Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Connor

The amount of a-holes in this game. Share your stories.

The dude Fog had on the side of the road was a complete moron. Those were the easiest five questions in the world!

Besides that, Fog seem like a bowl of dicks.

• Like 2

I have a two part a-hole story.

After two days of searching I finally found a mosin, had a scope and compensator in my bag since I spawned in pretty much. Plenty of ammo on me also, was of course an un-eventful evening of SNF and running around with my Mosin, made a fire for the first time outside of Elektro and got warm while I threw back a Pumpking and watched the Cowboys destroy the Saints. I log out for about 30 mins to eat and log back in and see that I need a drink. Glug, glug, glug... "You have been kicked from server" had an AK101 on my pack and had to drop the Mosin to drink... Tried quickly logging back in, get the 60 second timer. "You have been kicked from server" so that was my first a-hole.

Second a-hole, and in more ways than one. I run over to Cherno for a bit and figure I will check out the Piano House, what do ya know, another Mosin sitting pretty. I had a spare compensator but no scope, so I go back on the hunt this evening when I got home. Get back to Elektro to check the office building roof. On my way up a Zed aggros me, I drop my Mosin (with rounds in it) in the hallway near the top of the stairs. I leave it there since I can't climb up with it. I reach the top and there is my scope. I get up top and go prone, need to make a spot in my bag to grab it. So this is when I realize my mouse is about dead, red light is flashing and I can barely drag and drop items around, I eat an orange by mistake and then I hear someone talking. I peek over the ladder and there he is about halfway up. I pull my AK101 out and let him know I'm armed, he says something like "I'm friendly, I don't have ammo, I'll just clear out". I'm thinking BS, there was a loaded Mosin in the hall, I am working feverishly to get my mouse to move onto him as he climbs down the ladder on the outside of the building back to the street, scope in and see a Blaze on his back, I can't believe he didn't see it. I come down the ladder, I can't leave the Mosin sitting there for too long before he grabs it, I see he hasn't gone down the other ladder, he was waiting for me to come down. I can't spin around at this point mouse is not doing anything. I strafe and run down the backside of the building to the opposite platform as I hear him swinging fists at me. I see him bolt down the stairs when I get to the other side. STILL doesn't see the loaded Mosin on the ground. I stop and pull the battery out and put it back in hoping for a miracle. He climbs up behind me and hits me once. I run back to the other platform and pull my AK101 and take him down. Funny my mouse lasted until I was well out of Elektro before it finally wouldn't turn on anymore.

Not that I did anything smart during this encounter but man, talk about having all the chances in the world to take me out and coming up nil. Sorry dude, I prob would have geared you up if you had just backed down and waited.

Long winded post, thanks for reading if you did.

Today I was at the NWAF ACT, when two guys came in and started shouting at me to come down with my hands up. Not friendly or nothing, just screaming like they were a SWAT team. So I told them to piss off if they didn't want a face full of AK bullets. They said they had M4s, I told them bullshit, I saw you come in with the Mosin and the SKS. Then they said the only way to get out alive was to do what they said, so I told them to sod off again. Shouting continued, finally got fed up with it and decided that this was the special occasion I'd been saving my RDG-5 grenade for. Pulled the pin, tossed it down the stairs, EXPLOSION, one guy dead, the other KOd so I tied him up and waited for him to come to, then shot a full clip into his face, as promised.

Thank god for that grenade though, or I might've been dead.

• Like 5

Today I was at the NWAF ACT, when two guys came in and started shouting at me to come down with my hands up. Not friendly or nothing, just screaming like they were a SWAT team. So I told them to piss off if they didn't want a face full of AK bullets. They said they had M4s, I told them bullshit, I saw you come in with the Mosin and the SKS. Then they said the only way to get out alive was to do what they said, so I told them to sod off again. Shouting continued, finally got fed up with it and decided that this was the special occasion I'd been saving my RDG-5 grenade for. Pulled the pin, tossed it down the stairs, EXPLOSION, one guy dead, the other KOd so I tied him up and waited for him to come to, then shot a full clip into his face, as promised.

That warmed my heart.

Today a friendly with a broken leg was laying infront of me, he asked me to help him fix his leg. I got up close and personal, raised my gun and shot him point blank, right in the face. It made me happy :blush:

7680b3badb42.gif

I don't mind too much getting killed by another player, my favorite part of DayZ is starting over and searching for supplies. What I hate, is the midlessness of the killings. It's either shoot from afar, or burst through a door swinging a hoe.

