sapioit

DayZ Aim type of servers

Do you want "Aim" to be a standard, like "Overpoch"?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, I think it is a good idea

• Yes, I simply cannot find a bad part to it
    • Yes, but I do not like having that much launch parameters. The launchers should add the 4 mods as a single pack (Aim)
    • Yes, but I do not think the launchers will support it
    • Yes, but I might not play on it
    • No, but I might play on it
    • No, it will require more power, so the old systems won't be able to handle it
    • No, I do not like the idea

Hi! 

I just found this script (after a lot of thinking about it), so I was thinking that a server having it would be pretty interesting.

What is the mod (pack) doing? Simply allowing players to shoot from the passangers' seats. Anything with 2 or more seats should allow the non-driver players in the vehicle to shoot from their seat(s). This just adds a bit to the realism of DayZ and a bit more to the gameplay. Because you can now shoot the players from inside the vehicle. Wanna watch this?

And about the name of the server, just adding "Aim" would make it like a kinda officially known version. For example, Epoch would become Epoch Aim, Overpoch would be Overpoch Aim, DayZ would become DayZ Aim.

And the launchers would support it, too, since there are already mods wich requires more folders to work properly or work at at all. So maybe some of the launchers won't support it, but most of them will support the Aim...

What do you guys think?

Complete list of mods required:

Community Base Addons

Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core

- ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod

- Shoot From Vehicle Script

Edit: The comments are welcomed!

Edited by SapioiT

*Bump* Noone else?

I have discussed with a servers team and they might make a server to give this idea a shot, if they find enough people to play on it, before taking the decision.

Also, because the name "Aim" is too... general, I think it might be a better choice using "Zaim" or "zAim" for the name.

The mods which lets you shoot from the back haves combined: 151 MB 

Edit: This is a list of mods that could be added, to make the pack worth giving a shot for both those ones who want to be able to shoot from inside the vehicles and for those ones who want more vehicles in the game, in the order of what I find most needed to what I find least neede, in a new mod:

- MB 5   - Gecko ATV pack *

- MB 1   - Old Jeep *

- MB 57 - Zil - Screwdrive *

- MB 5   - Go-Kart *

- MB 7   - RQ-8A Fire Scout *

- MB 4   - Taser Mod *

- MB 1   - Car Radio *

- MB 24 - Alvis Stalwart

- MB 10 - Sikorsky R-4

- MB 15 - USEC Bell 206B

- MB 1 - Engineers Toolbox (For the places where you can repair vehicles)

- MB 40 - AAC Gazelle

- MB 34 - AAC Scout

- MB 5   - US Coast Guard Boats

Total vehicles request: 175 MB

* Minimum vehicles request: the first 7 mods (80 MB)

zAim    = 151 MB                Only shooting from inside the vehicles

zAimC   = 231 MB              + few other vehicles (1 unarmed armoured, 1 helicopter unarmed)

zAimCH  = 364 MB             + few more vechicles (4 helicopters, one boat, one amphibian unarmed armoured)

Edited by SapioiT

*Bump* Do you think there should be added more mods? List them here!

*Bump* Too bad noone else likes this idea...

Edited by SapioiT

Nah its a good idea in general. I think so because atm vehicle passengers are trapped sitting ducks, and that's not very realistic.

But I would probably separate between two kinds of "seats"... ones that work with primary weapons (oven vehicles, heli skids, back of atv/motorcycle)

and ones that only work with sidearms (closed vehicles).

Otherwise it'll just be stationary vodnik-sniperfortresses and triple-M240-drivebys.

I am wondering, with all that mods in your list, would it still be DayZ+shoot-as-passenger or more like a whole new mod like Overwatch that exclusively got shoot-as-passenger?

I personally would rather see only the basic idea of this thread implemented, no additional stuff besides that.

Plus it sounds like a ton of work, that. Will you be able to shoot 360°? Can you accidentally shoot other passengers? Is the vehicle window influencing this?

But DayZ as-is but with the possibilty to shoot out of vehicles in a realistic manner - why not.

Nah its a good idea in general. I think so because atm vehicle passengers are trapped sitting ducks, and that's not very realistic.

But I would probably separate between two kinds of "seats"... ones that work with primary weapons (oven vehicles, heli skids, back of atv/motorcycle)

and ones that only work with sidearms (closed vehicles).

Otherwise it'll just be stationary vodnik-sniperfortresses and triple-M240-drivebys.

I am wondering, with all that mods in your list, would it still be DayZ+shoot-as-passenger or more like a whole new mod like Overwatch that exclusively got shoot-as-passenger?

I personally would rather see only the basic idea of this thread implemented, no additional stuff besides that.

Plus it sounds like a ton of work, that. Will you be able to shoot 360°? Can you accidentally shoot other passengers? Is the vehicle window influencing this?

But DayZ as-is but with the possibilty to shoot out of vehicles in a realistic manner - why not.

I think it would still be DayZ Epoch with the option to shoot as passengers, but also with few new vehicles, because the default ones are not enough for a civilian feeling. Unfortunately, I couldn't find more vehicle mods with more civilian vehicles without being basicly the same vehicle retextured.