Sign in to follow this  
NicknameMk2

Spawn near your Friends (realistic)

No.. only idiots swim against the current.. you know why ? Because you aren't going anywhere and eventually you will die. 

Tell that to Salmons who swim up the stream to lay eggs.  

Tell that to Salmons who swim up the stream to lay eggs.  

Yeah.. well... that will be hard, considering that they "die" of exhaustion after spawning their eggs...

Edited by Cpanther

Yeah.. well... that will be hard, considering that they "die" of exhaustion after spawning their eggs...

Nothing worth having comes easy. 

Nothing worth having comes easy. 

Are you saying that you trying to spawn eggs in DayZ ? ... now i really are confuse.....

one big, giant, massive NOPE

Defeats  one of the purposes of perma death and just creates more death match and run to storage

Edited by Sirwarriant12
  • Like 1

Not your Charakter dies... Your equip dies... or goes to someone else... if you would lose skills or something you really need time to achieve it, then your char dies, but the way the game is, just your stuff dies. 

There is to much of everything available in the game, except the press vest :D

im not talking about badass-skills or something, just small steps you make over a long period of time. like holding your weapon a little more steady than other players or something like that...

So dead becomes a really fucking kick in the balls and you will beg not to get shot...

you know? realism and survival and game expierince and so on... 

ps: nobodys has answered my teamspeak post... what do you think about this? 

Edited by NicknameMk2

Perks already have been suggested half a dozen times, each and every time perks helping with gun handling and combat were given one answer.

No! 

Well, first of:

Modding will be a big part of the game and if you have a nice idea, make your own mod/server plugin and see if people like it.

However, the thing with spawning in groups is: Even though I totally understand why "casual" gamers would like such a feature, the big problem is that most people will abuse it. How? For example a group of 5 people spawns, check which one has the best locations (closest to the airfield) and everyone teleports to him. Or people offer "taxi services" like this:

Forum conversation:

Player A: Hey, I need to get to Cherno as fast as possible

Random player B: Jo, I'm at Cherno, come join my group and teleport to me

No matter how you restrict it, people will find a way to mess with the system and so it's best to completly keep it out of DayZ.

Edited by DerDuderich

Guys are gonna crucify me for this but I would really like having the ability to just form a group with a few friends and spawn together; I don't care if you spawn without any gear or whatever, that would be perfectly fine.

But contrary to what others are always saying here I find no joy in spending hours of my time trying to find my friends in Dayz, and I get that most people really don't care about making the game more accessible to more casual gamers, but I feel like this can be a major downer for a lot of players.

Amen to this.

I don't even play this game as a shooter outside of self defense, but in general I like being able to do things with friends, and I dislike having to spend a half hour trying to just meet up with them.

• Like 1

Amen to this.

I don't even play this game as a shooter outside of self defense, but in general I like being able to do things with friends, and I dislike having to spend a half hour trying to just meet up with them.

Maybe we should make a separate thread for spawning fresh with friends. People just see the first post and instantly say its a terrible idea

Edited by ValentinBk

Maybe we should make a separate thread for spawning fresh with friends. People just see the first post and instantly say its a terrible idea

Both are. 

Rocket has stated they will be looking into making it easier for friends to spawn together/near each other in some form or another.

I personally don't agree with it myself....it is a shame friends cant play together straight away...but hey....it is the frigging apocalypse!

• Like 2

Both are. 

Care to explain why not taking a half hour to meet up with friends to enjoy a game together is a bad thing?

Care to explain why not taking a half hour to meet up with friends to enjoy a game together is a bad thing?

You casual how dare you to ask for my time. 

Because I want people to be miserable while running for 20 minutes to meet their friends, so that there is risk involved. 

And it can be abused, get close to a military base, spawn all friends nearby. 

Edited by General Zod

You casual how dare you to ask for my time. 

Because I want people to be miserable while running for 20 minutes to meet their friends, so that there is risk involved. 

And it can be abused, get close to a military base, spawn all friends nearby. 

And what if "group/friend" spawns were separated from the standard spawns, and in less optimal locations? 

