tehflapjack

Extra Clothing Conditions and Zombie Loot

So I had an idea of a new clothing conditions (ie. an extra thing to worry about other than clothing being pristine or not) and the loot on zombies + what I think you should find on them.

{Extra Clothing Conditions}:

(Obviously, these are just place holder names which I did not put much thought into)

Dirt:

Mildly Dirty

Moderately Dirty

Extremely Dirty

Filthy

Stained with Dirt

Blood (+Infected Blood):

Mildly Bloody

Moderately Bloody

Extremely Bloody

Drenched in Blood

Stained with Blood

The "Dirty" condition would be something you would gain from rolling on the ground, it would also be possible to become dirty from just general traveling however it would take significantly longer. This could be a good and a bad thing, it would help camouflage which is why I think it would also be good if you could take off your shirt for example and they'd be an animation for covering it in dirt, but also it would slowly damage your clothing over time.

The "Bloody" condition would be something you would gain from close quarter combat and getting shot/hit. It would be possible to get blood on your clothes from the splatter of either shooting someone in close proximity or hitting a player with a melee weapon. I also think this should apply to weapons. You would also be able to gain the "Bloody" condition by being shot or hit, how bloody depending on how much you are wounded and how long it took you before you attended your wounds. You would also be able to get a slightly different type of blood, infected blood. This would be gained by either shooting a zombie in close quarters, hitting one or getting hit by one however getting hit by one would have a considerably smaller chance of it happening from. This would also make you infected if you did not attend to it quick enough which I'll get into how you'd do that now:

You would be able to clean off blood/dirt in water and with water from canteens. However, if you do not attend to the bloody/dirty condition soon enough it will stain your clothing. To remove a stain you must use bleach. Infected blood would count as a stain and you would also have to sterilize the clothing with alcohol tincture, or a new item the developers may add in, to be completely safe from infection.

{New Zombie Looting}:

I think you should not only be able to find loot on zombies occasionally but also be able to take their clothing. Their clothing would not only generally be ruined or badly damaged, but also would have infected blood on them. You would also be able to find other loot on them sometimes, not bandages or cans of food like in the mod as well, that doesn't make much sense. More like military zombies for example, would rarely have AK magazines on them or other Russian military equipment. Medical zombies, once you add them in would have medical clothing and supplies. I also thought very rarely zombies would spawn with an actual gun, they would fire it randomly it no particular direction when charging at a player. I think this sort of thing has already been suggested though. I think you should also be able to find loot on the dead soldiers there are in certain areas, the same sort as military zombies but their clothing would not have infected blood on them and would only be in somewhat bad condition and bloody. 

I'd love to see what other DayZ players think of this and maybe even the developers, I have plenty of other suggestions but I thought I'd post this first.

• Like 7

Zombies are gonna drop loot sooner or later. probably later.

I like this idea. They should make it to where you need to occasionally bathe. That would add a whole new level of realism I'd enjoy! :beans:

• Like 1

I like this idea. They should make it to where you need to occasionally bathe. That would add a whole new level of realism I'd enjoy! :beans:

Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe you'd have to just generally keep your character clean other wise you will become ill and unhealthy.

I like all of this, more depth to any system is a win for me and this would add a lot for sure. For me, lootable zombies is a must have, even if most of what they carry id damaged or stained with infected blood (needingto be sprayed with disinfectant before prolonged use). Have some beans :)

I would just like the clothes to keep you warm. LOL. I dont have to worry about zombies or other players I keep freaking freezing to death before I can get anywhere. I find wool coats thick hats boots ect and still its like I'm just running around naked. >:(

I would just like the clothes to keep you warm. LOL. I dont have to worry about zombies or other players I keep freaking freezing to death before I can get anywhere. I find wool coats thick hats boots ect and still its like I'm just running around naked. > :(

Yeah, ha-ha. I do hope they make the heat system a bit more believable and realistic, I think the developers did say they'd exaggerated the sensitivity of the heat in the current build for testing though.

Zombies are gonna drop loot sooner or later. probably later.

I hope after their bodies start having some friction with the ground and not sliding down 50 meters the smallest 5 degree slope