stielhandgranate

Surplus Wehrmacht uniforms/helmets

Images again of some reenactments in Czech Republic. Really hate double posting like this, but I thought I'd share some of the impressive images of reenactors with their kit.

eDLRIeT.jpg

OSbGxLA.jpg

pk7U69K.jpg

A point of interest is that Czech Republic seems to have more friendly laws than the United States regarding the ownership of automatic weapons, leading to a significant amount of WW2 era machine guns like the MG42 in civilian hands.

So jealous...

No wonder Bohemia has made such accurate models of military hardware and weapons. They have access to the damned things!

Edited by Max Planck

So jealous...

No wonder Bohemia has made such accurate models of military hardware and weapons. They have access to the damned things!

Tell me about it. Breaks my heart knowing I'll never own a select fire M4 or automatic belt fed machinegun.

There is no reason it couldnt be a kind of easter egg item.. just the plain grey german uniform top we all know.. but some those other autumn colours look great too :D

There is no reason it couldnt be a kind of easter egg item.. just the plain grey german uniform top we all know.. but some those other autumn colours look great too :D

We could also have the white winter uniforms that the lucky guys got issued on the Eastern Front as an even rarer item.

Probably pretty poor at camouflage, unless a seasonal system is added. Then it'd be good for winters.

Edited by Askelon

in fairness to the OP, it is viable. Surely there would be fancy dress shops/museums? not that I think this is an important issue yet, there's a wide variety of clothing already, just saying :)

Can we have some Nazi zombies mayhaps?

actually, a war museum maybe just in a big city/cites would make sense for a place to gear up the more I think about it. Uniforms, weapons even cooking equipment and ration packs. Doesn't have to be just WWII, could be Balkan too?

If they add Wehrmacht uniforms, they absolutely need these as a complement;

350px-P08Luger1917.jpg

400px-C96MauserRed9.jpg

350px-PPKNazi1.jpg

9x19mm Luger P08, 9x19mm Mauser C96 'Red 9', and a .380 Walther PPK (No P38 because we have the nearly identical P1)

Maybe some of these to go along with em'

400px-MP40.jpg

500px-Mp34.jpg

9x19mm MP-40 & Steyr MP-34

Also wouldn't mind an MG-3, the post-war 7.62x51mm variant of the MG-42

400px-MG_3.jpg

Der Heimat so fern,
Dem Feinde so nah,
Das Schicksal eines Soldaten!

Dem Tode trotzend,
ziehen wir ins Gefecht,
wo Ruhm und Ehre uns erwarten!

I think they talked about possibly adding the Red 9 recently.

Chris has a model of it, he'd been discussing whether it would be beneficial/realistic to add it since the 7.63x25mm Mausers were the most common and even those are pretty rare nowadays.

Of course I say why not, as it's another gun to add to the arsenal (plus Mausers are awesome), but we definitely aren't in need of any more pistols any time soon.

I am sure there are many collector items one can come up with, but unless they are notable or add something in anyway, I don't see any reason why they should be include over the others.. realistically a sexy playboy costumes and a dildos would be a far more likelly item to be found hiding in the closet...

The only reason I can think a Wehrmacht uniform might be useful is if someone make ww2 mod.

Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

Der Heimat so fern,

Dem Feinde so nah,

Das Schicksal eines Soldaten!

Dem Tode trotzend,

ziehen wir ins Gefecht,

wo Ruhm und Ehre uns erwarten!

Someone likes Sam Hulicks Red Orchestra 2 Soundtrack. I found his Mass Effect 3 work much better than his attempts on world war era neoclassicism.

i am decidedly against any ww2 uniforms.

Edited by e47

The only reason I can think a Wehrmacht uniform might be useful

The developers aren't restricting items based on their usefulness. The idea isn't "what items can we include to up the metagame". There has to be items and equipment that are used due to lack of alternatives.

The developers aren't restricting items based on their usefulness. The idea isn't "what items can we include to up the metagame".

I don't recall using the word useful, notable was the term I used and I am not sure how my examples can be construed as metagaming items...

There has to be items and equipment that are used due to lack of alternatives.

Yes and there hundreds of items that are far more notable then this..

Even the Ukrainian nazis trying to crush the rebellion don't use those nazi uniforms, even though they have quite a lot at home.

Will be fun to see nazi clans organizing forced labor camps of freshrespawns, or maybe march over some big city main streat playing this

I would really like to see some Russian or German ww2 uniforms.

Hopefully when storage containers work we can go in attics, open a box and have a good chance at finding something old like a German uniform and a C96.

Things people might have picked up in the war, or kept.

• Like 2

Tell me about it. Breaks my heart knowing I'll never own a select fire M4 or automatic belt fed machinegun.

You can never really own an actual, authentic M4. However, if you've got the money and time, you could certainly make a legal gun that uses a pre-86 automatic AR-15 receiver and all other M4-type parts. It won't be a true M4 but you'll get the same experience.

As for belt-fed machineguns; they do exist on the civilian market, they're just hella expensive (like any legal select-fire weapons)

However, yes, it is true that most of us will probably never get the chance to own an actual M4 or get the funds to purchase old machineguns.

The drop chance should be really low on this.

Actually, you could add a museum building that contains this AND other sorts of old historic gear in various condition.

I think we should support Nazis as little as possible.  Other than that, old uniforms/camo ideas are cool.