Dark233Play

Board games or Cards any one?

I was thinking to make the game more immersion there should be like little mini games. If you get to the point were your self efficient in surviving or that you wont a change in pace from just murdering people. You could get some friends to gather up and play a game of soccer or (football) for the Europeans, basketball or even baseball. Hang out in your fortified camp or farm house playing a game of cards or a board game with your buds in candle light next to a fire place trying not to freeze to death. People might think its dumb but I have played games in the past that had stuff like that and it was pretty cool to have a game within a game. Final Fantasy 7 any one. The arcade at the gold saucer I have never forgotten.

Edited by Dark233Play
  • Like 6

I actually think cards would be a great idea. Something to do while sitting around a fire with comrades. Kinda makes me think about playing caravan in fallout.

Board games, no. these would be very complicated to add all of the parts and make work correctly, not to mention each game would be different.

Cards are a great idea though. Only would need 1 set of items and stuff, and thousands of games can be played with a simple deck of cards. Would add another thing to do, and might even help reduce KOS. Great idea, I would totally play some euhker (sorry spelling is atrocious correct me if anyone knows how to spell it =P) or poker with friends around the campfire.

I think if cards are added, they should only spawn in whole complete decks, not like individual cards or something. would take too long to collect all of them, so for sake of gameplay they should only spawn complete.

The card games would be amazing. If it was free play, as in players can arrange the cards however they please, then I am all for it. Love to show off some of the games I know.

Board games is another good one. Dungeons and Dragons with collectable figurines and a comprehensive skill sheet would be a good idea as well.

Edited by Sleeves

Totally support this. Card games would be awesome, and since you can do so much with a single set of cards, it'd lead to endless opportunities. Hell, you might even see new games emerging.

I was thinking to make the game more immersion there should be like little mini games. If you get to the point were your self efficient in surviving or that you wont a change in pace from just murdering people. You could get some friends to gather up and play a game of soccer or (football) for the Europeans, basketball or even baseball. Hang out in your fortified camp or farm house playing a game of cards or a board game with your buds in candle light next to a fire place trying not to freeze to death. People might think its dumb but I have played games in the past that had stuff like that and it was pretty cool to have a game within a game. Final Fantasy 7 any one. The arcade at the gold saucer I have never forgotten.

Red Ded Redemption and Fable Had Little Card/Board Games, Deffinatly Nice to Switch up the Pace

And Whats More Survivaly than Playing Some small Games you Find at the House you are Hold up in For the Night  Rather than Going out to Get eaten By Zombies Cause sitting there with Nothing to Do Makes you Bored(Suicidal)

Edited by NokyoOkami

Red Ded Redemption and Fable Had Little Card/Board Games, Deffinatly Nice to Switch up the Pace

And Whats More Survivaly than Playing Some small Games you Find at the House you are Hold up in For the Night  Rather than Going out to Get eaten By Zombies Cause sitting there with Nothing to Do Makes you Bored(Suicidal)

I think lots of games could be thrown in with cards.

On a side note, I wish we could do Russian Roulette with the Magnum.

• Like 2

Awesome idea. I think that would be very amusing and could also be used when u had someone handcuffed. Great fear tactic.

Might Give Bandits a Reason to take People Alive Because it Might Be More Amusing To Make their Prisoners Play Russian Roulette Against each other xD

I'd love to see cards.

Betting on poker with bullets would literally be amazing.

Like in Metro 2033. 7.62x39MM rounds are the currency. That, of course, is in the book.

In the games, specifically military graded ammunition is the money.

The idea would be awesome. Using bullets as the unofficial form of cash would be sweet.

Edited by Askelon

I was thinking the same thing about Russian Roulette as I was writing this post. But thought it was best to save it for a different kind of post LOL.

Yes cards has been discussed in the past  but shit I want to be able to sit at a table to play ! :D

• Like 1

Yes cards has been discussed in the past  but shit I want to be able to sit at a table to play ! :D

Sitting is a Good SuggestionEven Just  to Restore Breathing Faster

Eat/Drink ^_^

And if your at the Table And Have a Work Surface

Repair Clothing/Guns

Not Spill as Much Food Opening Cans

Can Just Be More Efficiant than out in the Woods Perhaps xD

Edited by NokyoOkami

Sitting is a Good SuggestionEven Just  to Restore Breathing Faster

Eat/Drink ^_^

And if your at the Table And Have a Work Surface

Repair Clothing/Guns

Not Spill as Much Food Opening Cans

Can Just Be More Efficiant than out in the Woods Perhaps xD

Indeed, the ideas for this game are limitless :D

I like the idea of cards, chess, backgammon...anything like that. And I really want them to make use of the physics system with footballs in the loot tables that roll when we run into them....5 a side anyone? Also, would be a hard one, but a  Frisbee could be cool...

Dayz endgame....sniper dodging extreme Frisbee on Electo beach :)

• Like 1

Hello there

We have had this before, but its nice to revisit old ideas.

Cards get a +1 from me you wouldnt even need to program rules in if you could control picking up and putting down of individual cards, although saying that thats another 52 items for the engine to deal with.....hmmm.

Anyhoo item that can increase socialization gets a thumbs up from me. Also it would be fun to hunt for missing cards etc.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

We have had this before, but its nice to revisit old ideas.

Cards get a +1 from me you wouldnt even need to program rules in if you could control picking up and putting down of individual cards, although saying that thats another 52 items for the engine to deal with.....hmmm.

Anyhoo item that can increase socialization gets a thumbs up from me. Also it would be fun to hunt for missing cards etc.

Rdgs

LoK

"Boys....after a month iv finally built a full deck of cards....lets meet up for some poker."

*Whip crack*

*Whip crack*

"You are Dead"

"Ahh well maybe next month boys"

Dayz at its best :D

• Like 1

I dont think that will be added soon, but surely yeah, I would like to see one fun game. Lets hope it wont be too hard to script.

Dice. You only need 2, and what better way to gamble your M4/Dragunov/victim's life than a simple roll of the dice?

Dice. You only need 2, and what better way to gamble your M4/Dragunov/victim's life than a simple roll of the dice?

harvey-dent-becomes-the-villain-by-the-e

That is.