stielhandgranate

Surplus Wehrmacht uniforms/helmets

In farms and houses I think trophy uniforms and Equipment from WW2 would be a neat addition. In wartime, people tend to collect stuff like that so it isn't too far fetched to see in in someone's residence and bandit clans could use them as uniforms, much like the current use with clown masks and gasmasks. As for any markings that could be considered controversial, they could be rendered blurry.

frontback_zpsa37ea3df.jpg

There could also be camo versions as well, some patterns which, look like they inspired the gorka patterns. German stahlhelms were also given similar matching helmet covers.

ct13010.jpg

i571-GERMAN-WWII-M42-PLAINTREE-CAMO-SMOC

waffen_ss_platanenmuster_camo_by_tiisiph

Edited by Dale Gribble
  • Like 7

Having dated uniforms would be neat. Throw in some Russian and Czech uniforms too.

• Like 4

Having dated uniforms would be neat. Throw in some Russian and Czech uniforms too.

I think the dated Soviet surplus uniform hat might hint at further milsurp uniforms. So I think these would be a great counterpart.

Edited by Dale Gribble
  • Like 5

hc38001.jpg

Here is an example of a German Camo cover. Interesting how the Spetsnaz gorka camo patterns seem to be a copy of German late war patterns.

• Like 1

Would clothing that old still be viable?  I mean if it was in storage it might, but since we can't root around in boxes and such (yet) would we really find Nazi Memorabilia (or more likely to avoid German laws Wehrmacht stuff sans swastikas) just lying around the homes of Chenarus?  I mean a gun is one thing, you can use a nazi's gun for anything.  A nazi uniform you can pretty much only use for dress-up.

• Like 1

Would clothing that old still be viable?  I mean if it was in storage it might, but since we can't root around in boxes and such (yet) would we really find Nazi Memorabilia (or more likely to avoid German laws Wehrmacht stuff sans swastikas) just lying around the homes of Chenarus?  I mean a gun is one thing, you can use a nazi's gun for anything.  A nazi uniform you can pretty much only use for dress-up.

Surely you're not implying that every Wehrmacht soldier was a Nazi?

Also panzergrenadier and fallschirmjäger patterns looked great.

Surely you're not implying that every Wehrmacht soldier was a Nazi?

Also panzergrenadier and fallschirmjäger patterns looked great.

Not at all, though when the layman sees the 'generic' German soldier from that era the automatic response is 'omg nazi'.  Some believed in the 'cause', others did not.

My main point was that with the hostility the Soviets (and their modern day equivalents) have towards Nazis, why would they keep a bunch of their uniforms around unless it was really cold or they were out of dish rags or toilet paper?  And that aside this would be a (mostly) cosmetic item.  I can't imagine that these would be that much warmer, that grey would kinda stick out like a sore thumb.  The camo does sort of look cool but would you take an old, moth eaten uniform that probably has bloodstains and a knife hole where the heart would be over earth tone civi clothing or modern military camo unless your doing roleplay?

• Like 1

Hello dears.

I've removed some off-topic discussion in this thread, as well as the troll who caused it.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 5

As cool as it would be to have stuff like this in game you just wouldn't find WWII German stuff in a former soviet republic IMHO other then guns and flags and other little things with how much they hate Nazi/Fascist stuff in eastern Europe but it would be really awesome once mod-ing tools are released to make a WWII version of Dayz    

The camo does sort of look cool but would you take an old, moth eaten uniform that probably has bloodstains and a knife hole where the heart would be over earth tone civi clothing or modern military camo unless your doing roleplay?

You're saying it like there's a nice big shelf of goodies that we can walk up and down and grab whatever we want from a large selection.

Why would you take a handgun or an SKS over an AK? Of course you can just run into a barracks and have a gorka suit in no time at all. Selection and variety is bad. Nobody wants new things.

There would be times I'd gladly take a panzergrenadier uniform solely because I like the looks.

• Like 1

Not at all, though when the layman sees the 'generic' German soldier from that era the automatic response is 'omg nazi'.  Some believed in the 'cause', others did not.

My main point was that with the hostility the Soviets (and their modern day equivalents) have towards Nazis, why would they keep a bunch of their uniforms around unless it was really cold or they were out of dish rags or toilet paper?  And that aside this would be a (mostly) cosmetic item.  I can't imagine that these would be that much warmer, that grey would kinda stick out like a sore thumb.  The camo does sort of look cool but would you take an old, moth eaten uniform that probably has bloodstains and a knife hole where the heart would be over earth tone civi clothing or modern military camo unless your doing roleplay?

