Sign in to follow this  
jack0lanturn

DayZ Graphics Settings [FPS Boost]

Hello new to this site and the game, I was hoping to get some help with reaching decent FPS on this poorly optimized game.

Specs:

Lenovo y40 Laptop

Processor: Intel i7 4510 CPU 2.6ghz 

Ram: 8gb

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M275, Intel HD Graphics 4400

Monitor 1920x1080

I'm getting about 15-20 FPS all around the map

If i could get some help i would really appreciate it.

Edit: Was wondering about launch options and what they do

Edited by jack0lanturn

First thing I would try is lowering your resolution down from 1920x1080 to something smaller and lower the quality to Low, then play with it from there. I did a quick Google and it looks like that card might struggle on higher resolutions. That's the best advice I have, maybe someone has better.

• Like 1

First thing I would try is lowering your resolution down from 1920x1080 to something smaller and lower the quality to Low, then play with it from there. I did a quick Google and it looks like that card might struggle on higher resolutions. That's the best advice I have, maybe someone has better.

Thanks I appreciate it! My game jumped about 5-8 FPS

I use the y510p with GT 755m SLI, i74700mq, and 16gb of RAM, and FPS is a shame. But everyone knows this, and It's an Alpha, so I guess that's an excuse. ;)

Anywho, best thing for you to do is download a program that will display your fps in the top corner of your screen, go to a major city like Novo or Cherno, and keep changing different settings. Some you'll be able to change all the way to "very high" and not see a single frame of difference. Others are extremely noticeable. 

And don't worry about the launch options. I've tried them all, and none of them make a single bit of difference. The only ones I use are -nosplash and -skipintro just so I can get in a game quicker. 

• Like 1

Lenovo? lol, I thought only chinese will buy it.

Just a FYI. Lenovo was originally IBM. Now it's a Chinese based company since they bought it from IBM. Lenovo are good computers.

I experimented a lot with my settings. I tried Full-HD with AA on, 4k with downsampling and AA off, changed texture quality, turned post processing on and off, but in the end I like DayZ more for the looks than for FPS. In the end I tried Raptr from AMD and it gave me very good visuals and reasonable FPS. I get 35-50 in the wild and 20-25 in cities. But sometimes for unknown reasons the FPS drops to 10-15. If you are unsure about the settings, you might give Raptr a try. Also their recording feature has a lower impact on my frame rates than Afterburner.