Sign in to follow this  
AP_Norris

DayZ map development

Okay so like in the title this thread is about the development of the dayZ map, I would like to discuss with you the future of the map and possible points of gameplay interest. As many of you may know the North is the main area that has been planned on getting developed. While I think this is great and gives more to do there than loot the NWAF I think it leaves little reason to return to set up in other areas.

I believe some additions to the coast are needed, possibly islands to give boats a good use compared to the gimmick they were in the mod. A separate landmass, ships anchored offshore rocking slowly in the waves. Oil rigs.

Here is the river idea, not my favourite but this is what the map is based off from real life.

http://i.imgur.com/Mzz1mnh.gif

Here is my personal favourite, it has a separate landmass. A few islands could be dotted around, the boats and oil rigs if you like those ideas too.

http://s23.postimg.org/m91cdnbez/Chernarus_Podagorsk_sa.jpg

Maybe you think the additions to the North are enough? Please share with me your opinion.

I know a lot is already planned, e.g several more large towns. Then one by one the ones we already had will be redone.

But don't you think to really zest up the map, there needs to be several directions you can go for endgame to diversify the gameplay?

That there needs to be landmass over water to make boats and helicopters useful?

I certainly do like Podagorsk and would like to hear opinions on the idea.

Regards AP_Norris

best thing they can add is one-two kilometer ground between old shore line and new shore. Let it be forest all the way. So players can spawn one forest shore.

Edited by EddyBalboa

Time will tell everything you wish to know.

When boats hit experimental in the foreseeable future, you'll know what's next.