5mirkeh

Another Firearms Wishlist

For the heck of it I added this in too  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the DayZ dev team focus more on

• Diluting the weapon spawn pool by focusing on more firearms
    • Help give survivors a chance by focusing more on protection
    • Try and have some kind of happy median as much of a pain this might be
    • Allow the chance to go even more in depth and allow people to make guns from salvage

**DISCLAIMER** Yes I know the 870 could be added with the 133 according to the wiki but that is not the point of my post **Disclaimer end**

This is another gun wishlist, But there is reasons why this is here

But I am not listing them >:-D

Let's start off with some kind of Over and Under shotgun as a rarer (and less reliable) alternative to the IZH-43 (which is a Side by Side) in the game as of typing this.

It's more of a compliment weapon than anything new, Speaking of compliment 12g Birdshot should be implemented alongside the reimplementation of 12g Slugs.

And would also like either the Mossberg 550 or Remington 870 (or even both!) again as a Western complement to the Beikal MP-133 that is in the game files.

I would also think that some kind of light .22 bolt action rifle/.22 SMG could make it into the game at a later date.

Also the M203 and GP-25 could be a great way to fight back against campers in buildings and vehicles if they choose to add them later on into the development.

And to top it all off for the firearms the M1 garand would be a Pingin' idea to add.

But with all the weapons in the game now I would also like them to add more protection (Military, Police or Makeshift) or even a riot shield as a way to tip the odds.

as my 12 cents get looted of my dead guy I would like to hear your opinions and ideas

Happy fragging!

Edited by 5mirkeh
  • Like 1

In my opinion I lean far more towards primitve weapons and crafting of said weapons then just a "New gun."  I don't mind new rifles/pistols but I find it far more rewarding collecting items to create one.  That said I'm also not an insane PVP type I prefer the live off the land gameplay.

• Like 3

In my opinion I lean far more towards primitve weapons and crafting of said weapons then just a "New gun."  I don't mind new rifles/pistols but I find it far more rewarding collecting items to create one.  That said I'm also not an insane PVP type I prefer the live off the land gameplay.

I never actually thought of crafting custom weapons But heck If it's a possibility I am all up for gun crafting :-D

• Like 1

I never actually thought of crafting custom weapons But heck If it's a possibility I am all up for gun crafting :-D

Absolutely, there are obviously limitations but you give any guy a lapua and he will sit on a hill watching a town for hours hoping to smoke the first to walk through the supermarket.  You give him a bow he is more likely to proceed with caution and weave through town and possibly have a verbal interaction.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Absolutely, there are obviously limitations but you give any guy a lapua and he will sit on a hill watching a town for hours hoping to smoke the first to walk through the supermarket.  You give him a bow he is more likely to proceed with caution and weave through town and possibly have a verbal interaction.

Exactly why I would like more guns/crafting guns so the first scenario does not happen due to the amount of varied weapons cranking the spawn chance down so individuals don't KOS, But to try and passivly combat that happening I employ a "Live and let live" style to player interaction like when I was scoping out the Shipwreck with my trusty mosin to see if anyone was there just because of the abundance of weapons.

• Like 1

Think the M1 has been confirmed, or at least the model has been made.

As for crafted guns, do you mean 'NRA Sten' level of sophistication?

uvfimprovisedsubmachinegun.jpg

Or this?

akk-tm.jpg

870 is on the wiki because they showed off a model a while back of one. Only problem with having both the M133 and M870 is that they're almost exactly the same gun. Yeah, there are plenty of different variants, but performance wise you're not going to see any real difference on equivalent variants. Though they did make a model so I'd hate to see it go to waste.

I'm not sure crafting weapons should go as far as making guns, simply because many are fairly complicated and a common problem with complicated improvised items is that they all look identical whereas in the real world you have noticeable differences. I would like to see more advanced improvised melee options, like tying a knife/bayonet or even a sharp rock onto the end of a sharpened stick to make a spear, as well as crafting together various objects, like baseball bats with nails and whatnot.

I definitely do not want bows to be the majority weapon, though.

• Like 1

The fuck would a M1 Garand be doing in a post Soviet state?

The SVT-40 is the weapon we SHOULD have.

I just don't know anymore about these weapons. It seems as if they pull a random idea out of their ass each day without looking at what the people have to say.

Why don't I just add an Arisaka Type 38 or an M50 Reising to the list?

