stielhandgranate

Surplus Wehrmacht uniforms/helmets

Will be fun to see nazi clans organizing forced labor camps of freshrespawns, or maybe march over some big city main streat playing this

Or we can have Clans roleplay as invading Chileans playing Panzerlied:

Nothing like patrolling the streets dressed like a nazi. This game would probably be banned in Germany though, they're pretty hardcore about censoring free speech and policing opinions there. Idk why there would be nazi uniforms in East Europe. Maybe there could be a museum you can loot in Elektro

This game would probably be banned in Germany though

Germany's censorship laws have relaxed a bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_of_Force_%28Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series%29#German_broadcast_history

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/3r0t1c+n3rd/world-war-2-shooters-in-germany-yes-there-are--69851.phtml

As stated any controversial iconography can be blurred out to the point of non recognition.

Germany's censorship laws have relaxed a bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_of_Force_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)#German_broadcast_history

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/3r0t1c+n3rd/world-war-2-shooters-in-germany-yes-there-are--69851.phtml

As stated any controversial iconography can be blurred out to the point of non recognition.

Thats good news

I don't want to see any german stuff in this game. Neither weapons, nor clothing/uniforms. :wacko:

P1 should be removed as well.

My opinion.

I don't want to see any german stuff in this game. Neither weapons, nor clothing/uniforms. :wacko:

My opinion.

Okay, no MP5, no 9x19mm as that's german, so say bye to all guns that use that particular caliber,  Pretty sure the Steyr AUG is German, or Austrian which is probably close enough for you to consider german.  That also gets rid of the G3.

EDIT Oh, also no diesel fuel, so no V3S or Ural, or anything else that runs on that particular fuel.  Not to mention all the locomotives need to be removed.  There's probably about a hundred other things that need to be removed, including a few books.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 2

My opinion.

Why?

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

My opinion.

I don't want to see any stuff in this game. Neither weapons, nor clothing/uniforms. :wacko:

Everything should be removed as well.

My opinion.

• Like 3

I think we should support Nazis as little as possible.  Other than that, old uniforms/camo ideas are cool.

I'm not quite sure how you'd be "supporting Nazis"

You wouldn't even need to include the swastika; you could simply feature the standard gray uniforms with the iron cross. Most people probably wouldn't end up offended by that (considering it's still a symbol Germany uses today)

You can find tons of old Wehrmacht stuff on markets in russia today. But thats usually for the tourists.

My grandparents fought in WW2 and they said there was nothing to be proud of. They told me stories about russian villages their units mowed down with Flak or Stuka attacks on refugee tracks.

Nothing that makes me want to do a Wehrmacht cosplay.

• Like 2

You can find tons of old Wehrmacht stuff on markets in russia today. But thats usually for the tourists.

My grandparents fought in WW2 and they said there was nothing to be proud of. They told me stories about russian villages their units mowed down with Flak or Stuka attacks on refugee tracks.

Nothing that makes me want to do a Wehrmacht cosplay.

If thats your reason, then you shoudn't wear any army outfit you know. For instance russian and american army also did a shitload of atrocities, the army is in itself an atrocity imo.

I also think its realistic, I mean, if an apocalipse happened, there would be nazi groups lol. There are aways fucking nazis to be hunted. I would love to hunt nazis in DayZ with a russian WWII uniform lol

If thats your reason, then you shoudn't wear any army outfit you know. For instance russian and american army also did a shitload of atrocities, the army is in itself an atrocity imo.

I also think its realistic, I mean, if an apocalipse happened, there would be nazi groups lol. There are aways fucking nazis to be hunted. I would love to hunt nazis in DayZ with a russian WWII uniform lol

Ok... apocalipse happened in dayz, but I don't think that should be a reason for SS divisions to pop out of the ground in the middle of russia. If someone wants to make a Nazis vs. Powerpuff girls mod in the future - mkay, but not for the standalone please.

• Like 2

Why?

