Sign in to follow this  
Krixus

New to dayz Quick query

Hey I am new to dayz and just want a quick answer to some thing that happened last time I went on to dayz, I was playing for about 2 hours and managed to find my first backpack and gun :) then I decided to have a break for about an hour when I came back on I went on the same server as before to find everything I had found/done has gone and I had to start from scratch. just want to know is this a bug or I have noticed on servers they say "resets every 4 hours~ or so" dose that mean reset what you done aswell or just the server?.

Thanks

Server resets do not reset your character, as for why your character was wiped on the same server whilst playing could be numerous reasons.

• Like 1

Ok well ill give it another try I guess maybe find a new server

some servers, if they have trouble connecting to the hive or whatever, give you a temporary new character because they can't find yours.

(these servers can NEVER connect with the hive, yet somehow they're still listed with the ones that have no problem)

log onto a good server, and your equipped character should be waiting for you.

• Like 2

Never join a server with 0 players connected at times 8:00AM through 9:20AM. The server is probably not connected to the central hive yet.