The Soviet Union is long gone, yet you still see Soviet uniforms and equipment at places that had a less than positive relationship with them. Also dispute what they may think of your enemy, it is a common to see soldiers take items such as uniforms and helmets as souvenirs, with non damaged examples such as jackets,helmets, and weapons being valued for war loot. In the US it is common to see such items from Germany and Japan for sale at gun shows from collectors who inherited such items.  Lastly repliecas are common with reenactment groups Europe such as Second Battle Group, who played as Germans in the movie Saving Private Ryan. T

Good point!  They are not viable because there are no mountains of Nazi Uniforms that one could call Surplus. And we are talking about a span of nearly 70 years since the last copies of those were made. And if one studies their performance in cold weather (most notably Stalingrad) one will discover that they were vastly inferior at keeping Mr. Hypothermia at bay  when compared to the Russian uniforms of the time. And one other thing is a characteristic of old uniforms Dry Rot.

There should be some rugged Gor-Tex civilian Jackets and trousers that have a few more pockets than the civ stuff does now and those need not be found only in bright clown colors. Other than that the clothing that is available now is just about right. 

I'm not sure that this ins't supposed to be a dress up game.

Have some Beans  :beans:

Here is what I want (NOT)

Marine_armour_concepts_by_BenWootten.jpg

Edited by Xbow

I'm not sure that this ins't supposed to be a dress up game.

Have some Beans  :beans:

Here is what I want (NOT)

Marine_armour_concepts_by_BenWootten.jpg

You're making me want to be a Space Marine ingame instead of wanting more uniforms and clothing implimented.

All i can think about is a bunch of bandits in full Wermacht kit running door to door in Cherno screaming "WHERE IS ZE JUDEN" in thick german accents

Please make this happen Dean.

(p.s pls mods no warnings i am of jewish descent myself i only wish to bring smiles and laughter to all)

Edited by AnyoneInCherno?
  • Like 2

You're making me want to be a Space Marine in game instead of wanting more uniforms and clothing implimented.

They will get around to making more uniforms in time but the real problem is the limited selection of serviceable civilian outdoor clothing and the fact that we can be running while dressed in pristine: Gorka Jacket, Gorka Trousers, Balaclava, Radar cap and gloves and still be freezing and heading towards hypothermia.    

They will get around to making more uniforms in time but the real problem is the limited selection of serviceable civilian outdoor clothing and the fact that we can be running while dressed in pristine: Gorka Jacket, Gorka Trousers, Balaclava, Radar cap and gloves and still be freezing and heading towards hypothermia.    

They could add the old uniforms and then when you freeze because of how the game works like that they can say "working as intended". :3

They could add the old uniforms and then when you freeze because of how the game works like that they can say "working as intended". :3

I think we are freezing because of something isn't working as intended in the game which is OK since the game is in mid AlPHA. However it wont be OK if we start dying of Bronchitis and Pneumonia when we have no way of of protecting ourselves against the cold with respect to clothing. Today I was running around the map looking for crashed choppers and despite my top or the line clothing I got to the shaking stage stage. Knowing that Hypothermia would be next I pulled into a shack broke out my fireplace kit, lit it up and got warmed up and then got stuffed on hog meat. When I continued my mission I was back to being cold very quickly so I found cover and checked out.What a pain in the ass. 

Edited by Xbow

All i can think about is a bunch of bandits in full Wermacht kit running door to door in Cherno screaming "WHERE IS ZE JUDEN" in thick german accents

Please make this happen Dean.

(p.s pls mods no warnings i am of jewish descent myself i only wish to bring smiles and laughter to all)

Sorry man your jest isn't funny and happens to be in particularly bad taste...and I am agnostic to the bone.

You're saying it like there's a nice big shelf of goodies that we can walk up and down and grab whatever we want from a large selection.

Why would you take a handgun or an SKS over an AK? Of course you can just run into a barracks and have a gorka suit in no time at all. Selection and variety is bad. Nobody wants new things.

There would be times I'd gladly take a panzergrenadier uniform solely because I like the looks.

Well...technically speaking it's the end of the world, and I've got an arm full of fake rolexes, which I will probably dump after I get tired of lugging those rolexes around..  Right now we've only got a handful of what I think are the intended items they want to add.

Personally I believe in trigger discipline and would rather have a semi auto than a barely controllable spray and pray.  Old uniforms are nice and all but considering the loot system as it is now we'd be finding Wehrmacht unis in train stations and delis rather than in an attic next to Grandpa Sergei's pickled Nazi head with his bayonet still stuck in the eye socket.