I just wish people would make it interesting

First spawn after the new patch/wipe:

It was night, and I was inside a cowshed swapping newspawn junk items into my newly-found cargo pants, when...

*Swish-Thunk*  >  Unconscious.

I awoke to find myself bleeding from at least two places, wearing nothing but a badly damaged pair of jeans that had an unopened tin of beans in the pocket. The bastard even took my shoes. There was nothing left in the cowshed, or the surrounding buildings.

Unable to bandage or open my beans, I succumbed fairly quickly.

• Like 1

An ironic end for the Bean King, wouldn't you agree?

Ok

This is my storie.

There i was, walking around chernarus feeling the very cold breezy on my eyes, earing the birds, when i decide to go to the coast and risk all my gear for a bit of fun.

I arrive to the outskirts of electro just to find a group of fresh spawns trying to loot empty houses. they were overwelmed and they saw me (must've been the sight of the mosin on my back and the M4 on my hands). I felt sorry for them. There they were, cold, hungry, with nothing to defend themselfs.

So. I decided. I'm going to do a good deed, i'm going to help them. 

I give them some food and drinks and invite them to a game where the winner would win a loaded longhorn (wich i showed). They started jumping in joy.

To aply for this game they had to leave their clothes outside one house and enter it (they all did it... what a longhorn can do).

I close the door and tell them to wait a bit just for me to prepare things. No one is going to get hurt.

I finally tell them that the game is about to start and i'm going to explain the rules. "OK. Ok. Good. Good" they say.

I open the door. They look at me. And then. Just then, i unpin a grenade, throw it inside, close the door and watch it get blown to pieces.

But hey. I was bored. And i helped them. No more cold and hunger.

It was funnnn

Oh forgot to say...

1 guy got the grand prize... got the longhorn with 5 rounds (i dropped them quite far from the longhorn) and a high capacity vest as a bonus.

It was the guy that came back to the same place and laughed at it.

Does this make me a a-hole?

No weapon, no pack, no jacket. Trying to duke it out with two zombies behind a set of row houses and a guy comes out and I think, maybe he will help a brother out. =Gunshot=   .............."you are dead"

Edited by Sistinas1973

No weapon, no pack, no jacket. Trying to duke it out with two zombies behind a set of row houses and a guy comes out and I think, maybe he will help a brother out. =Gunshot=   .............."you are dead"

Maybe he missed ?

Same thing happened to me -- some bastard entered and axed me without a word while I was eating in the police station.  He was a fresh spawn too.  It seems that the concept of collaborating for surviving isn't something that they have in their minds.

Lesson number one, Never, ever eat or drink in a high traffic area, especially a police station

No.This forum has enough whiny threads already - we don't need any more.

this shows how you can just come to the forums to find a-holes too. They are everywhere.. This particular one trolls, sharp shoots, word smiths, never contributes anything, bitches about other people's topics, thinks he speaks for the whole community, and is just annoying in general. Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

There I was browsing the forum and then I saw a post. It was a huge post by a huge attention whore, with pictures and shit. Op bragged about him being an asshole to some people in an online game. Other a-holes encouraged him "Yes, yes, you outsmarted them" , "Yes, good job, I enjoyed your story" and shit like that. Then it struck me - this game is an a-hole magnet and I mean not just regular a-holes but HUGE ATTENTION WHORE A-HOLES!

• Like 1

There I was browsing the forum and then I saw a post. It was a huge post by a huge attention whore, with pictures and shit. Op bragged about him being an asshole to some people in an online game. Other a-holes encouraged him "Yes, yes, you outsmarted them" , "Yes, good job, I enjoyed your story" and shit like that. Then it struck me - this game is an a-hole magnet and I mean not just regular a-holes but HUGE ATTENTION WHORE A-HOLES!

Well said. 

Takes one to know one. 

• Like 1

Can I have some of your 1146 posts? Please?

No! Get your own. 

Edited by General Zod

this shows how you can just come to the forums to find a-holes too. They are everywhere.. This particular one trolls, sharp shoots, word smiths, never contributes anything, bitches about other people's topics, thinks he speaks for the whole community, and is just annoying in general.

It's a service.

