Sign in to follow this  
thedogfoodyayho

The RPK - Way to rare!

So there's always been this one weapon in the DayZ mod I love, but is Waaayy to rare.

The RPK

Alot of people don't even know it exists. But have you ever found the "75rnd RPK mag"s? Yeah. that's what they go to. The gun really isn't That good,  because it's intended as a support weapon but is inferior to the M249 in almost every way. But the main reason I think no one uses it is because it's even rarer than the M249, which makes no sense.

I've only ever seen half a dozen or so on vanilla, all at Russian crash sites, VS at least 100 M249's and 50 or so MK.48's. I think the gun needs to be Fairly common in military areas, especially due to the fact that it's ammo is so common (It can also use AK-74 mags) so it can actually see some action. It's all-round better than any AK or M4 (Besides M4A3) and as good/better than an M16A2.

It's really a pretty good gun, and I would really like to actually see it in the hands of Bandits before they find the M249 or find it in some random tent up north. At this point it's better to just remove it because it's mags (Which spawn like, everywhere) take up loot spawns that could have AKM or Stanag mags, while the gun is no where to be found.

Or... RPK mags in AK-74?