Sign in to follow this  
magafe

Make more zombies but remove their ability to run.

Pros

_______

More fun!

More Zombies

More things to do

Lowers the amount of kill on sight

People will have to be more sneaky 

No more Zombies running at you and hitting the air and killing you

Game will be more about Zombies less about killing others.

Having hordes of Zombies will add more suspense and excitement to the game because you can turn a corner then bam 50 zombies or less or more. 

Cons

_______

More Lag

More 

• Like 3

Pros

_______

1) More fun!

2) More Zombies

3) More things to do

4lowers the amount of kill on sight

5)People will have to be more sneaky 

6)No more Zombies running at you and hitting the air and killing you

7)Game will be more about Zombies less about killing others.

8)Having hordes of Zombies will add more suspense and excitement to the game because you can turn a corner then bam 50 zombies or less or more. 

1) More fun!.....That is debatable

2) More Zombies......slow easy to kill zombies you mean

3) More things to do..... such as?

4lowers the amount of kill on sight....ya think so?

5)People will have to be more sneaky....really  

6)No more Zombies running at you and hitting the air and killing you....long range glitch hitting is a thing of the past since .49

7)Game will be more about Zombies less about killing others....Thats silly..

8)Having hordes of Zombies will add more suspense and excitement to the game because you can turn a corner then bam 50 zombies or less or more..hard to impliment thats why they were spawing so fas in .48. 

what we need is more fast zombies like we had in .48 but without the long range glitch hitting 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 4

More Zombies are coming...but slower ?... i actually like the fact they are a "real" threat, and not the typical walking zombies that are only a threat in movies. The running infected people are fine.. no need to change that.

Edited by Cpanther

Nothing worse in this game than seeing a zombie run right past you, you know you have big lag and are soon to have ruined gear.

Also I was running away from the nwaf earlier and was hit multiple times by invisible zombies, what's up with that?

• Like 2

Personally, I would like them to run at a brisk jog, not like the last patch I played (.47) where they ran past me, through a house, and stopped to turn around to hit me on the other side of the street XD

These are "28 Days Later Zombies" not "Romero" zombies. The way they have them fits the back-story. And trust me I would love them to be "romero" zombies but I can't see that happening

• Like 1

These are "28 Days Later Zombies" not "Romero" zombies. The way they have them fits the back-story. And trust me I would love them to be "romero" zombies but I can't see that happening

Hello there

Im an old school Zed style fan also. But whilst being overrun by hordes of zeds slowly but surely would make a wonderful gibfest, I dont think it would do the strain on your PC or server much good. Im not a fan of these runners in such numbers TBH Id like em to be a rare challenge.

I can but dream!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

The running zombie hitting the air and damaging you wasnt patched. I played today in EXP and happened. Since there is a limit to running, slower zombies will still be a threat. 

1) More fun!.....That is debatable

2) More Zombies......slow easy to kill zombies you mean

3) More things to do..... such as?

4lowers the amount of kill on sight....ya think so?

5)People will have to be more sneaky....really  

6)No more Zombies running at you and hitting the air and killing you....long range glitch hitting is a thing of the past since .49

7)Game will be more about Zombies less about killing others....Thats silly..

8)Having hordes of Zombies will add more suspense and excitement to the game because you can turn a corner then bam 50 zombies or less or more..hard to impliment thats why they were spawing so fas in .48. 

what we need is more fast zombies like we had in .48 but without the long range glitch hitting 

what we need is slow zombies. 

• Like 1

Many slow/weak zombies or few fast/strong zombies.

Maybe fewer zombies should be preferred concerning server performance.

• Like 1

I definatley agree that the Z´s in this game should be more realistic.

They should not be as fast as a living human being due to the fact that they have underdeveloped motor functions since they are dead and most of the brain dont seems to work properly.

However, the real question in my opinion is how to make the Z´s more slow while they stay a serious threat.

In Arma 3 Breaking point that dont works, where you can actually run through hordes without beeing hit at all.

(

for example).

Maybe a rage mode or so could do it... when the Z´s sees you first, he should be quite confused.. after 3 sec. it should stumble towards your direction...

if your still not stealth to him, it starts to jog to you (not sprint like today) and later run if you dont go stealth

when the Z´s see blood or hear realy loud noices, like a gunshot or the roaring of a truck´s motor ( not steps or doors) they should rage out and be able to run, at least as they are able to see or hear you.

Maybe it should be somethink in this direction, 

one thing is clear.. there´s a lot of work on the Z´s to be done and there need to be much more of them.. but better they take their time and do it somewhen in 2015 than to invent a silly system

Edited by Pulpo
  • Like 1

I definatley agree that the Z´s in this game should be more realistic.

They should not be as fast as a living human being due to the fact that they have underdeveloped motor functions since they are dead and most of the brain dont seems to work properly.