I think developers should focus to keep up an authentic setting if this game takes place in a fictional russian country. (@ trolls: I am aware 'zombies' (infected) are not real/authentic :facepalm:  but they are part of the storyline.)

Adding every kind of weapon/uniform we can imagine to the game would not really make this game better or more fun to play.

Of course there are collectors/museums/idiots owning Wehrmacht uniforms or weapons all over the world. Not just in germany or in russia. But is this really a reason to introduce typical german WW2 stuff to the game on a regular base? Or western type weapons/equipment?

I do not think so.

If 'there are collectors/museums in every country' is your rationale for introducing these items to the game you could add everything. From lightsabre replicas over ewok costumes to a ninja suit.

Having these uniforms added to the game would probably just lead to groups of iditiots, dressing up like german WW2 soldiers shouting 'Sieg Heil' or any other bullshit and being just an annoying pain in the neck.

It would be something else to me if the story includes these items OR if developers would add these uniforms/weapons as a kind of unique set item if you want your 'collectors/museums' argument being taken seriously.

With saying unique set item I really mean unique. Not having the names written in golden or green letters and being able to be found all over the world like in Diablo but being really unique.

These kind of items spawn just ONE time on a random server. If they are ruined and decayed from the map there will spawn another item of this type on ONE random server.

For all I care make them spawn 5-10 times on different random servers but then they wouldn't be unique any longer but extremely rare. Would still be okay for me but please do not make them spawn on a regular base.

Of course there are collectors/museums/idiots owning Wehrmacht uniforms or weapons all over the world.

I sense a horrible bias. Would I be an idiot for owning some old Russian military clothing and a mosin? Is this idiocy reserved only for people who have an interest in the Wehrmacht?

Nearly every person against having Wehrmacht clothing thinks people who'd wear it ingame will run around screaming "Hitler did nothing wrong!" and "Sieg heil!".

I think you're overestimating the number of people that'd do that. I haven't heard anyone say anything in the game other than "I'm friendly!" and some nasty names when they shoot me or are shot by me.

• Like 1

I think developers should focus to keep up an authentic setting if this game takes place in a fictional russian country.

The game isn't in Russia and is based in several European Countries.

Of course there are collectors/museums/idiots owning Wehrmacht uniforms or weapons all over the world. Not just in germany or in russia. But is this really a reason to introduce typical german WW2 stuff to the game on a regular base? Or western type weapons/equipment? I do not think so.

The M1 Garand would like to have a word with you. Or the Cowboy hat and Lever action rifle as it doesn't fill the trope of "Eastern European Country"

Having these uniforms added to the game would probably just lead to groups of iditiots, dressing up like german WW2 soldiers shouting 'Sieg Heil' or any other bullshit and being just an annoying pain in the neck.

I forgot we need to consider "what idiots" would do when adding in game items or weapons.

• Like 1

I think developers should focus to keep up an authentic setting if this game takes place in a fictional russian country. (@ trolls: I am aware 'zombies' (infected) are not real/authentic :facepalm:  but they are part of the storyline.)

Adding every kind of weapon/uniform we can imagine to the game would not really make this game better or more fun to play.

Of course there are collectors/museums/idiots owning Wehrmacht uniforms or weapons all over the world. Not just in germany or in russia. But is this really a reason to introduce typical german WW2 stuff to the game on a regular base? Or western type weapons/equipment?

I do not think so.

If 'there are collectors/museums in every country' is your rationale for introducing these items to the game you could add everything. From lightsabre replicas over ewok costumes to a ninja suit.

It would be something else to me if the story includes these items OR if developers would add these uniforms/weapons as a kind of unique set item if you want your 'collectors/museums' argument being taken seriously.

With saying unique set item I really mean unique. Not having the names written in golden or green letters and being able to be found all over the world like in Diablo but being really unique.

These kind of items spawn just ONE time on a random server. If they are ruined and decayed from the map there will spawn another item of this type on ONE random server.

For all I care make them spawn 5-10 times on different random servers but then they wouldn't be unique any longer but extremely rare. Would still be okay for me but please do not make them spawn on a regular base.

