d.walker43

any updates for ETA of release?

Hi guys. I know that early this year Dean Hall said that they expect to reach beta by end on 2014 or early 2015. However, in one of the devs posts on reddit (or twitter, I think reddit though) they said that we may have 1 vehicle by end of the year. Obviously this makes for 2 very different times for release. So, does anybody have the latest time the devs have given for the full release to be ready to roll? thanks.

Hi guys. I know that early this year Dean Hall said that they expect to reach beta by end on 2014 or early 2015. However, in one of the devs posts on reddit (or twitter, I think reddit though) they said that we may have 1 vehicle by end of the year. Obviously this makes for 2 very different times for release. So, does anybody have the latest time the devs have given for the full release to be ready to roll? thanks.

No offence and don't take this as directed at you in particular. I kind of think this is how most of those, "When are we going to get vehicles?" people think.

Just because they're planning on adding one vehicle at some point soon doesn't mean all if a sudden we are in Beta. The new vehicle is going to need to be tested in Alpha. Not only that, the tires, wrenches, toolbox, engine parts, gas tank and whatever they decide to implement to get a car working will need to be tested and I guarantee they will be broken for a while. That's the nature of testing.

Then what about the gas stations. Are they ready to fill you up yet? Have gas cans been mentioned in any dev blogs or tweets or weekly updates?

When a vehicle finally arrives I think we're going to see a huge upswing in players again....then we're going to see a huge upswing of people on the forums saying, "waaaa they're broken, screw you Dayz this game is shit!

Then we can get back to testing these new things. Which is what we are doing. Beta and the beginning of 2015 is still 4 to 6 months away.

• Like 1

Crystal balls officially confirmed !

Crystal balls only implemented in DLC. For PS4...

Soon..............

zJrfIwn.jpg

Prison Bum-Fun DLC only for XBone. Because they like that sort of thing.

• Like 1

"Vehicles are going to be done in new script . As we are moving away from sqf. Physics seems to be working, assets are somewhat done. One vehicle by end of the year maybe? But no promises."

lookhere

• Like 3

No offence and don't take this as directed at you in particular. I kind of think this is how most of those, "When are we going to get vehicles?" people think.

Just because they're planning on adding one vehicle at some point soon doesn't mean all if a sudden we are in Beta. The new vehicle is going to need to be tested in Alpha. Not only that, the tires, wrenches, toolbox, engine parts, gas tank and whatever they decide to implement to get a car working will need to be tested and I guarantee they will be broken for a while. That's the nature of testing.

Then what about the gas stations. Are they ready to fill you up yet? Have gas cans been mentioned in any dev blogs or tweets or weekly updates?

When a vehicle finally arrives I think we're going to see a huge upswing in players again....then we're going to see a huge upswing of people on the forums saying, "waaaa they're broken, screw you Dayz this game is shit!

Then we can get back to testing these new things. Which is what we are doing. Beta and the beginning of 2015 is still 4 to 6 months away.

I understand completely. What I am asking is do they have any idea when the beta/full release will be ready. I know there is tons of work left to do. In the 2014 roadmap they said they expect beta probably early 2015. If we only have 1 vehicle by then, then obviously we wont be in beta yet. what I was asking is when is it expected to be ready to roll and finished. sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

And to all you other guys, please don't post shit like "when its ready" or "i don't know". Please only post if you have a decent answer or discussion to put. Thank you.

• Like 1

why people get irrate when people ask when is beta when its been stated for months it would be happening in december but now may not be.

people just would like to know no need to get silly about it.

And to all you other guys, please don't post shit like "when its ready" or "i don't know". Please only post if you have a decent answer or discussion to put. Thank you.

The point is, that nobody knows. I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting people to post aside from speculation, friend. ;)

• Like 1

The more important question that comes to my mind is why it is important at all when we will be in beta? ( No offense, OP ).

Reading the status reports i think vehicles are the last big feature to be added, eventhough i think the devs will expand horticulture and barricading since the iterations in the current build are only very basic mechanics. So yeah, it will take some few more months until the Game is feature complete.

When / Will the Game : ( insert question here )...

TzFk0J6.png

Here's a crystal ball for you to use.

As seen in:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153735-frequently-asked-questions/

No offence, but honestly while this answer might be cute for small kickstarter run by few kids who never actually produced a game, for a producer on this project (with a studio of this size, which works with several team; who have yearly roadmap, and publish periodical updates) not to have target window for release or at the very least Feature complete status is unrealistic. So either they are incompetent or intentionally do not disclose that information.