Not a rant, just sharing my opinion.

• Like 1

I just don't know anymore about these weapons. It seems as if they pull a random idea out of their ass each day without looking at what the people have to say.

It probably has to do with the caliber.

.30-06 would be a highly desirable caliber in the game especially if its added as a civilian hunting round.

adding that round would mean adding weapons in that caliber and the most famous would be the m1 garand.

I can see them adding a wide variety of hunting rifles in .30-06 in the future.

Why not?  They were both Available to the Russians at one point.

I would say Lend Lease, they sent over some M1s right?  I just hope they actually add the 30-6 version and not the Navy 7.62 NATO version, otherwise what'd be the point?

Why not?  They were both Available to the Russians at one point.

I would say Lend Lease, they sent over some M1s right?  I just hope they actually add the 30-6 version and not the Navy 7.62 NATO version, otherwise what'd be the point?

The M1 Garand was BARELY  to the Soviets.  All foreign allied weapons were extremely limited in the Soviet military. 

Come on guys.. seriously..?  Think of realism... you guys are not actually for this are you..? :\

M1 Garands were everywhere during WW2, and considering the Armaverse version of Earth is considerably different than real Earth, the history could have very well been different. The Garand was used by Turkey, around where Takistan is, so it's not hard to believe some Garands could've funneled their way into Chernarus, just as Lee-Enfields did. That, and it was used by Greece, Norway, and Denmark, so it wasn't completely absent in post-war Europe.

It's most likely been considered because .30-06 is potential for the future and it'd be both a recognizable and distinctive rifle as a hallmark of the caliber. I mean, it's an 8-round, clip-loaded battle rifle, with that memorable "Ping!" sound, so gameplay-wise it'd be quite unique for a low-to-medium end civilian battle rifle. I don't see why an SVT-40 can't be done in addition to the Garand. It's quite different in appearance, and unlike the Garand, used 10-round magazines instead of clips (making it a generally lower-end rifle.) Plus, the Garand and .30-06 were only speculative, Rocket just stated that he wanted it. 7.62x54mmR is confirmed, so that means an SVT-40 can be done either way.

To say they've been pulling these ideas out of their asses... not really. Ivan and Chris had the major list of weapons for V1.0 written up years ago, and they're just following it. Rocket & the other artists obviously do their own work and put their own feelings into the design, but generally everything that we have has been planned.

But even if they just did one gun at a time and decided what to do next... what guns are we actually sure of:

Guns ingame:

• Makarov IJ-70 - Not out of place
  • CZ-75 - Not out of place
  • 1911 - Specific variant is not the most common but not out of place
  • P1 - Not out of place
  • Sporter-22 - Not out of place
  • AK-101/AK-74M - Not out of place
  • M4A1 - Hardly out of place
  • CZ-527 - Not out of place
  • SKS - Not out of place
  • Mosin-Nagant M91/30 - Not out of place
  • Mosin "Obrez" - Not out of place
  • AKM - Not out of place
  • IZH-43 - Not out of place
  • PM-73 RAK - Not out of place
  • MP5K - Not really out of place
  • Blaze 95 - Not really in place, but it's a civilian double rifle
  • FNX-45 - Not in place, but currently it's one of the rarest pistols
  • Amphibia S - Not in place, but again, rare
  • Magnum - Not really in place, but it's a collectors weapon, so who knows?
  • LongHorn - Again, not in place, but also a civilian weapon so it's hard to judge

• AKS-74U - Not out of place
  • SVD - Not out of place
  • MP-133 - Not out of place
  • Rossi R92 - Not exactly a common weapon, but they wanted a lever-action rifle and this one definitely wasn't a poor choice.
  • Steyr AUG - AUGs are used quite heavily throughout ALL of Europe. Not out of place.
  • Derringer - Derringers vary in rarity, but we have no idea which we're getting, so it's unfair to complain.
  • Remington 870 - Not Russian, but extremely common worldwide

Speculatory (Unconfirmed):

• Browning Hi-Power: Not out of place, common worldwide
  • M1 Garand: Probably the only gun that doesn't logically fit the setting in the REAL world.

There are a few oddities and outliers, mostly for their unique traits, but that would be expected in real life. Overall, the majority of weapons are absolutely fine for an Eastern European setting, even realistically, but more to that nearly all of them "feel" right.