Yeah I'm all for it to be rare too. We can have one or two old rare things like this, maybe even some medieval stuff, who knows. Imo this just adds depth to the game since it allows more roleplay alternatives, and this plays a ruge role in dayz. And, it would be realistic, to an extent, to have such things imo.

Edited by Avant-Garde

I'd love to see this type of stuff in game; I can definitely see how some of it would provide a great advantage to the player.

Edited by FR4NCH3K

No good reason to add Nazi uniforms and plenty not to. If you want them, get modding.

i could see a few items from ze germans of WW2 for the simple fact that some soldiers took things as trophies such as a high ranking officers medal his sword or his luger maybe even a flag they took down after a battle. I could see these items as being rare and also a good reason to have folks throw bullets your way but hell why not eh.

No good reason to add Nazi uniforms and plenty not to. If you want them, get modding.

An SS dress uniform wouldn't be of any use of course.

FallschirmjagerSplinterParkaBack.jpg

and Panzergrenadier parkasIMGP3220.JPG

They'd be nice uniforms to add in as some rain clothing similar to how we have Gorka parkas as waterproof ingame.

If you're saying every German in the Wehrmact was a Nazi I suppose everyone is allowed to have incorrect opinions.

Even if we say there would be too few uniforms around we could find the odd American Woodland pattern floating around since so many countries all over have used it, or variations on the German Flecktarn and any country's variations on it could also have found it's way to some homes in Chernarus.

They'd be nice uniforms to add in as some rain clothing similar to how we have Gorka parkas as waterproof ingame.

The Gorkas actually make sense being there. In WW2 fighter sims I'm for adding the missing swastikas on German (and Finnish) planes, they belong. What's the point of adding some 70-year-old German uniforms to DayZ?

• Like 3

The Gorkas actually make sense being there. In WW2 fighter sims I'm for adding the missing swastikas on German (and Finnish) planes, they belong. What's the point of adding some 70-year-old German uniforms to DayZ?

Next to none... except for maybe Stahlhelms, they could be added as people were far more likely to hold onto them.

Though honestly a few basic firearms are as far as I'd take it (nothing unreasonable like the FG-42 or Panzerfausts) - handguns (PP/PPK and C96 come to mind - P38 would just be a reskin of the P1 and a Luger would be pointless being that it'd have no noticeable performance difference in a game.), a Gewehr 98 or KAR-98, and maybe an MP-type submachine-gun (I love the MP18 and MP34 but the MP40 would be the most realistic of them.)

I don't get why some people think you can just find MG-34s/MG-42s and G43s around - you really can't. Any superfluous military equipment like that would've been seized by the Soviets - the only reason you still see pistols and basic rifles around is because they were of far less interest than better military equipment. Hell, even guns like the PPSh-41 or SVT-40 only exist around in comparatively small-ish numbers.

I don't think a complete WW2 era uniform would be very realistic, wouldn't have a massive problem with the helmet though: 

bo3.jpg

Russian infantry during the second Chechen war.

"Sharoborina pushed to the side sitting next to soldiers - Look, a fighter who is this fascist come with you? Sasha laughed: - This is my chief of artillery. Nazi helmet took in battle in the First War, and he had as a mascot. As the battle to go as he puts it, and no it does not take a bullet. - The soldiers laughed, looking at the officer, taking the laughter and smiles of his inner tension."

A Soviet uniform from the Afghan war would suit the setting better and might placate those wanting old fashioned military gear.

Variety is a nice thing to have. I'm no collector and I have some American camouflage, some East German things, some Russian stuff from Afghanistan during the Soviet-Afghan war among other neat items. I live in Canada, strange and neat things travel to different places.

If we count something out because "oh, it doesn't belong", then we shouldn't have foreign weapons and equipment, foreign camo, autodarkening welding helmets instead of standard ones (that one bothers me). You can say "Oh, but those ones came in because X", but then why not older equipment and clothing from other areas then too?