Sign in to follow this  
streakthefox

The Art of the Bow - Bow handling guide!

Howdy everyone, StreakTheFox here with an in-depth look at bows, and how to use them!  You can view the video here!

Also, a quick block of text describing how to acquire bows:

To construct a bow, you need 2 things: Rope, and an Ashwood Stick. Ashwood sticks are not found on the ground, you must harvest them from Ashwood Trees by cutting down said tree with one of the two axes. After doing this, drag a piece of rope in the inventory panel onto an ashwood stick, and it will give you the option to craft an improvised bow. Ashwood Trees are spread out over all of Chernarus, though Berezino is practically infested with them.

For the arrows, you have a choice. Composite Arrows are found in loot spawns, though they cannot be made.
Improvised arrows cannot be found, and must be crafted by the player. To craft arrows, you need to first get some feathers. Feathers are obtained by skinning chickens, which can be found in four different towns: Msta, Vyshnoye, Nadezhdino, and Kozlovka. Once you have feathers, you must then collect sticks from bushes and sharpen them with a sharp melee weapon (i.e kitchen knife, machete, hacksaw). Once you have sharpened sticks, pull them over with the feathers and you can craft improvised arrows. Improvised arrows stack up to a maximum of 5 arrows per stack and take up 2 horizontal squares.

And there you have it! Everything needed to construct bows and arrows

Hope you all enjoy!

Edited by StreakTheFox
  • Like 2

Thank you, I was actually wondering whether I could use a normal stick for the bow or not, sadly that's a no. In my personal opinion, I think they make bow crafting a little too much of a hassle for anyone to actually want to use, especially compared to the amount of firearms that you can collect throughout Chernarus. Now maybe when ammunition is lower, and chickens are a little more common, then maybe, just maybe bows will be considered by a decent amount of survivors.

Now maybe when ammunition is lower, and chickens are a little more common, then maybe, just maybe bows will be considered by a decent amount of survivors.

They just added in finding feathers in chicken coups around the map on experimental.  Source here!  Pic Here!

• Like 1

They just added in finding feathers in chicken coups around the map on experimental.  Source here!  Pic Here!

Just saw that too xD Problem solved I suppose. Even still, ashwood sticks is a pain to get due to the need of an axe.

Howdy everyone, StreakTheFox here with an in-depth look at bows, and how to use them!  You can view the video here!

Also, a quick block of text describing how to acquire bows:

To construct a bow, you need 2 things: Rope, and an Ashwood Stick. Ashwood sticks are not found on the ground, you must harvest them from Ashwood Trees by cutting down said tree with one of the two axes. After doing this, drag a piece of rope in the inventory panel onto an ashwood stick, and it will give you the option to craft an improvised bow. Ashwood Trees are spread out over all of Chernarus, though Berezino is practically infested with them.

For the arrows, you have a choice. Composite Arrows are found in loot spawns, though they cannot be made.

Improvised arrows cannot be found, and must be crafted by the player. To craft arrows, you need to first get some feathers. Feathers are obtained by skinning chickens, which can be found in four different towns: Msta, Vyshnoye, Nadezhdino, and Kozlovka. Once you have feathers, you must then collect sticks from bushes and sharpen them with a sharp melee weapon (i.e kitchen knife, machete, hacksaw). Once you have sharpened sticks, pull them over with the feathers and you can craft improvised arrows. Improvised arrows stack up to a maximum of 5 arrows per stack and take up 2 horizontal squares.

And there you have it! Everything needed to construct bows and arrows

Hope you all enjoy!

As of the most recent experimental update you may find feathers by searching chicken coops. Did it today.