However, the real question in my opinion is how to make the Z´s more slow while they stay a serious threat.

In Arma 3 Breaking point that dont works, where you can actually run through hordes without beeing hit at all.

(

for example).

Maybe a rage mode or so could do it... when the Z´s sees you first, he should be quite confused.. after 3 sec. it should stumble towards your direction...

if your still not stealth to him, it starts to jog to you (not sprint like today) and later run if you dont go stealth

when the Z´s see blood or hear realy loud noices, like a gunshot or the roaring of a truck´s motor ( not steps or doors) they should rage out and be able to run, at least as they are able to see or hear you.

Maybe it should be somethink in this direction, 

one thing is clear.. there´s a lot of work on the Z´s to be done.. but better they take their time and do it somewhen in 2015 than to invent a silly system

Yeah... like i said, slow zombies are only a threat in movies.. in games not so much, specially in open world games where you have lots of space to run. They work better in lineal games in which you have little or not space to move.. like The Last of Us... or even Half Life 2...

• Like 1

Pros

_______

More fun!

More Zombies

More things to do

Lowers the amount of kill on sight

People will have to be more sneaky 

No more Zombies running at you and hitting the air and killing you

Game will be more about Zombies less about killing others.

Having hordes of Zombies will add more suspense and excitement to the game because you can turn a corner then bam 50 zombies or less or more. 

Cons

_______

More Lag

More

I'm sorry but I find your pros laughable at best the zeds being able to sprint is what makes them a threat with more of them means a greater threat making them like the pathetic zombies in the walking dead yes I said pathetic how anyone can die from a shamble type of zed beats the hell out of me unless your a brain dead moron. there's a few servers in arma 2 dayz mod with walking dead and its lame you can do whatever you want loot wherever you want shoot m-107's to your hearts content with no worry of aggro=lame. Sorry to get so uptight but honestly if they ever made them shamblers I would have to say I'm done because then the game becomes just a PVP game and if I want that i'll play BF4 hell if they are adding shamble they might as well add a Darryl Dixon face skin so everyone who plays can act like some trailer park badass maybe then folks would use the cross bow. ugh ridiculous I tell you simply ridiculous.they need to make zeds more like 28 days/weeks later and have them vomit blood in your face which makes you infected if you have no medicine guess what u die if you get bit not hit by a hand you should have to cut off the extremity or face infection and death if you cut off said extremity and can't make a tourniquet you die.why does everyone want the game to be like the walking dead if anyone of the characters from that show where in dayz they would be dead already.again sorry I hate that show and I don't want to play a game like it at all. Edited by gannon46
  • Like 1

this is what I'm talkin about right here

Edited by gannon46

what we need is slow zombies. 

People with slow reactions that have ten thumbs  always say that. Thank god that Danny Boyle and Zack Snider introduced fast zombies in 28 Days later, Dawn Of the Dead 2004 and Umberto Lenzi introduced intelligent pack hunting weapon using zombies in Nightmare City.   Actually, I think the Devs should introduce some of Umberto Lenzi's fast  weapon using Alpha Zombies. In fact Umberto Lenzi's zombies are quite similar to DayZ zombies except that Day Z zombies can't use weapons. 

Besides that the Devs have already slowed down most of the zombies, decreased the rate of zombie re-spawning, and limited the range at which a second-third or fourth etc generation zombie can see and stay locked on to you.

I miss the more aggressive and numerous zombies we had in .48 even if I did take more than a few beatings. I simply rounded up as much Epinephrine as I could find and when the screen started to lose color from blood loss its a simple thing to bandage, inject myself with Epinephrine and then seek mass quantities of food and water.

I don't know what some of you guys want  Zombies that can't move at all? Get real.

Nightmare City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDZ-rQX78_A

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Why would you want slow zombies? Would be boring as you could just run away all day long.

They want them slow because it would make it easier for them to survive (as you know). When they are slow enough and hit weakly enough then they will brag about how many zeds they have dispatched. Imagine how they would whimper if a zombie hit that produces bleeding also carried an infection with it.   

Beans? :beans:  

Edited by Xbow

I'm sorry but I find your pros laughable at best the zeds being able to sprint is what makes them a threat with more of them means a greater threat making them like the pathetic zombies in the walking dead yes I said pathetic how anyone can die from a shamble type of zed beats the hell out of me unless your a brain dead moron. there's a few servers in arma 2 dayz mod with walking dead and its lame you can do whatever you want loot wherever you want shoot m-107's to your hearts content with no worry of aggro=lame. Sorry to get so uptight but honestly if they ever made them shamblers I would have to say I'm done because then the game becomes just a PVP game and if I want that i'll play BF4 hell if they are adding shamble they might as well add a Darryl Dixon face skin so everyone who plays can act like some trailer park badass maybe then folks would use the cross bow. ugh ridiculous I tell you simply ridiculous.they need to make zeds more like 28 days/weeks later and have them vomit blood in your face which makes you infected if you have no medicine guess what u die if you get bit not hit by a hand you should have to cut off the extremity or face infection and death if you cut off said extremity and can't make a tourniquet you die.why does everyone want the game to be like the walking dead if anyone of the characters from that show where in dayz they would be dead already.again sorry I hate that show and I don't want to play a game like it at all.

