agentstaple

Unrepairable vehicles to spawn salvagable loot.

My suggestions is inspired by two videos by brian hicks. He said that he would like to see no more than 10 vehicles per server. And a lot of people don't agree with that, they would rather see 50-100 vehicles per server but only enough resources to fix 10-20 of them. Brain has addressed this saying 

>

You have to be very consciences when you approach something like that to consider how the players will meta game it. If the vehicles are everywhere and the items spawn in limited quantity, you are going to see people who are going to look for methods to exploit the system and meta game it, whether that be server hopping empty servers for parts, figuring out ways to duplicate the item etc.

Moving it to a controlled low spawn separate system from loot and something that CANNOT transfer between servers controls that experience significantly better than having it be common vehicles and rare items because items by design transfer across servers.

So this is my suggestion to satisfy both sides and imo, greatly improve the feel of the world.

--------------

Two types of vehicles. Drivable - Non drivable.

Drivable vehicles would be rare, no more than 10 per server and they would often spawn damaged. Just as vehicles always have.

Non drivable vehicles would be more common, much more common 50-100 per server but they would be in such a state that they could never be repaired. Some of the conditions these vehicles would be found in are -

Completely totaled on a building or into a tree at the side of a road - anywhere

Burnt                                                                                                 - anywhere

Shot up by military                                                                            - near military bases

Full of dead zombies and rotting flesh                                              - mostly in cities

Rusting to pieces                                                                              - near the coast or in the woods

Each type of wreck could spawn different loot. You couldn't take tires from a burnt car but you might salvage an engine part. You couldn't take windows from a shot up car but you might get one from a car full of dead zombies/rotting flesh. They could also spawn regular loot of all kinds. A totalled car at the side of the road might have a corpse in the front seat and some gear in the boot for example.

To even further dilute the amount of parts you could make it so you need specific car parts for different cars, you couldn't take a wheel from a bus and put it on your hatch back for example.

-----------

Spawning - There are three ways I see for vehicles to spawn.

1. The same way helicopters do. I like this because it means the loot is never in the same place. Though it would mean that crash sites and vehicles change which would seem odd.

2. Static. All vehicles spawn in the same place but scavenging parts is difficult. Low spawn rate and high demand. Each time the server restarts 25% of the vehicles could spawn parts (or something to that effect)

3. A mix of both systems, 50 static vehicles and 10 or 20 random spawns that will have fresh loot making it more difficult to farm them.

Vehicle parts would have to be specific to each server as Hicks said.

----------

I think that fixing a vehicle shouldn't be something you can do in a day, you should be salveging parts from different cars all over the place and stashing them away in caches, hiding spots and tents.

What do you guys think?

I apologize for any formatting mistakes, I'll try fix them if/when they pop up, haven't used forums in a long time

Edited by Agentstapler
  • Like 1