The M1 Garand was BARELY  to the Soviets.  All foreign allied weapons were extremely limited in the Soviet military. 

Come on guys.. seriously..?  Think of realism... you guys are not actually for this are you..? :\

Not saying there should be a Garand in every home, and not gonna pretend I know what weapons are readily avaible in Russia and the Post Soviets, but it is possible for the weapon to be there.

"Oh...yes...thank you for weapons..." *turns to quartermaster* "<Go dump these in a lake or something.  Wait, give it to the Idiots in Cherogrosk, if anything they can sell it to the Takis like they did the Enfields we got last week.>"

Maybe I am a bit biased since I like the Garand and prefer anything with wood grain and a mag size that encourages you to actually AIM instead of spray.

M1 Garands were everywhere during WW2, and considering the Armaverse version of Earth is considerably different than real Earth, the history could have very well been different. The Garand was used by Turkey, around where Takistan is, so it's not hard to believe some Garands could've funneled their way into Chernarus, just as Lee-Enfields did. That, and it was used by Greece, Norway, and Denmark, so it wasn't completely absent in post-war Europe.

Come on, just admit it. Garand doesn't fit at all. :lol: One can come up with fantastic explanations for any conceivable item (local zoo was destroyed! Now tigers and gorillas roam South Zagoria!)

... and less reliable ...

Why less reliable?

... 12g Birdshot should be implemented ...

Requiring hundreds of individual pellets, there's not a chance of having "real" birdshot.

Come on, just admit it. Garand doesn't fit at all. :lol: One can come up with fantastic explanations for any conceivable item (local zoo was destroyed! Now tigers and gorillas roam South Zagoria!)

It doesn't fit in the real world, I downright admitted that in the post itself. However, Chernarus is a fictional environment, so it's not breaking the rules for it to feature guns that would otherwise not normally appear in a similar region.

The only REAL explanation for why any of them would appear in Chernarus is if you had some very avid gun collectors (same reasons why the Python & Blaze are there). These people certainly do exist, but there would be so few of them that it would be completely insignificant, especially when played as THE explanation for their appearance.

So yes, the gun doesn't fit the setting, fine. But I personally see the overall benefits to gameplay as a higher-priority reason than simply "it doesn't fit." (something you and I inherently disagree on) It doesn't make a difference at this point anyway, the idea of adding the Garand was completely speculative and it's (probably) not even being worked on, yet. There's always a time for debate, but maybe we should hold off until it actually becomes relevant :P

Edited by Chaingunfighter

So yes, the gun doesn't fit the setting, fine. But I personally see the overall benefits to gameplay as a higher-priority reason than simply "it doesn't fit." (something you and I inherently disagree on)

Well, I really don't see what the Garand does that other weapons don't... as for the internal magazine, the only special feature I can think of, unlike the SKS, the Garand requires clips! So in game terms, it's just another rifle that needs a magazine and which also requires a new ammo type. The game does not differentiate between "clip" and "magazine" except that clips are one-use only, which is worse than if it required a box magazine.

Elderly battle rifle? SVT-40!

Internal magazine .30-06 semi-automatic? Numerous others!

Really zero special benefits to gameplay part from certain people happening to like the M1 Garand, fitting or not. I agree it's "speculative", I don't think that gun will make it in at all despite what Rocket said.

Edited by Gews

3D printers in DayZ...that way we could craft our own gun parts and put them together!

3D printers in DayZ...that way we could craft our own gun parts and put them together!

Development of 3D printing technology and demand for things like 80% lowers is on the rise (not without some push-back from the ATF..bastards :P) I even knew a guy who machined his own suppressor as a high school project before school shootings were a thing! However, in a poll I took of the community back in December, in which I collected 10,000 responses, results for 3D printed pistols was dismal and improvised SMGs was quite low. The small amount of feedback I collected was that 3D printed pistols didn't fit the setting (which I don't agree, since the liberator pistol has already been discovered in some criminal organizations and has been smuggled into the Israeli Knesset).

Edited by Gews

Well, I really don't see what the Garand does that other weapons don't... as for the internal magazine, the only special feature I can think of, unlike the SKS, the Garand requires clips! So in game terms, it's just another rifle that needs a magazine and which also requires a new ammo type. The game does not differentiate between "clip" and "magazine" except that clips are one-use only, which is worse than if it required a box magazine.