Well said from A to Z.  I wouldn't mind a variety of Zeds and more of them but they should all be reasonably mobile and the freshest of them highly contagious sprinters. I wouldn't want to play the game with harmless Zeds. In fact the lower number of zeds combined with their slow slow to non existent re-spawn rate in .49 is making my ass tired because they are not much of a threat these days.  

Gannon46 said, "I would have to say I'm done because then the game becomes just a PVP game" EXACTLY CORRECT! As I recall  PVP became the thing to do because in the beginning the zombies were too harmless to bother with.

Have some beans  :beans:

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Slow zeds with no stamina system for players? 

Sounds like summer vacation. 

Edited by General Zod

People with slow reactions that have ten thumbs  always say that. Thank god that Danny Boyle and Zack Snider introduced fast zombies in 28 Days later, Dawn Of the Dead 2004 and Umberto Lenzi introduced intelligent pack hunting weapon using zombies in Nightmare City.   Actually, I think the Devs should introduce some of Umberto Lenzi's fast  weapon using Alpha Zombies. In fact Umberto Lenzi's zombies are quite similar to DayZ zombies except that Day Z zombies can't use weapons. 

Besides that the Devs have already slowed down most of the zombies, decreased the rate of zombie re-spawning, and limited the range at which a second-third or fourth etc generation zombie can see and stay locked on to you.

I miss the more aggressive and numerous zombies we had in .48 even if I did take more than a few beatings. I simply rounded up as much Epinephrine as I could find and when the screen started to lose color from blood loss its a simple thing to bandage, inject myself with Epinephrine and then seek mass quantities of food and water.

I don't know what some of you guys want  Zombies that can't move at all? Get real.

Nightmare City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDZ-rQX78_A

you know I didn't think of that before like a zed with a gun or a weapon. they don't have good aim they just instinctively swing it a pull the trigger and if they have a melee weapon they just go maniac swinging it could you imagine a zed with a fire axe or a pickaxe not that's dangerous maybe even throw it not with accuracy great accuracy but you would still crap your pants when it goes by your head or if it blasts you in the face. take beans sir.

It has been said before and I'll say it again, you would never die to zombies if they were slow in this type of game. People in this game will run kilometres just to try to lose one fast zombie. What do you think really would happen with slow zombies? More "sneaky" players? "Less KoS"? People already have forget that there actually are zombies in the game. If they were slow you wouldn't even have to pull out your fireman's axe and hit them in their toe to kill them.

They want them slow because it would make it easier for them to survive (as you know). When they are slow enough and hit weakly enough then they will brag about how many zeds they have dispatched. Imagine how they would whimper if a zombie hit that produces bleeding also carried an infection with it.   

Beans? :beans:  

or because fast zombies are buggy as fuck. Why are you upset that I want them slower?

its my opinion i dont know why this kid xbow  is hating on it so much.

Edited by Magafe

More zombies....

8Ee5ebh.jpg

Remover ability to run.....

ywq9Xtc.jpg

I want more zombies....but I still want them to run...imagine what we have now but a horde of 15, 20,25,30 slowly building behind you as you try to loose them through a town.

Now imagine walking zombies....one spots you....you sit down and watch it amble towards you eating beans thinking "meh cba wasting the ammo, il go for a pee then run away. 

The only place slow zombies do well is linier games, where you have a confined "corridor" style level. That way they are all focused in to one place. Theres no corner for them to back you into in chernarus so they need to be fast to be a threat :)

• Like 3

you know I didn't think of that before like a zed with a gun or a weapon. they don't have good aim they just instinctively swing it a pull the trigger and if they have a melee weapon they just go maniac swinging it could you imagine a zed with a fire axe or a pickaxe not that's dangerous maybe even throw it not with accuracy great accuracy but you would still crap your pants when it goes by your head or if it blasts you in the face. take beans sir.

Thanks for the beans bro. They could have the zombies use a weapon like a shotgun or AKM as a melee weapon (like a bat) after they have expended what was in it (too dumb to reload). Then after you have dispatched the Zed you should be able to loot it. Although the weapon would be in bad shape (damaged) from the puss bag dragging it around in the mud all the time. Not all zeds should be weapon users not even a lot of them should be weapon users but there should be some and those should be in a highly energetic state.

Beans for you sir :beans: