69 members have voted

1. 1. When do you demand Vehicles?

• Before the end of 2014.
    • In early beta.
    • Before the end of 2015
    • Not until the game is released.
    • I don't want vehicles in dayz.
    • FINALLY: When its ready!!

I may be wrong on this but I believe they said that the first implementation of them will come with the next experimental build. They said the truck is pretty much done so I could see them soon.

sDZ6gHE.png

*rubs VS3 lovingly* My Precious...soon my Precious. *Clears throat*

Er, I thought Bikes were gonna be in first, and right now they just had the model for the VS3 variant going well, not the mechanics yet.  I mean they still have to get the fuel system worked out too right?

• Like 1

I'm definitely looking forward to the addition of vehicles but I'd rather they took their time and made sure that we got a better overall vehicle system than that of the Arma 2 mod.

I'm interested to see if we'll be able to upgrade vehicles to be more zombie resistant later in development...

QjX71lS.jpg

• Like 5

@ big mike. They were implementing the truck first due to the number of things you'd need to attach to get it working. Kind of like how the m4 was added before a lot of guns to test out the attachment system.

• Like 3

I may be wrong on this but I believe they said that the first implementation of them will come with the next experimental build. They said the truck is pretty much done so I could see them soon.

You are indeed wrong.

On the last live stream they said that graphically it's near completion, but they're still working on some parts. And after that it still needs to be coded up and animated.

So we won't be seeing this till around the end of this year or nearly next year.

• Like 1

I want them as soon as they can enter it. The only negative I see is people will see how small the map really is. The thing is now we have hazards such as weather that can only be circumvented by vehicles or staying put.

Whenever they have time for it.

Vehicles will play such a minor role in the finished game that I really wish they would focus on other things first and leave vehicles as one of the final things to polish up.

• Like 3

QjX71lS.jpg

You know if I remember correctly that whole plan in the movie actually ended very gruesomely

Edited by nettles

You know if I remember correctly that whole plan in the movie actually ended very gruesomely

Hey, the fortified bus worked fine...

I do not think that I can "demand" anything. But I hope there will be some prototypes this year and I am also convinced that a satisfying implementation needs to be added before beta.

I can imagine that either barricading or vehicles would be a nice little christmas gift for the community. I really don't expect it earlier. And if it comes out later, no problem at all.

As most of us, I am looking forward to vehicles as well, but actually i don't care much about it. I am certainly NOT looking forward for the first implementation of vehicles on Experimental, because Exp will be overrun with people that expect everything being polished, which will lead to massive ammounts of whining threads here on the forum that "shit is broken, devs fix it ASAP!!!!", so I'm totally fine with them taking the time they need.

Hopefully i can play Experimental the way it used to be before soon again, with people actually searching for new stuff and testing it out together.

• Like 1

I truly and deeply couldnt care less about vehicles... but I think it was Dean Hall that said in a recent conference that vehicles would be experimental "soon" and he expects them to break everything and get removed and readded many times before going live.

Where's the "It's irrelevant because they will get here when they get here." option?

• Like 1

Hello there

Hmmmmmm... "Demand"... Im not fond of that at all.

When would I prefer a fully integrated, rounded and functional vehicle system?

Yesterday, If I had magic powers.

In reality, whenever it happens. Id like it to be in the full release but I wont be wailing if it comes later.

What is KEY (as others have pointed out) is that its a fully fledged system not a "make do" addition.

Your poll requires another option of "When its ready"

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I could care less if we ever get them. The map isn't massive, it really doesn't take long on foot to get from one end to the other and more than enough places to loot along the way. Secondly they just scream "Hey come rob me!" they're loud so everyone in town knows you're coming. I was playing mod last night and was at the barn just north of  elektro. I could hear a car coming into town plain as day. They also require spare parts and fuel since they control lie crap and you're always hitting trees and shit.

TL;DR: Cars are loud and annoying and you don't need them.

• Like 2

Last I heard, the devs were saying that they expect the Alpha to be "feature complete" by the end of the year.

So that means at least one vehicle - probably buggy as all hell and not necessarily very useable (look at persistent storage), but it should be in the stable build nonetheless by that time. I don't see any reason not to trust them on that claim.

I don't "demand" anything.

Who do I think I am?!  :huh:

I'd like to see vehicles when the'yre ready.

• Like 1

I am rather curious as to what this 'command variant' looks like.  I tried googleing it and mostly what I saw were 'pannel van' style backs with windows.  Then again I suppose if you put a radio and a table for a map in the back that's a command variant too.

I don't really care when they get added, in my mind unless they add a military vehicle or a technical of some kind with a means to defend itself while driving around then the risk is to great to warrant using a vehicle. In my mind driving around will just make you a target for players who want to steal your vehicle 

Vehicles should have been in from the start in my opinion, and if that meant them not releasing the buggy sack of shit that the 'game' is, last Christmas, then so be it. At least it would've saved all those hundreds of thousands of players £20 each and all the wasted time spent realising that it's a buggy sack of shit.