The Soviet Union is long gone, yet you still see Soviet uniforms and equipment at places that had a less than positive relationship with them. Also dispute what they may think of your enemy, it is a common to see soldiers take items such as uniforms and helmets as souvenirs, with non damaged examples such as jackets,helmets, and weapons being valued for war loot. In the US it is common to see such items from Germany and Japan for sale at gun shows from collectors who inherited such items.  Lastly repliecas are common with reenactment groups Europe such as Second Battle Group, who played as Germans in the movie Saving Private Ryan. T

Most of that is either memorabilia or it would simply not be cost effective to make 'new' uniforms/equipment to simply not be like the Soviets.  You just rip off the flag patches and insignia and sew on new ones (if you're an army, not a collector).  Now if there was a movie set or studio of some kind, I could see these replicas spawn in there.  But this is a gripe i have mostly with the 'logic' of the loot system and the realistic condition most of the war trophies and non replicas would be in.

-snip-

That's something I'm afraid of too.  But trolls will be trolls regardless of what uniform they wear.

All in all I'd have to say WW2 (non Soviet) military uniforms should wait for a WW2 SA mod.  And I will probably have this mod when it comes out.

Personally I believe in trigger discipline and would rather have a semi auto than a barely controllable spray and pray.

There is literally no reason not to use an AKM as long as you have at least one magazine for it as opposed to an SKS other than "lol got sks gonna go innawoods".

And about people putting on a German accent and making Jew jokes, that's not any worse than anything else I've seen in the game. People running around as a black character screaming "WORLD STAR! WORLD STAR!" as they fistfight people, all these stories of people stripping characters and forcefeeding them things, the countless things people have said when either I or them are about to die in a firefight...

• Like 2

Here is a reenactment taking place in Norway. Buddy feeding off of another's chest rig? Make it happen devs.

tumblr_m34d5zeZJT1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

Oh and here are some German Reenactors, In Russia.

171585227.jpg

Well...technically speaking it's the end of the world, and I've got an arm full of fake rolexes, which I will probably dump after I get tired of lugging those rolexes around..  Right now we've only got a handful of what I think are the intended items they want to add.

Personally I believe in trigger discipline and would rather have a semi auto than a barely controllable spray and pray.  Old uniforms are nice and all but considering the loot system as it is now we'd be finding Wehrmacht unis in train stations and delis rather than in an attic next to Grandpa Sergei's pickled Nazi head with his bayonet still stuck in the eye socket.

That's something I'm afraid of too.  But trolls will be trolls regardless of what uniform they wear.

Some good points. I like the thought of someone looting a house with all other useful items pilfered and having to take something as old or tacky as a mulsurp uniform due to lack of options. Then something like in the end of the movie "The Pianist" where the main character almost gets killed by a Soviet patrol because he is wearing a German coat can happen as a game experience.

• Like 1

Bumping my thread with a piece of unusual, yet surprisingly affordable milsurp:

1907.jpeg

For the price of a new sports car you can be the owner of a fully operational half track (although not a authentic SdKfz. 251, but a post WW2 Czech copy). Such examples are popular with collectors,reenactor guilds and film sudios.

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/armoured-vehicles-4/ot-810-90#currency=USD

Imagine a world where a clan of bandits roplaying as moon nazis engage a rival group in full Gorka suits as the Gorka faction bring up a DsKM equipped BTR-40 to counter a MG3 equipped OT-810.

I'd rather have Russian WW2 uniforms, as funnily enough, they are vastly superior for cold weather environments. That, and I can pretend to be a Commissar and raise morale/execute cowards in defense of Uncle Joe.

Besides, it makes way more sense.

Images again of some reenactments in Czech Republic. Really hate double posting like this, but I thought I'd share some of the impressive images of reenactors with their kit.

eDLRIeT.jpg

OSbGxLA.jpg

pk7U69K.jpg

A point of interest is that Czech Republic seems to have more friendly laws than the United States regarding the ownership of automatic weapons, leading to a significant amount of WW2 era machine guns like the MG42 in civilian hands.

I'd rather have Russian WW2 uniforms, as funnily enough, they are vastly superior for cold weather environments. That, and I can pretend to be a Commissar and raise morale/execute cowards in defense of Uncle Joe.

Besides, it makes way more sense.

We already have cowboy themed gear, and I really don't see a reason we can't have both Wehrnacht and Soviet uniforms. I would bank on the Soviet Officer cap being an indication that there are plans to implement older gear from the Soviet era.