No offence, but honestly while this answer might be cute for small kickstarter run by few kids who never actually produced a game, for a producer on this project (with a studio of this size, which works with several team; who have yearly roadmap, and publish periodical updates) not to have target window for release or at the very least Feature complete status is unrealistic. So either they are incompetent or intentionally do not disclose that information.

Well I didn't mean to imply the devs don't know. I meant that nobody outside the company knows. DayZ devs never really disclosed any fixed dates for anything as far as I'm aware so that's quite intentional on their part.

Every time we see initial implementation of some new feature (like horticulture/barricading yesterday), the beta gets farther and farther away in my mind. I said to my friend yesterday, "Will this game ever be finished? It doesn't seem like they will ever be done adding things. No one will be satisfied until we have the first true reality simulator." I mean really... look how far we've come since December of last year, then look at how much there is left to do. It's overwhelming to say the least :p

The more important question that comes to my mind is why it is important at all when we will be in beta? ( No offense, OP ).

Exactly. It's not like you're unable to play the game until then.

Sooooo you're calling them incompetent while choosing to play their game? Okay then... Not sure why you wouldn't just spend your time on something else. It's not worth stressing about, it's just a game.

• Like 1

Soon..............

zJrfIwn.jpg

Good point...no release before we have hard solid fisting mechanic in place

Edited by svisketyggeren

Well I didn't mean to imply the devs don't know. I meant that nobody outside the company knows. DayZ devs never really disclosed any fixed dates for anything as far as I'm aware so that's quite intentional on their part.

Any reason for that? Because I can only think one that involves marketing i.e. if people think the game is closer than it is they might be more inclined to buy it, while others will have to comeback for periodic updates rather than wait patiently until release\big mile stones.

The idea that someone who supported the developers/game by buying it early, not knowing a release date seem wrong. Even big kickstares who officially don't have any obligations to their "investors" usually provide a tentative release date.

Any reason for that? Because I can only think one that involves marketing i.e. if people think the game is closer than it is they might be more inclined to buy it, while others will have to comeback for periodic updates rather than wait patiently until release\big mile stones.

The idea that someone who supported the developers/game by buying it early, not knowing a release date seem wrong. Even big kickstares who officially don't have any obligations to their "investors" usually provide a tentative release date.

Hello there

Youll find that many Early access devs give no dates unless they are 100pc sure that a "thing" will happen.

I have many "Early Access" and "Alpha" games and almost none have a definitive timeline.

Game development can be incredibly fluid and often things can crop up at the last minute which can delay a publication etc. The sheer rage and angst that generates is not worth handling, so its easier for everyone including the fans to be somewhat oblique.

As we get closer to release and feature lock etc youll see dates becoming generally firmer. Mostly...

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
Gramma...and granda
  • Like 1

In addition to what orlok said, Early Access games have another problem, especially such a big early access title as DayZ. The dev's need to keep playability and gaming experience in their focus and keep on fixing bugs on the fly to keep the playerbase somewhat happy, instead of throwing the game together and sort out the mess once they're done with this ( apart from game breaking bugs ofc ). This constant bugfixing consumes a lot of time and manpower which is distracting the team from actually creating the game. And since bugs can't be foreseen ( as noone implements them intentionally ) they all have an impact on the timeline of the development process.

Edited by ChainReactor

Hey, you choose to come here and ask. Why don't you give your fingers a work out and head over to www.google.com, or even better the search function at the top of the page as this same question has been asked about 2,000,000,000,000 times now.

In short how dare you start dictating how others act when you cant follow the simple rules of searching before you make a new topic. Hell just for people like you they implemented a feature that AUTOMAGICALY searches as soon as you title your thread.

Hey, you choose to come here and ask. Why don't you give your fingers a work out and head over to www.google.com, or even better the search function at the top of the page as this same question has been asked about 2,000,000,000,000 times now.

In short how dare you start dictating how others act when you cant follow the simple rules of searching before you make a new topic. Hell just for people like you they implemented a feature that AUTOMAGICALY searches as soon as you title your thread.

How about you go follow your own advice and search for it. Again, more people saying "idk" and nobody knows and shit. I was asking a simple question. I was not asking the broad question itself, I was more or less comparing the fact that there have been several times given, so I wanted to clear things up. It was said to be finished end of 2014, early 2015, now they are saying MAYBE 1 vehicle by end of year, ive heard end of 2015/early 2016, theres tons of different times being thrown around. I was simply looking for a more concrete answer. I bought this product, I think I have the right to know when my investment will pay out.

In short how dare you post before you even read my post, you just saw the title and said "im gonna be a dick and go tell this kid to search it" even though searching simply yields more of the idks and stuff. Go search for it yourself, there are no answers out there.

• Like 1