Sign in to follow this  
NicknameMk2

Spawn near your Friends (realistic)

Hey there,

it´s a little anoying finding my friends when just died and stuff... im sure everyone of you knows what i mean.

i know the spawn system is designed to be realistic and to create unique storys for every new survivor and thats fine.

but what about an item to spawn a friend near you? Something like a flare pistol you have to fire thowards the sky? So your friend gets the chance to spawn something like 1 km away from you and has to look for the flair in the sky? 

This way you can skip most of the search and run stuff and can start playing again. But there is also the risk of other players seeing the flare and heading to you direction.

What do you think about that?

PS: im sorry if my english isnt the best. Im from germany and schools here arent that good anymore :D

• Like 2

That is really fucking stupid/I strongly disagree with your post/Allow me to type a 750 word response lightly putting you down.

I would imagine the game would have to have a way to recognize who your friends are and who you even want spawned near you. Also this would allow someone downed in a shootout to easily get back and gather their gear, unnecessarily prolonging the shootout and ruining the well scripted and properly roleplayed fight.

• Like 2

If its an lootable item you first have to find it, you could make it 2x2 so you cannot store that much of it, you could say that its not usable until you´ve stopped firing for 5 minutes or so, and to remember your friends you could select a name out of the player list already in game. just anouther button while youre dead right beneath the respawn button thats greyed out and then if someone has chosen you gehts clickable. like "spawn near flare side" or something.

dont call it an stupid idea, try to diguise pro and contra of it...

Good, you noticed one of the problems I stated, now how about the whole "People easily getting back to their downed bodies in a shootout to keep fighting due to the flare being use to spawn them closer to their corpse."

in some cases this could happen, but maybe most of your stuff is ruined. or only one of you friends survived and runs away. so he is shooting the flare some kilometers away from the shootout area. there are many different szenarios what could happen and what not. 

Any ideas from your side for an "Spawn with your friends" - mechanism or to improve the one i thought about? 

• Like 1

Nah, it would just reduce the meaning of death even further if applied to respawns and cause reinforcements to appear way too soon when applied to spawns.

For respawns I think going exactly the opposite way (bad spawns for everyone) is a better solution as it makes death having some impact without keeping you away from the game for too long. Though there was an interesting idea about a "cure zombie" feature that might allow for a friend to respawn next to you.

For spawns I really think you should just keep spawning where you logged out with some special interactions when players are nearby (to avoid ghosting/combat logging and the likes). Everything else might disrupt the gameplay by too much (people suddenly popping up near other people should be kept at the absolute minimum).

I'd want it to be where you could only spawn on your friends once, if they were newly spawn (So you could start together). DayZ could detect the people on your friend's list to see who you could spawn on. I don't think an item like a flare gun would be necessary

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad
  • Like 2

Im just talking about fresh spawns (bambies). if you died you can use this feature to get invited near a friend and not if youre logged in again with your exsisting and fully geared charakter.

And we are saying that it will be used for spawning people's friends near them during a shootout so they can get their gear back and keep fighting.

I think using a flare gun or zombie cure as a lootable item to respawn your friends is a good idea.  It will be abused like any mechanic such as wall peeking or being able to stick your noggin through a wall to see the other side.  It will be abused until it's fixed. Even the DayZ mod had a simple mechanic that could detect when you were in combat, so implementing something like that in the standalone and forcing players to wait until a certain amount of time had passed since their last attack or proximity to an attack, or since the last time a flare/cure was used would be easy enough.  

I'd want it to be where you could only spawn on your friends once, if they were newly spawn (So you could start together). DayZ could detect the people on your friend's list to see who you could spawn on. I don't think an item like a flare gun would be necessary

This. There is absolutely no harm in two freshly spawned players spawning together.

• Like 1

Well, it's your lucky day, because nowadays everyone respawns in the same spot! Enjoy it while it lasts!

I rarely say terrible idea but this is a terrible idea.  The whole point is to try and find your friends and with the easy to access online map http://dayzdb.com/map finding your way around could never be easier.

No.

Having a friend or a group to play with is a big advantage over other players. This shouldn't be easy to achieve at all.

maybe youre right about this, but isnt it an advantage to use ts too? you can hear your friends while they are miles away from you and other people cant hear you talk. if you and your friend meet a stranger you can disguise to kill him or make jokes about his mum an he is not knowing,,, i mean there are walkie talkies and stuff so you can communicate for a larger distance, there should be something to improve ingame talking and making it more attractiv then using ts or skype or something. same about playing with friends and finding them...

Edited by NicknameMk2

No.

Having a friend or a group to play with is a big advantage over other players. This shouldn't be easy to achieve at all.

There are a few things that should be considered though. First, most people don't have all day to play DayZ. I know I just want to play it with a friend and not waste 20 minutes (if not longer) to meet somewhere in the middle. Not to mention how easily you can die just trying to get to your friend... and then you respawn ever farther. Which leads me to the next point - one of the things that are awesome about DayZ is how "fragile" your character is. So you meet up with your friend, and decide to go somewhere. Along the way a camper with a sniping rifle spots you and kills one, if not both of you (happened to me just 3 days ago). And then you have to meet up again..

They should also take into consideration that bambies are dangerous mostly just to other bambies, so if two people want to spawn together - the game can just spawn them away from other fresh players.

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.  You want instant respawn to get into the action / die / rinse / repeat?  Go play one of the hoards of mindless twitch shooters.  That is not what DayZ is.  If you hate the process of finding your friends you are playing the wrong game.

Yeah, the idea that you're not "playing the game" when crossing Chernarus seems to imply that maybe you're not sure what the game is. You finding your friends again is just as much a sandbox objective as finding ammunition for a specific weapon or a specific article of clothing.

Perma death means when you die, you are dead, you start as a new survivor and entirely new human being. RL factors such as 'I know this player irl' or whatever shouldn't factor into DayZ whatsoever.

Why oh why... everyone is determined to play this game as a "traditional" shooter game. Stop trying to swim against the current...

Guys are gonna crucify me for this but I would really like having the ability to just form a group with a few friends and spawn together; I don't care if you spawn without any gear or whatever, that would be perfectly fine.

But contrary to what others are always saying here I find no joy in spending hours of my time trying to find my friends in Dayz, and I get that most people really don't care about making the game more accessible to more casual gamers, but I feel like this can be a major downer for a lot of players.

• Like 3

Stop trying to swim against the current...

Only the weak or dead fish swim along with the current. 

Only the weak or dead fish swim along with the current. 

No.. only idiots swim against the current.. you know why ? Because you aren't going anywhere and eventually you will die. 

Edited by Cpanther