Sign in to follow this  
SonOfCivic

Zombies and rarity of guns

I was playing today and where ever i went there were no guns of any-sort. nor me-lee. another issue was that the zombies did not die by lots of punches in the head or any me-lee strikes. so i found that i need to run and even when i got from my spawn to the nearest town and i lost it 10 secs later it found me again in a building.

in my opinion this needs to fixed before they add anything else or make weaker guns much more easy to find so you can defend your self.

so maybe it is just me wh is having trouble becasue evrytime i hit the zombie they fall to ground after 10 hits, the hitmarkers are a bit messed up for me. even when the zombie downs it doesn't die after continous hits to the head. i also had a hard time finding a weapon of some sort.

so maybe it is just me wh is having trouble becasue evrytime i hit the zombie they fall to ground after 10 hits, the hitmarkers are a bit messed up for me. even when the zombie downs it doesn't die after continous hits to the head. i also had a hard time finding a weapon of some sort.

Should just take one punch to the head I believe, though I haven't punched zombies for a long while. Much easier and less risky to lock em in buildings.

I was playing today and where ever i went there were no guns of any-sort. nor me-lee. another issue was that the zombies did not die by lots of punches in the head or any me-lee strikes. so i found that i need to run and even when i got from my spawn to the nearest town and i lost it 10 secs later it found me again in a building.

in my opinion this needs to fixed before they add anything else or make weaker guns much more easy to find so you can defend your self.

You need to train up on zombiers a bit - try different melee weapons because different melee things have different strikes and different ways of hitting and timing (and some weapons are crap), and try punching.. try first person fights not just 3d person.. It DOES take a while.You don't need guns at all.  Expect to get killed several/many times but spend a couple of days getting killed and then finding something to hit with and go looking for more zombies.. After - not too long - you get the hang of it.. I found out one day that a screwdriver works real good on a zombie if you stick it in his face... but 2 or 3 together is not so hot because you have to move fast to get the screwdriver headshot before the others waste you..

Keep always moving aside from in front of them, if they line up on you they hit - you have to dodge or run straight past them close before they hit you.

Three or 4 zombies you can kill with an axe in 3d person by staying right on top of them and hitting them non stop and turning always back on top of them, I just use forward non-stop and turn with the mouse. suddenly there are none left and you aren't even hit once.. Also I've seeen bare-hand experts fist-punch down zombies and sidestepping.. classic boxing move, and the zombie goes down fast, the dude not even sweating..

I found out I liked the pitchfork or the hoe - they both suit my fighting style for some reason

Spade is OK.. I heard the electric cattle prod is cool but you need  a new battery for every 3 or 4 zombies you zap (I aint tried it, I just heard that)

So there are plenty of ways, BUT it takes practice.. it's NOT like pointing a gun and pulling the trigger, you have to try the moves, practice, die, try again, find out what works.. but it's a lot of fun finding out.

Also - if you run around buildings and down alleys, turning corners, the zombie often looses you.. but they don't fall down steep hills and kill themselves like they used to. AND now you can shut the door in the zombs face and he's (nearly always) stuck on the other side, so you can run in a building with 3 zombs behind you, and run out the back, and shut the zombies in there as you leave..

You should go on practicing the moves untill you're good at it, it's worthwhile..  and ask other players, they have other techniques.. it get's to be a habit so you usually know exactly how you are going to come out of any fight. They aint so tough.

Hey - and Always keep some rags because on one hit you nearly always bleed, but you have plenty of time to finish the fight before bandaging. First thing I do when I respawn is tear my tshirt into rags and throw away the torch and battery, then you're set for action.

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Its not just you, punching zombies = complete waste of time, just f'n die and respawn / hope to get better spawn point.  Join server with low population / time, and you'll have better chance at finding initial survival gear - clothes, food, axe or pick.  Once you find that golden axe/pick of justice zombies are no factor whatsoever, circle jerk them and you will never get hit.   Also, use this http://www.dayzdb.com/map , when you spawn run to edge of town and find sign, can figure out where you are and where the decent loot drops.  Basically police stations and some of those big barn types will get you up to par.

Edited by Cptn_Miller

at the time i had no melee weapons and i tried to lock em in buildings and they walked through the doors

Its not just you, punching zombies = complete waste of time, just f'n die and respawn / hope to get better spawn point.  Join server with low population / time, and you'll have better chance at finding initial survival gear - clothes, food, axe or pick.  Once you find that golden axe/pick of justice zombies are no factor whatsoever, circle jerk them and you will never get hit.   Also, use this http://www.dayzdb.com/map , when you spawn run to edge of town and find sign, can figure out where you are and where the decent loot drops.  Basically police stations and some of those big barn types will get you up to par.

