Sign in to follow this  
Kyle1234 (DayZ)

Fps Troubles

Hello Everyone I am currently having trouble with my Fps, It will not go over 40 fps but constantly drops below 20. No matter what Graphic settings

Pc Specs

Fx 6300 3.50 ghz 

R9 270x 

8GB Ram 

Any other games I can play fine, I have tried some of way to increase fps but none of them have any effect.

Does anyone have idea's on how to fix this.

Graphic setting won't do much, because the core engine of dayz, the arma 2 engine, relies very heavy on CPU instead up GPU.

You have a very good CPU, but because the game isn't optimized for multiple cores, it won't benefit from it.

In DayZ higher core clock helps more than more cores.

EDIT: If you want to increase the fps, there is not alot you can do, but you can try to avoid servers with very high vehicle count, like 500+.

And maybe you can move you @DayZ folder to a faster hard drive, if you have one. That gave me 15-20% increase.

Hopes this awnsers your question.

Edited by JohnnyColt

Hello Everyone I am currently having trouble with my Fps, It will not go over 40 fps but constantly drops below 20. No matter what Graphic settings

Pc Specs

Fx 6300 3.50 ghz 

R9 270x 

8GB Ram 

Any other games I can play fine, I have tried some of way to increase fps but none of them have any effect.

Does anyone have idea's on how to fix this.

Yes. Buy the fastest Intel i5 "K" (unlocked) CPU you can afford and over clock the bejesus out of it.