dgeesio

reporting server admins is such a silly process

well i asked  forum admins how to report a admin of a dayz sa server i was on yesterday who abusing his power on te server. basically i shot him he shut server down so i couldnt get his gear. i have screenshot and video.

now on asking how i go about this i find out i have to find out the server provider which i dont know nd report him to them.

this means now i have to contact all server providers for dayz sa and hope that his server which i know the name of is one of those and they contact me back or they take action which they wont because that means they lose a server rental ( lose income)

this is such a stupid procedure and just leads to people saying screw this too much effort then same admins just keep on doing it and noone reports.

this didnt used to be the way so why cant we just report them on here like we used to be able to do ?

"Admins do not abuse their powers, what are you talking about. Maybe you were just seeing things?" Slides a wad of beans to you. "Right...?"

this means now i have to contact all server providers for dayz sa and hope that his server which i know the name of is one of those and they contact me back or they take action which they wont because that means they lose a server rental ( lose income)

Point 1:

You really know how to make a mountain out of a molehill. You only write one E-Mail and copy / paste the five GSP's into the BCC and that's it. How is that too hard to do? If you fail doing that already I doubt you're going to report anything anyway.

Point 2:

They do take actions, as they're bound to do that. BI is handing out hte serverfiles to them and they're in a contractual relationship binding the GSP's to do certain things. This is a part of it. If they don't, they will lose their right to host servers (as BI has full control over that)

this didnt used to be the way so why cant we just report them on here like we used to be able to do ?

You appear to be stuck in 2012. This is not about a free mod anymore - it is a game people pay for and companies that are dealing with it. This is why it has to follow a certain path.

If you're not willing to invest 3 seconds more in copy / pasting five GSP's into your E-Mail I doubt we will be able to help you here. You spent more time complaining than you would have if you reported that server. And whenever I have spoken to people reporting servers the outcome was that those servers were shut down.

• Like 6

You could also just blind copy the GSP's into the same e-mail as per the instructions in the server reporting topic. 

Having an official section on the forums isn't going to achieve anything, it didn't in the mod, the reports never went anywhere and the entire section was a complete waste of time as the mod grew from a handful of servers to thousands. It wouldn't be an efficient manner of allowing people to submit the reports and would require someone else to then forward them to GSP's, taking QA/Support staff away from bug testing internal builds working on the feedback tracker. It would just add an additional step to the process. 

The best thing people can do if they don't know the GSP is to BCC them all into the same e-mail. This is something that isn't ideal at the moment but it's the best option we have for the time being. I don't know why people keep throwing out the idea that the GSP will not do anything about it either. This is demonstrably false. The server providers stand to lose a lot more money if they don't follow their contractual agreements. Lose a customer for enforcing the hosting agreement, or lose an entire set of customers and all future customers for not complying with BIS's requirements? Sending an email isn't that hard.