Sign in to follow this  
kimmaz

Its getting hot in here...

Hello, Can someone list every item that is a source of heat that affects how warm you are? Like things that you can stand next to and get warm again. I've never server jumped before, but I think I will die from walking to a new town at this point, so I have looked through the same town 3 times and yet to find a box of matches. I would like to know if any other items can be used instead of a fire and also how to use them, I don't know every crafting recipe ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO5ZbWY_Cb8

• Like 1

also does this make any sense?

Chernarus_heat_map.jpg

I am assuming that is a map of player travel, because if that is supposed to be a map of air temperatures, someone on the Dev team needs to go back to school for geography.

At night, cold air should settle into mountain valleys, due to "cold air sinks, hot air rises" (forget the technical term) The "warmest" place to be in the mountains at night would in fact be on the leeward side of a mountain, about halfway up. Cities will also remain pretty warm, due to retained heat in asphalt and concrete. Many cities actually maintain localized weather patterns due to this heat difference!

Edited by Whyherro123

So there is no way to dry off you clothes and get warm besides a fire then? thats a shame,, oh well ^^ lets hope I find matches soon, probably in the first house I look after I die hehe

That map shows where you're most likely to meet people, it has nothing to do with heat...

Well. It Is a heat map. But not the kind he was looking for. 

This patch your basically going to be cold. A lot. You will need to eat more, not get wet, and make sure your clothing is in good shape. The wool coats are great for new spawns unless its raining. The gorka military gear is waterproof and warm but more difficult to get ahold of.

The problem is the temperature messages. They aren't exactly accurate all the time...example: "I am cold" --- "I am warming up" --- "I am cold" --- "I am cold" --- "I am warming up". 

I ignore weather messages unless they say I am shaking or freezing. Once you see "shaking/freezing" then you're headed for trouble. The screen will go gray when you're freezing and close to becoming hypothermic.

Good clothing for the cold: Fireman's coat, wool coat, down jacket (puffy jacket), etc.

Bad clothing: tactical shirts, Hoodies, shirts, etc.

rooms of barracks are also good heat sources. I get the warm message inside them. 

And another thing i fond is great against cold. Energy and hydration. If they are up you can last much longer the cold messages before getting the cold status

Edited by Rodsin