Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

The New Loot Economy - How the heck does it work?

As the title suggests, I'm very confused.  I know that a certain amount of what I'm seeing is the result of server hoppers, but I did a little server hopping of my own to investigate. How is loot implemented fresh? Is there a central authority over what spawns where, or does each server have its own unique loot when it resets?

The reason I ask is there are several systems including persistence that are now in play, and I have no clue how these work together.

I will sign the petition as well. I have 2 different characters residing on stable. One based on persistent servers while the other appears when I log on to a non-persistent server. These are two totally different chars. I too am very confused how the loot system is working. 

I will sign the petition as well. I have 2 different characters residing on stable. One based on persistent servers while the other appears when I log on to a non-persistent server. These are two totally different chars. I too am very confused how the loot system is working. 

I've experienced the same thing.  My character in Fragnet Servers doesn't seemed to be getting into all of the Multiplay servers

Persistence allows the server to re-spawn loot within a 2km radius of where an item has been interacted with by a player. Some item spawns, like the green box trailers that look like portable generatiors, will only spawn loot from this system.

Persistence allows items to stay in the same position after a restart. Items in containers, like backpacks or tents, will stay around for a long time. Other items 'should' be degrading when left laying around, before disappearing and being replaced. However currently they mostly just disappear.

Loot economy is the server adjusting and balancing loot based on the loot in play. For example it may decide to not spawn more shotguns if ten people in the server have shotguns. However this is unconfirmed how it is specifically working now.

Servers that do not have persistence enabled only spawn loot on server reset and will not spawn loot in the 're-spawn' locations ever.

When private shards are available, your character, and your loot, will be only available on that server, or subset of servers. This will fully eliminate server hoping.

I've experienced the same thing.  My character in Fragnet Servers doesn't seemed to be getting into all of the Multiplay servers

some servers are still not properly configured and seem to be spawning 1pp characters on 3pp servers and viseversa.