Elderly battle rifle? SVT-40!

Internal magazine .30-06 semi-automatic? Numerous others!

Really zero special benefits to gameplay part from certain people happening to like the M1 Garand, fitting or not. I agree it's "speculative", I don't think that gun will make it in at all despite what Rocket said.

The new ammunition type is the killer, but I was under the impression that .30-06 were it added would be used as a dedicated civilian cartridge so that .308 & 7.62x54mmR could be rarer. The M1 Garand is a semi-auto battle rifle, it's fairly effective, but it's limited to 8 rounds, and like you said, needs clips. On it's own the SVT-40 outclasses it in realism and effectiveness, but the only reason I saw the M1 Garand was because it could end up as the flagship rifle for a new civilian-based ammunition type. If they don't plan to add .30-06 then I see no need for the Garand, but if they do add .30-06 the Garand is definitely distinctive enough GAMEPLAY-wise to be worthy.

The two-round difference, clip-loaded feature, and lack of overall modularity would differ the SVT & M1 more than it'd seem like. (Based on current attachments, of course. The PU Scope would likely work for the SVT and none of the scopes ingame work on the M1 without modification)

Though if I had to pick of course I'd choose the SVT. It's one of my favorite all time weapons. If they're not going to do .30-06, then the M14 is a much better replacement (still not super realistic but moreso and different to a larger degree).

Edited by Chaingunfighter

When my dad was in Kosovo (you know, that former Soviet state?) They had an amnesty box for weapons from civvies. Among M1s, there was a Thompson with a 100 round drum mag, it was US issue and they traced it back to Normandy. God knows how it got there, but it got back to the US since it was still Army property.

In Iraq, (Takistan was a middle eastern country based on the Middle East and is next to Chernarus, the post Soviet state) they found old M1 Garands, and a few M1 Carbines. After the M1 was replaced, they were given to pretty much anyone and they traveled far.

Plus you know... theres the Black Market but its not like they sell and smuggle weapons with the fake Rolex`s... right?

When my dad was in Kosovo (you know, that former Soviet state?) They had an amnesty box for weapons from civvies. Among M1s, there was a Thompson with a 100 round drum mag, it was US issue and they traced it back to Normandy. God knows how it got there, but it got back to the US since it was still Army property.

In Iraq, (Takistan was a middle eastern country based on the Middle East and is next to Chernarus, the post Soviet state) they found old M1 Garands, and a few M1 Carbines. After the M1 was replaced, they were given to pretty much anyone and they traveled far.

Plus you know... theres the Black Market but its not like they sell and smuggle weapons with the fake Rolex`s... right?

Here is my answer to your reply:

1940_Tula_SVT40.jpg

SVT-40_-_Ryssland_-_AM.032865.jpg

Snip

While that is a gun I would love to see and would give you a lock of Chuck Norris beard hair, I should say that this is an alpha game that is still taking suggestions and being worked on. I think the M1 was added to add a hunting round, add more to the loot pile, and frankly because the devs have akward priorities and cant tell the difference between a blueberry and a holly berry XD (Theyve done great the past few updates though)

But I would expect more proper weapons Id be pissed id the SVT didnt come in lol.

Its just to add variety

• Like 1

Here is my answer to your reply:

Of course. The SVT-40 would be awesome.

HOWEVER, what, exactly, is the problem with having BOTH? I've never understood the mentality of "there can be only one!" when new content is added to the game.

Both of them are similar, but have quite a few differing characteristics that would keep them from being redundant.

Of course. The SVT-40 would be awesome.

HOWEVER, what, exactly, is the problem with having BOTH? I've never understood the mentality of "there can be only one!" when new content is added to the game.

Both of them are similar, but have quite a few differing characteristics that would keep them from being redundant.

The SVT-40 makes the most sense to have, leaving the M1 Garand a foreign imported weapon to the Soviet Union and Chernarus and barely any would exist in Chernarus.

If they Devs are wanting to add a new round to Dayz, they should look for weapons that fit the area and/or importation of that particular firearm is high/medium.

If the M1 Garand is added, then people will want the M1 Thompson.

Then the M1 Carbine

Then the M1903 Springfield

Then, you get it right?

Plus, this is a several game set in Eastern Europe, not Western Europe or the United States of America.  I just hope to see more firearms from Europe and Eurasia rather than from the U.S.A.