Also, that "risk involved" in just trying to play with friends in the first place, is something which makes the game less enjoyable for me. 

Games are meant to be fun, not second jobs. 

Games are meant to be fun

This has always been my favorite line that people throw around for any game.

Btw, DayZ is not suppose to be fun.  It's called the "anti-game" for a reason

The risk of abuse is high though. I think its bad if someone who just got killed would spawn anywhere near his friends - more the other way around I would like them to respawn as far as possible from their corpse and any kind of storage (storage should be storgae and not linked to any specific player so "your storage" makes no sense in terms of respawn mechanics).

Other than this you could just stick together and try not to get killed (its a game about survival after all). I can see a group of players banding together to respawn together though. So if you got killed (or have no survivor on this shard/hive/server/whatever) and your buddy as well you could select an option to join at the same place as freshspawns - and only as freshspawns. So as long as nobody runs away you save yourself the work of meeting up - unless you die of course.

And then there is that "cure" idea - after a lot of work you might get an extremely rare medical item (cannot be found only crafted) that can cure a single zombie allowing for one player to join in this place. This would be a lategame feature and extremely involved (both getting and applying).

And what if "group/friend" spawns were separated from the standard spawns, and in less optimal locations? 

That makes no sense. we are talking about spawning nearby your friend who's already in the game, not spawning as a whole group at the same time. 

That makes no sense. we are talking about spawning nearby your friend who's already in the game, not spawning as a whole group at the same time. 

No, that second bit was what I was talking about all along.

This has always been my favorite line that people throw around for any game.

Btw, DayZ is not suppose to be fun.  It's called the "anti-game" for a reason

You're the first person I've ever heard call DayZ the "anti-game." 

And if DayZ were not supposed to be fun, then there would be no point to the devs balancing things, or anyone playing it in the first place.

You're the first person I've ever heard call DayZ the "anti-game." 

And if DayZ were not supposed to be fun, then there would be no point to the devs balancing things, or anyone playing it in the first place.

Oops, meant to quote this part 

Games are meant to be fun, not second jobs. 

It's the anti-game because it's suppose to be hard and make you hate it, not coddle you and hold your hand to your next waypoint.

It's the anti-game because it's suppose to be hard and make you hate it, not coddle you and hold your hand to your next waypoint.

Perhaps some people like it because it's challenging.  I understand what you're saying, but 'hate' might be poor word choice here.  I know that if I'm not enjoying a game, I'll find something else to do.

The problem with spawning next to your friends is that you then have fresh spawns spawning in the western area where all the military loot is.

Sometimes fun is about overcoming challenges and not about seeing that "You win!" line. That "anti-game" thing is bs - its a game that is supposed to be hard. Still a game. Because "game" does not mean "easily beatable and highly simplified". Its a game because its outcome has most likely no effect on your real life (at least I hope so) or humanity as a whole. However in a game that is about overcoming hardships and obstacles a feature where you can teleport to your friends is a way of cheating - groups already have it easier. Meeting up with friends is also part of the game and another challenge to master. Its made easier by not splitting once you met or having some meeting points if you do.

And when you die? Well... friends sitting at your corpse and you running back? No! Nothing wrong with preserving that gear. The issue is running back - you simply should not respawn anywhere near that spot. And if you want to be part of the group again and get your stuff back - better work for it. Because its a game where its less about being in a certain state but about getting there. The fun comes from the challenge and finally beating it (or failing spectacularly) and getting your reward.

Now back to spawning with friends: If its not a teleport it might work. Which means spawning with friends as freshspawns at the coast. Any "already existing" buddy would have to meet you though. As would any buddy joining later. No need for separate group spawn areas.

Every time I see these stupid suggestions this video always becomes more relevant.

• Like 1

The video sums it up pretty nicely - the best thing about DayZ is that it is not like the other games. Anti-frustration can turn into anti-fun and there are tons of easy games out there. That doesn't mean the game should be unplayable for casuals - but they might need some friends and can't expect the same level of rewards as people who put in a lot of effort. Thankfully as nobody tells you how to play (aside from not cheating of course) you can still have fun.