Sign in to follow this  
sketch814

Loot on zombies

I think being able to loot a dead zombie for items would be a good addition as the only way of looting is from killing humans or finding it in buildings.

• Like 4

+1

I'd love to see this.  If we could somehow harvest their cloths for rags or they carried small items like can openers, screwdrives etc that would be more plausable than say an Moisin or Helmet etc.

1+

i Think i Read somewhere Devs Are Planning on Zombies Having loot

Deffinatly would Be Nice since Respawing after First 30 min on Coast Means All towns Have no Loot

Considering you could loot zombies in the mod im pretty sure it will be similar in the SA.

I like the idea but I think only 30-40% of the non-millitary zombies should have loot.(80% of millitary zombies should have loot)

Edited by Tolispro

On the one hand I understand from a game play perspective, but on the other- why can't I take that goddamn helmet from the military zombie!?

I don't think military zombies should have that high a chance.

I mean why did they die? Most likely, they ran out of bullets.

They should have at best a couple of rounds or thinks like combat knives, rations maybe.

Nothing that would make them a farmable resource to set you on your way, just minor chances for some helpful stuff.

It will be interesting to see. We may see zombie loots way down the track after the loot table of today and higher zombie count may take priority ?

So how long did it take for that feature to show up in the mod ? I stopped playing the mod a long time ago but I'm sure it wasn't with in the 1st year of its release (2012)

Edited by liquidcactus

I don't think military zombies should have that high a chance.

I mean why did they die? Most likely, they ran out of bullets.

They should have at best a couple of rounds or thinks like combat knives, rations maybe.

Nothing that would make them a farmable resource to set you on your way, just minor chances for some helpful stuff.

That`s the thing, they didn't die. The zombies aren't dead, they are living people with a REALLY bad virus. Some of them just happened to be serving in the military at the moment of the outbreak. They should have some gear on them that a soldier would have.

That`s the thing, they didn't die. The zombies aren't dead, they are living people with a REALLY bad virus. Some of them just happened to be serving in the military at the moment of the outbreak. They should have some gear on them that a soldier would have.

Well given the war zone look of the place some people clearly went down fighting be it getting bitten and turning or getting shot and succumbing to the infection.

I would rather they just add dead bodies around with occasional loot I suggested that once in a gore topic, that and occasional loot on zombies would be great.

This is a great idea, been wondering that myself. The items should depend on what person was killed for example soldier zombies should have military items, civilian could have food and supplies, but the nicer the item the rarer a chance it will have that item. Basically the same as the randomness from loot spawns just on zombies.

It was in the mod and I think they even confirmed it for the SA

It is a good idea. But, this can be easily abused with the current mechanics. Right now I can draw streams of zombies into field and farm them...

I think this should only implemented if zombies become more of a threat. A group of zombies, with only a few of them actually having anything of value will be nice.

Edited by Mor

I think this should only implemented if zombies become more of a threat. A group of zombies, with only a few of them actually having anything of value will be nice.

Indeed.. you should have to search 15+ zombie bodies to find something that is the least amount usefull. For the most part it could be crap like bubble gum or a guitar pick