• Like 1

I was walking ungeared around Berezino one time and two guys with melee weapons were coming up the street towards me. They were friendly and tried chatting but I was just in an odd mood so I stayed silent and flipped them the bird. One dude says 'is that guy fingering us?', runs up to me and clouts me in the head with his pipe wrench. I was laughing so hard it took me 3 minutes to hit the respawn after I died. I had tears rolling down my face I had the giggles so badly. You might be saying 'what the hell is so funny about that?', it was his tone of voice, he simply couldn't believe what was happening and he delivered a perfect knockout blow in one hit. The timing was spot on for slapstick. Still brings a smile to my face.

I only have 1.  Reason being is that getting KoS'd, or betrayed, or killed as a fresh spawn is completely ok.  It's a survival game.  If some guy spent hours gearing up, and is running along the coast and kills you, that's his perogative.  If you don't want to die on the coast, learn how to run with cover.

The only asshole thing that has happened to me is a hacker killing me.  Him killing me wasn't asshole-esque.  It was the fact that when I told him I realized he was hacking, he tried to deny it.  Like why can't you just say "Yup, I'm hacking, deal with it bitch."  Like I don't care that you're hacking and you killed me.  Eventually I'll die in a gun fight.  I just laugh when you try and pretend your not hacking, yet everything I'm wearing drops to piles on the ground instantly.  So no, I won't stick my hands up.  I'll continue to dot he detroit shuffle and watch you chase me naked while hacking and missing shots for 4 minutes straight just laughing at you open mic'd.

Edited by Grundlesmuggler

I don't mind too much getting killed by another player, my favorite part of DayZ is starting over and searching for supplies. What I hate, is the midlessness of the killings. It's either shoot from afar, or burst through a door swinging a hoe.

I just wish people would make it interesting

My fellow Survivor, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for your community... Just how exactly did you make it interesting for other players?

My recent run in with a dbag, oye vey!

So I was at a random military base southeast of Vybor, looting the barracks. I always shut the door behind me to conceal myself. But then I hear footsteps! I go to a window in one of the rooms and see a guy run by. so I lie down a wait a sec, listening. 2 minutes I hear nothing, and decide to get a move on. I stand up and open the door of the bedroom I'm in and I see him out the row of windows, and he sees me. He charges trying to shoot me through the windows with an AKM or something automatic heavier than an M4. Then I *think* I hear another guy saying "I got him!".

I had retreated to my bedroom because I only had a Blaze and 2 shots isn't a good gamble against a fully automatic. So after hearing "I got him" I got back out into the hallway and I see the door is still closed, but I see him through the glass of the door waiting.

He yells, "You cool?" ...

I responded, "Of course, I was hiding and watching, trying to avoid conflict."

He's like, "Well come on out, I'm cool."

I said, "I'd really like to leave - you can see my weapon is on my back, can you put yours away too?"
He says, "I'm carrying two so I can't really. Here, I'll just turn around."

I'm thinking to myself... F. This is going to get ugly.

I say, "Ok, I'm going to come out and simply run, I'd like to go about my way with no trouble."

He says, "Works for me, I'm cool!"

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... *deep breath*

I open the door and sprint zig zagging like mad, he opens fire, missing for what seemed like a whole clip. I think, "LOL!! You suck, I'm going to survive!!!"

But the clip never seems to end! Was it a drum mag? Has he been server hopping and camping this place and he's got tons of mags? Oh crap! I get hit, once, twice, a third... I duck behind a building and I'm bleeding, I hit 1 to bring my Blaze out, but for some reason I start drinking a soda. A SODA????? F***ING SODA??? I hate you you loot a soda and it goes to a hotkey! WHY BOHEMIA???? DAMNIT DEAN HALL!!!!

It was a 3rd person server so I check around the corner and in my grey blurry vision I see him coming. I cancel the drink action and attempt to finally arm the Blaze. As the Blaze gets into my hands he says, "Yeah, sorry about this..." BOOM BOOM BOOM (boom?).

You are dead.

That last (boom?) I *think* was a single shot from my Blaze. I think I might have gotten just one off. I hope it landed.

I was pretty annoyed. As I rethink how it all went wrong I think it was all the same guy and he was playing me, he probably shot a zed he'd aggroed after trying to shoot me through the glass and then tried to claim he got the guy after me.

Good guy down.  :( Trust noone.