69 members have voted

1. 1. When do you demand Vehicles?

• Before the end of 2014.
    • In early beta.
    • Before the end of 2015
    • Not until the game is released.
    • I don't want vehicles in dayz.
    • FINALLY: When its ready!!

Vehicles should have been in from the start in my opinion, and if that meant them not releasing the buggy sack of shit that the 'game' is, last Christmas, then so be it. At least it would've saved all those hundreds of thousands of players £20 each and all the wasted time spent realising that it's a buggy sack of shit.

You seem to be forgetting the part where they warned you it was a buggy sack of shit and explicitly stated that you should NOT buy it, especially if you're looking for a stable game.

• Like 2

You can't "demand" anything. Surprise! Bohemia doesn't have to fill your every whim, or else the game is a scam.

/rant

Anyways, I'd like to see basic implementation sometime near the start or midway through beta. Before beta would be amazing, but they still have to code and animate the V3S (even though they mentioned having A2 vehicles working with new physics system). Maybe we'll be getting it earlier than expected?

You seem to be forgetting the part where they warned you it was a buggy sack of shit and explicitly stated that you should NOT buy it, especially if you're looking for a stable game.

No, no I never forgot that. That's called covering their arse, and it's expected in many industries. This industry is full of anxious humans, usually young humans that have no patience or life experience to know better. I'm an adult and I was still an eager beaver to play the SA game, and arse covering warnings wasn't going to stop me, or the other 2million eager beavers from buying it. 

I doubt even 1% of those that purchased it knew it was a sack of shit to incredible proportions. Overwhelmingly the majority expected better at release, than where it's at now some 10 months on, so I won't accept your argument.

The cretin has had everyone over in my opinion, even his new (at the time) colleagues at BIS. 

We can't demand anything. We got this game for free......wait..... no we didn't. Actually we can demand what ever we want and when we want it. The dev team can listen to the community or ignor it, it's their choice. So what kind of developers are they?

Vehicles before the end of 2014 like the road map said. End of discussion.

• Like 1

No, no I never forgot that. That's called covering their arse, and it's expected in many industries. This industry is full of anxious humans, usually young humans that have no patience or life experience to know better. I'm an adult and I was still an eager beaver to play the SA game, and arse covering warnings wasn't going to stop me, or the other 2million eager beavers from buying it. 

I doubt even 1% of those that purchased it knew it was a sack of shit to incredible proportions. Overwhelmingly the majority expected better at release, than where it's at now some 10 months on, so I won't accept your argument.

The cretin has had everyone over in my opinion, even his new (at the time) colleagues at BIS. 

Im guessing you read the disclaimer but understanding it was hard?

Hello there

Your poll requires another option of "When its ready"

Well the 4th option "when the game is released" would work? What I mean by this is when the game is sold at gamestop for $60 with no "beta/early access" strings attached to it sometime just before xmas holidays in year 2020 or something. Surely they will keep the "beta/early access" status until they make vehicles?

The developers have a good thing going. I hope any child that stomps around demanding anything is quickly shown the door.

• Like 1

Surely they will keep the "beta/early access" status until they make vehicles?

They will keep the ALPHA/early access yes, since you don't add content anymore during beta. So no, the 4th option isn't an option since they will implement Vehicles during alpha, because this is when they add features.

They will keep the ALPHA/early access yes, since you don't add content anymore during beta. So no, the 4th option isn't an option since they will implement Vehicles during alpha, because this is when they add features.

Yet minecraft added a bunch of blocks and items and crafting systems during beta. Even tho the definition of alpha/beta phase is on the wiki its not set in stone ^^

last time I popped onto standalone the sprint was still so fast that its like riding a bike, until sprinting is slowed down and results in fatigue, thirst and hunger levels rising quickly, there really is no need for vehicles. I can just imagine the truck while its speeding up, with players outsprinting it until it hits about 30mph! And any mistakes made by the driver? The tireless sprinting players will catch up in no time. I feel the devs are feeling forced to throw in vehicles as a crowd pleaser, knowing that the SA isn't ready for it.

Me being an older player in my early 40's, age has taught me to be patient. I stick to the mod, and every so often I check out the SA to see how its coming along, and IMO its coming along beautifully. I can see its being built from the bottom up, every time I play, it looks better and feels smoother on my poor little GTX 650. By testing every two months, I can see the progress being made. I suppose the point I am making is... be patient!!! I can see the foundations being built, and that's the most important thing. The zeds and rides? I am happy they are taking a back seat at the moment. Devs are looking at the bigger picture, and I for one applaud them for it.

Edited by Jock McScottish

I will demand them when they add Moscow to the map, over 2100 KM is way to far to run.

Edited by Barnabus

/sigh

I would rather have bikes and stuff implemented before cars and the like

But I digress, It's going to fun shooting at your tyres!

• Like 1

Takes them 3 months to make Rossi or MP133 to work...Not to mention persistence...I dont think we will see vehicles any time soon....

Thanks for adding the "When ready" option, I've now voted :thumbsup: :beans:

Never demand, when they are ready to be tested then put them in Alpha to be tested, until then no rush.