Sign in to follow this  
hotcakes

my tent got wiped in .491

i am pissed

nice fixes to persistence

Edited by hotcakes

Or someone stole it.

Or it wasn't a persistent server.

Was the tent on the server and surviving restarts before .491?

My tent was gone as well. On a persistent server, or at least the server claimed to be in the title. There really isn't anyway to tell. Has persistence ever really worked, because any time I've thrown up tents or backpacks they always delete after a day or so.

Edited by IIvIIozzie

My tent was gone as well. On a persistent server, or at least the server claimed to be in the title. There really isn't anyway to tell. Has persistence ever really worked, because any time I've thrown up tents or backpacks they always delete after a day or so.

But are the backpacks/tents there after a server restart? There aren't any "pseudo-persistent" servers, so if items are the same after restart them you KNOW that it is persistent.... Now if it doesn't save tents and backpacks after 5, 10, 15, 50 restarts. Then you're getting into persistence being glitchy or broken.

From what I've heard it should work something like:

Random items :last a few hours

Items dropped by player: last few hours to a day MAX

Backpacks dropped by player: 1 day to several days

Tents: forever! Or at least weeks/months.

I have no way of knowing how many server restarts were done since I logged off last night, what I do know is I logged off server, logged in five minutes later and the tent was there.Came online 20 hours later and the tent was gone.

Tents: forever! Or at least weeks/months.

They'd stated multiple times, tents will " degrade " And be eaten if not used..

Yesterday I "stole" one tent from the woods above Balota airfield, there was like 2 Gorka jackes lying in front of it also. Is that yours?

Edited by belphegor_goatzombie

Well, I just lost a tent on a persistence server restart. And I know it just got deleted since my other 2 are still there. Had food/ medical supplies in it.

Issues :

-Persistence (Events do not get loaded properly after server restart)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211083-stable-049-discussion/

Searching is your friend.

It is You that have to do proper search!

That is for 0.49.124971 and this is current 0.49.124972

"-Fixed a server crash and persistance corruption"

Edited by belphegor_goatzombie

It is You that have to do proper search!

That is for 0.49.124971 and this is current 0.49.124972

"-Fixed a server crash and persistance corruption"

Try again:

Hotfix : Stable - 0.49.124972

-Fixed a server crash caused by ragdoll

-Fixed a server crash and persistance corruption

-Map changes

-Persistance is enabled again by default on official servers. And is available as an opt in for all servers.

Love the new persistence! Very realistic. Because just like in real life, if you put something, someone else may take it, so it is very realistic in this regard. Maybe someone took your stuff, OP?

The only issue I have observed with tents is that once placed you are sometimes unable to close them after restart depending on placement. and like backpacks they are rearranged possibly leading to the loss of items if they can't be made fit by the sorting method used (working assumption) as various small and non useful items have vanished from tents in locations and such a way that makes it unlikely they were looted.. forcing empty server restarts for instance.

Also you seem to have to be able to add an item to them to force the contents to be visible it seems much like having to pick up medkits etc to see contents on restarts. 

Aside from this they appear thus far to be working fine.

Edited by Nithanil

Did some testing today with persistence. Went through 15 tall apartment buildings and emptied everything out in a hidden spot in each building. I found roughly 5 backpacks in my trip. The only backpack that stayed was the very first one and the most recent one I found. Most of the items disappeared, there was usually 1 item still left from the once big pile in each building. Server was empty the majority of the time so it was just me there. I will test tents again when I find one but I expect it to delete.

Edited by IIvIIozzie