Sign in to follow this  
BC_Hawke

Blood type indicator - 1.8.3

I played on the 1.8.3 test server last night (loving some of the changes!), but I wanted to make a suggestion on the blood type indicator in the HUD.  I *like* the fact that once you do a blood test you have an indicator so that you can remember it rather than have to write it down, but I *don't like* the fact that implementing this completely removes the necessity to actually read the chart and decipher the test results to figure out your blood type.  That was a fun little mini-game!  I suggest that after doing the blood test and you bring the chart up, that you have to click on the blood type that matches your test results.  That blood type will then appear on your blood icon in the HUD.  It should allow clicking on the wrong option so that if you mis-read the test the wrong blood type is displayed.  If you feel you picked the wrong one after a bad transfusion (sometimes the test results are a bit hard to read) you can retake the test with another kit to reset the blood type indicator.

This way you still have to read the blood test and have the permanent reminder there on your icon.

Something similar could be done for filling empty blood bags.  Have a menu pop up so you check a box for which blood type the bag is.  If you don't know your blood type you leave it blank.

I dont like the idea of having more HUDs and such, I like the immersion of having to remember, and look things up in game. However, I would like a book in game about medical things such as the blood type chart.

• Like 1

Can you post this on github plz.

If we keep it all together all the team working on the mod can see what you guys would like to see changed.