Sign in to follow this  
d.walker43

invisible/non-existent loot?

Alright, at first I thought that the locations I visited were already looted, but I think it is more than that. For about the past week, I have been in the Cherno and Balota area looting. I have been at Balota for about 3 days, and every time I have spawned in there is not a single item at the entire airfield in any of the buildings. Not even a single can of beans. At first I thought that server hoppers must have been here before me, but ive been there 3 days and have yet to find a single item. Same thing has happened many times, in many different lives, and at many different places. Its as if loot is just not spawning there or it is all invisible/non-existent for me. Thought I would bring it to the attention of the devs and the community. Anybody know fixes for this, or has anyone else encountered it? Thanks.

Are you playing on persistent servers?

I believe so, I havnt really paid attention to that but the majority of the ones I play on say persistence ON, when I was experiencing this problem I hopped to a few different ones to make sure it wasn't just the servers problem and for the most part the problem still occurred.

Alright, at first I thought that the locations I visited were already looted, but I think it is more than that. For about the past week, I have been in the Cherno and Balota area looting. I have been at Balota for about 3 days, and every time I have spawned in there is not a single item at the entire airfield in any of the buildings. Not even a single can of beans. At first I thought that server hoppers must have been here before me, but ive been there 3 days and have yet to find a single item. Same thing has happened many times, in many different lives, and at many different places. Its as if loot is just not spawning there or it is all invisible/non-existent for me. Thought I would bring it to the attention of the devs and the community. Anybody know fixes for this, or has anyone else encountered it? Thanks.

I've spawned in all manner of different locations across several servers... I even watched and waited for some servers to restart and joined them asap only to realize that it made absolutely no difference on the availability of loot near starting locations.  The loot is nonexistent at these starting areas... so much so that you're forced to either sprint to [a better place that may or may not exist?] aggroing everything and hoping that you don't starve by the time you get there or get killed by the trailing zombies OR you can stick around and starve to death looking for food that doesn't exist.

After about 4 hours of playing I had some mild success and managed to survive for more than an hour.  The trick was... well... no trick at all --it was pure luck.  I spawned close enough to Novod that I could sprint directly there without starving.  After searching civilian homes and farmhouses in the triple digits and finding -zero- foodstuffs (and 'zero' is no exaggeration) I finally married the idea that searching homes for food was a total waste of time.  Where did I find all my food you might ask?  That big ass tower building in Novod. 

Also, on that particular run I was "cold" the entire time with a down jacket, hunter pants, wellies, work gloves, and a beanie.

I still have yet to ever even see a backpack ingame even after having played for close to 12 hours.