kgozi

Popular spots in game?

i recently took  a few months break from dayz. The time i quit the most popular areas were eltro  ( generallt south) ive now started playing again on 40/40 man servers and i struggle to even see one person.

what would you all say is the most popular city atm in dayz stadalone?

In the latest patch you can spawn along the south and east coast so the player-base is pretty spread out now. The couple times that I spawned on the south coast I met people in Cherno and Elektro. I would say that the popular areas are Elektro, Cherno, and Berezino.

elektro is a pretty safe bet. usually not insanely geared players running around there, but there's always something happening on populated servers

If you want normal interaction try:

1. Elektro
  2. Berezino
  3. Svetlo

If you want high risk interaction try:

1. NWAF
  2. Balota

I know for a while the northern spawns forced people to Novo but I don't see that as retaining popularity because of it's distance from the coast. The costal cities are likely to always be the highest likelihood for interaction (and the biggest military locations). If you want to avoid conflict head inland to any number of other cities, small bases, heli crash sites, etc.

Edited by Death By Crowbar

• NWAF
  • Balota

Is this true post-Balota nerf?

I found that there are a whole lot of people in the new northern cities like Novo and Severograd (fun fact: it literally means northern city)

If you want normal interaction try:

1. Elektro
  2. Berezino
  3. Svetlo

1. NWAF
  2. Balota

I know for a while the northern spawns forced people to Novo but I don't see that as retaining popularity because of it's distance from the coast. The costal cities are likely to always be the highest likelihood for interaction (and the biggest military locations). If you want to avoid conflict head inland to any number of other cities, small bases, heli crash sites, etc.

Good advice! I still regularly run into people near the factory between Solnichniy and Nizhnoye as well.

Sort of, yes. Not in the way that it was previously. It would seem there are still some people who enjoy hanging around that area for one reason or another; perhaps due to it being relatively nearby to the westernmost spawn point (Chernogorsk). Old habits die hard.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

People are stupid and go where they're familiar. I'm finding it true when I run through.

• Like 2

People are stupid and go where they're familiar. I'm finding it true when I run through.

Sorry what?

Stupid people go to the places where... you go?

• Like 3

Sorry what?

Stupid people go to the places where... you go?

Context, context, context. He said "run through" meaning he doesn't spend a lot of time hanging out there. This thread is about where people stay for a while.

I myself am partial to the NWAF, Barracks north of Veresnik, and Novo. Fun fact about me. I hate Cherno and Elektro with a passion.

Is anyone going to the new tent city in the west?  I assume this is the moved Balota, right?

I went there once, found no one there (and very little loot) but noticed that the surrounding hills will make this a potential blood bath area.  May be just as much fun rooting snipers out as it is to try your luck at the tents :)

I've been chilling around Vybor, I see a lot of people hang around there. It's a nice mix of fresh spawns and uber-geared military people. Great for bandit fun. It's small so it's easy to tell if anyone's in the area. Often see people in the Northern cities, even on lower-pop servers. I used to hang out in Electro and Cherno often but would rarely see players.

I myself am partial to the NWAF, Barracks north of Veresnik, and Novo. Fun fact about me. I hate Cherno and Elektro with a passion.

Heh.  I've probably fallen victim to your bullets then.  My haunts as well typically, though lately I've been looking for action on the south coast.  I see light to moderate numbers of people in Cherno and Elektro- a fair amount of fresh spawns are part of that.

Heh.  I've probably fallen victim to your bullets then.  My haunts as well typically, though lately I've been looking for action on the south coast.  I see light to moderate numbers of people in Cherno and Elektro- a fair amount of fresh spawns are part of that.

I doubt it. I'm not a shoot on sight kind of guy.