Sorry but police stations are crap right now. Ive been to two and server hopped one of them five times and didnt found a single weapon. Didnt find anything but food tbh.

Sorry but police stations are crap right now. Ive been to two and server hopped one of them five times and didnt found a single weapon. Didnt find anything but food tbh.

Don't slip to the dark side.

• Like 2

Don't slip to the dark side.

Maybe he was... testing? No, probably not.

But he's right. I started playing DayZ again a few days ago and I've not found a weapon in a police station. In fact, the most valuable thing I've found in a police station was two .22 10rnd mags. Spent hours looking for a Sporter and never found one.

• Like 1

If you can't figure out current zombies, good luck in the future when DayZ actually gets hard.

• Like 3

If you can't figure out current zombies, good luck in the future when DayZ actually gets hard.

I'm really looking forward to this. My most enjoyable times playing Project Zomboid were in the pre-alpha days when the game was ball crushingly difficult. Simply surviving was a feat in and of itself and felt like an accomplishment to make it a week (in game) while constantly being displaced due to roaming zombie hoards overrunning your safehouses.

Im currently running with an SKS, sawn off shotgun, LongHorn & a Makarov (I think thats what it called) all found in towns, within 3 hours of spawning and zero server hops.

The stuff is out there I guess you gotta be lucky :)

Also found a thermometer, the only one I have seen in-game & I always seem to be 35c.

Im currently running with an SKS, sawn off shotgun, LongHorn & a Makarov (I think thats what it called) all found in towns, within 3 hours of spawning and zero server hops.

The stuff is out there I guess you gotta be lucky :)

Also found a thermometer, the only one I have seen in-game & I always seem to be 35c.

Interesting.. That's a bit cold for body temperature though.. Does it read ambient when not in use?

axe and shock stick melee is working well enough, anything else seems pretty scetchy. Machetes seem to not work

Your best weapon to take out zombies is either an wood cutting axe, fire axe, hoe or a pickaxe, shooting zombies will just make it a harder for yourself, guns don't need to be easier to find, it's a survival game and surviving isn't suppose to be easy.

Should just take one punch to the head I believe, though I haven't punched zombies for a long while. Much easier and less risky to lock em in buildings.

I can't say zombies were ever a 1 hit kill to the head with your fists, nor should it be like that.

Stop being a idiot and work for you stuff, stick to 1 server and move around, I'm getting bored popping server hoppers in the head when they spawn in Police stations or on airfields.

Guns will not solve your zombie problem. It will create it.

All of this, think its hard to punch that one zed....wait till your initial shot pulls 4-6, then you keep agroing them as they respawn cos you are still shooting the last of that wave. Melee is the way forward for dealing with zombies. As a fresh spawn try looking more at industrial type sights for melee weps. Most players will dart strait for a gun spawn, so a lot of the other buildings are untouched. Basically try to be different, don't do exactly what everyone else does or yep, you wont find much when ya get there.

PS, what happened to loot respawn??

• Like 1

Hahaha I hope you were super disappointed wasting your time like that.

I can't say zombies were ever a 1 hit kill to the head with your fists, nor should it be like that.

I meant 1 hit KO; I should have been more clear.

Just lock them in buildings. Easy and painless method, and it creates a nice surprise for whoever comes along next.

Interesting.. That's a bit cold for body temperature though.. Does it read ambient when not in use?

No, only when used. Its not an anal thermometer thankfully :D

Your best weapon to take out zombies is either an wood cutting axe, fire axe, hoe or a pickaxe, shooting zombies will just make it a harder for yourself, guns don't need to be easier to find, it's a survival game and surviving isn't suppose to be easy.

Stop being a idiot and work for you stuff, stick to 1 server and move around, I'm getting bored popping server hoppers in the head when they spawn in Police stations or on airfields.

First I’m not a server hopper. It takes a lot for me to change servers, like an idiot shooting at me or now unstoppable raining, Cause if after waiting 10 minutes for that rain to stop and it still hasn’t well Im gone.

I was just fed up from the fact that after 6 big & mid town (inland), all in 1 server, all I found were a shotgun, two buckshot boxes, two or 3 of the good melee weapons, 1 canteen, one medic bag, and 1 can opener, and they were all damage or badly damage. That prison was my third prison in my run. SO I got frustrated and server hopped to see what in the world was happening. Heck I even hit the airfield and all I found were books, boots, and pure absolute crap. And then was killed when 4 Zs were after me in the airfield and I just couldn’t kill them fast enough.

Now I’m playing persistence off servers and actually finding stuff and enjoying the game. There is hard and then there is just impossible. Persistence on right now is just impossible for my way of play. Meaning low population servers.

karma is a bitch ; )