can we stop this instant-ruined-everything stuff?

This is an alpha. This is not a final product. Though I would be surprised if some version of this doesnt make it to the final game.

Who said it wasn't?  What is wrong with you people?  No shit it's an alpha, it's in BIG CAP FKN LETTERS EVERY TIME YOU PLAY.  Also, in what way does your comment relate to my comment you quoted?  I said I don't usually have a problem and you reply with "DURR ALPHERRRRR", for what seems to be absolutely no reason.

Clothes should degrade MUCH slower but also be much harder to repair (use sewing kit + some material) and lose all functionality when ruined (might gradually lose functionality when progressing through damage grades).

No to any kind of "in the meantime remove":

1. Its alpha - things are there to test them.
  2. If you remove something its gone and might be forgotten.
  3. The more people cry to more attention it gets.
  4. Having loot destroyed keeps players looting and the hive from overflowing with gear.

@Evil Minion

Functionality : for a vest

Pristine - all slots available 

Worn - same, just cosmetic difference 

Damaged - Some slots unavailable

Badly Damaged - most slots unavailable and small risk of loosing items

Ruined - almost no slots available and risk of loosing items

Same for bag pack but arm strips can rip. 

All of that^^

Id like to have it take an amount of time per damage grade to repair aswell, say 30 seconds per grade. Then its better to maintain your cloths when they drop one grade and take the 30 sec hit, instead of letting it degrade so far you need to sit there sewing for two and a half mins :)

Those aren't Romero zombies, you can knock them out, they pause in their assault when you hit them. Devs already said that those are infected humans not your classic undead.

Yeah, and the general consensus of infected zeds is that is a rage virus of sorts. Adrenaline and rage do a lot to the human body, its not the same as you standing there and punching something.

Edited by Hells High

Yeah, and the general consensus of infected zeds is that is a rage virus of sorts. Adrenaline and rage do a lot to the human body, its not the same as you standing there and punching something.

Yes but they do feel pain, or they would not react to normal punches to their body. 

If they were constantly under an adrenaline rush, they would be dead in minutes, either from a heart attack or from the muscles tearing themselves apart and causing internal bleeding. (look up some effects. Nasty stuff)

Your body isn't designed to constantly MAIM TEAR KILL ADRENALINE RUUUSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH 24/7. 

I will confirm there is one shot zombies, that can ruin your shirts. This sounds crazy, but last weekend I was playing north of electro in Tulga, and by god a zombie hit me from 10 feet away, and ruined my shirt. I then changed shirts. Then I logged back in on a dif server and by god at the exact same spot and zombie that looked exactly the same, ruined my my other shirt...1 shot from 10 feet away. Also when I shot that zombie, it seemed like just a few seconds later he respawned. Weirdness. Nothing else just my shirt was ruined both times........wierd. Nothing else vest, pants, pack ect ect were just fine no damage. It almost seems like that zombie is programed to do that at that spot everytime, it also seemed like that zombie did not behave normally. I am now convinced that is some sort of bug, and will avoid that little town. Or maybe that program zombies to do that randomly.....not sure. Just glad I have spares he he.

Pretty strange. LOL But it's alpha, so becareful on ladders, don't climb down into the bunker the new mil base....watch your ping and the list goes on. Thats why dayz is half common since/ tactic and half knowing the mechanics and what broken and not broken,

Edited by CJFlint

a zombie literally doing a slap animation: should ruin stacks of bullets, magazines, and even pistols in one hit, because "humans are tougher when affected by adrenaline and rage",

this is more so about them 1 shottings items, and not slowly degrading items as they hit them, sure, id like to see them destroy a magazine, after 20+ hits straight to that part of the body.

Thought process

You can collect a lot of items

Lets make the zombies that are hard as fuk to hit destroy all your sht to make the game more fun!  While they respawn on top of you! 

• Like 1

Yes but they do feel pain, or they would not react to normal punches to their body. 

Seems to me they are not reacting to pain but to the physical force of impact of your melee weapon. At least they don't react when getting hit by a bullets (unless the bullets kills them of course).

Seems to me they are not reacting to pain but to the physical force of impact of your melee weapon. At least they don't react when getting hit by a bullets (unless the bullets kills them of course).

Bullets don't "throw people back", or "across a room". They cause the same kickback to a body that the shooter feels in the form of recoil. If you get shot in the gut with a 7.62mm round, you won't spin around and drop back. It'll just blow your insides out your outsides : P

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlownAcrossTheRoom

Check "Real Life". It summarizes it pretty well. Yes, it is an "entertainment website", but you can look up the actual principles if you so wish.

Edited by Whyherro123

a zombie literally doing a slap animation: should ruin stacks of bullets, magazines, and even pistols in one hit, because "humans are tougher when affected by adrenaline and rage",

That's actually not what I said, and if you'd read my comments and the exchange I was having with the person you'd get the context and realize I wasn't defending one hit damage. I was talking about their ability to wreck stuff in general.

If they were constantly under an adrenaline rush, they would be dead in minutes, either from a heart attack or from the muscles tearing themselves apart and causing internal bleeding. (look up some effects. Nasty stuff)

Your body isn't designed to constantly MAIM TEAR KILL ADRENALINE RUUUSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH 24/7. 

They aren't under constant adrenaline rushes. They wander around and are quite docile until you piss them off. The AI right now is very basic as well, so its hard to judge what their behavior will be like, but the general consensus for living "zeds" is rage virus. Heightened aggression and loss of higher cognitive function. When they see you they want to kill you, animalistic, baser instincts type deal. Fight or flight. Body kicking into overdrive.

They aren't under constant adrenaline rushes. They wander around and are quite docile until you piss them off. The AI right now is very basic as well, so its hard to judge what their behavior will be like, but the general consensus for living "zeds" is rage virus. Heightened aggression and loss of higher cognitive function. When they see you they want to kill you, animalistic, baser instincts type deal. Fight or flight. Body kicking into overdrive.

True but getting adrenaline rush several times a day will eventually make your heart fail. It's like an N2O for your car engine, gives you more power but it will kill the engine pretty fast if it's on too much. 

I sort of agree with this on certain things. I feel like the type of clothing should matter though. Like military-grade clothing items should be way more durable than track pants or something like that but I think they all have the same durability. At least that's what it seems like.

I dunno it seems like an overall hindrance to gameplay all together. As far as I know the only reason this exists is to minimize Kill on sight, which it doesn't do at all. In that respect the feature itself just seems like an annoyance, much like everything else in the game...

You know what would be nice?

If the next 2 years of development for DayZ happened over night.

If you think this issue should be a priority or is "game breaking" then maybe it's time for you to take a break from DayZ and follow the devtracker until you hear that they are working on this one specific factor in the game.

People are saying, "half done" because experimental is at .50 when the numbers don't mean anything!

The game is more like 1/3 done and probably won't really satisfy most gamers until at least Beta.

I think this is the third time I've read this response copy/paste... +1 LOL

• Like 1

I feel certain items shouldn't be degraded from zombies, period, only bullets. For instance if I say a steel handgun, there is nothing you can do, aside from throwing it to the ground to break it. If you punch me while I have it in my shirt pocket, you'll either break your hand or bruise my rib, but that gun will be left unscathed.