Sign in to follow this  
Uutgrunnen

Killed by hacker or skilled player?

So this was the situation.

I was at NWAF (tent camp) when someone started to shoot me with a mosin.

He missed and I could run without seeing my opponent. 

After running into the forest for quite a while I deceided to try a flanking manoeuvre.

When I was back at the camp he (or she) saw me first again and started to shoot me again, so I ran away again.

This was repeated a couple of times and everytime I came back at the camp (from all directions) he saw me quite fast and tried to shoot me.

All the times (took about 30 minutes in total) I never saw the guy once.

The last time he came after me and killed me.

The final minutes of my avatar have been recorded and can be seen with the link below.

As you can see I ran quite a while through dense bushes/trees and in my opinion he could not see me.

You can see him fire (or at least something is appearing there) from almost straight before me through the bushes (@3:10).

Was my opponent just skilled or was this a hacker who can see through objects? 

Please share your opinion... 

Cheers

it's really hard to say actually. Could be both.

I wasn't there, it's easier to "know" when you play yourself, but there's definitely a change of him being a hacker, it was a bit weird.

But the muzzle flash that can be seen through the bush in front of you is weird, I don't know how he should've seen you there, except maybe that he really was a skilled player and approached very carefully and just saw a bit of your body... you never know :P I would've been dead as well.

Edited by re-patch

I think you may not have even been shot from your front arc. There was allot of cover for him to your right and left. And on your right, it looked like it was a slight decline in the hill/topography. So there is a chance he came up there and simply sighted in on you standing there 3rd personing.

I think you may not have even been shot from your front arc. There was allot of cover for him to your right and left. And on your right, it looked like it was a slight decline in the hill/topography. So there is a chance he came up there and simply sighted in on you standing there 3rd personing.

possible but I don't think so --> He died exactly when the gunshot in front of him appeared in the bush, and I didn't hear another shot. And it was definitely a muzzle flash in the bush in front of him.

TBH  I couldn't see the muzzle flash in the trees. but atm on my phone I can't view it frame by frame.

no worries, watch it again in VLC or something and turn down the speed, then you can clearly see it.

And it was definitely a muzzle flash in the bush in front of him.

Watched it a couple of times, and it looked like blood to me.

Looking at the area he was in, I think that the guy was in front of him to the left, probably some distance away, maybe in the distant treeline.

Probably a skilled player. Probably...

it's really hard to say actually. Could be both.

I wasn't there, it's easier to "know" when you play yourself, but there's definitely a change of him being a hacker, it was a bit weird.

But the muzzle flash that can be seen through the bush in front of you is weird, I don't know how he should've seen you there, except maybe that he really was a skilled player and approached very carefully and just saw a bit of your body... you never know :P I would've been dead as well.

Yeah it was a bit weird and that muzzle flash is the only thing I have seen from him.

It's quite possible that he just outskilled me, pretty nice job if that's the case.

I didn't even fired a single shot in the entire half hour I was duelling him. 

Pretty one sided duel though ;)

Watched it a couple of times, and it looked like blood to me.

Looking at the area he was in, I think that the guy was in front of him to the left, probably some distance away, maybe in the distant treeline.

Probably a skilled player. Probably...

You can see the muzzle flash just a few meters/feet in front of me to the left.

Took me a couple of times to see because it goes quite fast and is instantly followed by the 'you are dead' screen.

From my perspective this is silly, I'll break down why. 

You get shot at then run 100 meters in a tree line.

You then go to the edge of said treeline with no cover whatsoever.

You then proceed to stay in the same position for an inordinate amount of time whilst gun fire lands all around you again with zero cover. 

After the gun fire stops you are unaware that that guy has decided he needs to get a better angle on you which is easy to do since you are just standing there without cover. 

You barley acknowledge your 6 and your 9 and the dude walks almost right up to you, again while you are still standing there no cover and blows you away. 

If those are hacks then I've been hacking my whole DayZ career. I would have picked you off like a cherry.

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Your assuming a lot there Baker... if indeed that blink is the muzzle flash that kills him, if... then that attacker didnt do any flanking and just ran the exact same path as the op... and shot him point blank thru the trees...

There are also severall reloading sounds prior to him getting shot... which seem kinda odd... not exactly sure of the range of reload sounds but iv seen/heard people unload ak's on zeds and watched them reload but couldnt hear the reload... i know the sounds are kinda buggy but this still seems odd...

Still too wierd to call it hacks or not, but suspicious...

Your assuming a lot there Baker... if indeed that blink is the muzzle flash that kills him, if... then that attacker didnt do any flanking and just ran the exact same path as the op... and shot him point blank thru the trees...

There are also severall reloading sounds prior to him getting shot... which seem kinda odd... not exactly sure of the range of reload sounds but iv seen/heard people unload ak's on zeds and watched them reload but couldnt hear the reload... i know the sounds are kinda buggy but this still seems odd...

Still too wierd to call it hacks or not, but suspicious...

Its not suspicious to anyone with the bandit mentality. The timing is perfect. I can even imagine myself shooting that guy. I can hear myself saying "why is he just standing there like that?". 

I'm sure a gazelle finds it suspicious that a lion "came out of nowhere"

ok looked at it , all through the video you heard the noob clicking his mosin , because he couldnt reload his gun , then as he knew exactly where you are considering he was other side of that bush by like 15 yards keeping watch of the two sides of the only bush your behind aimed head hight in the middle of the bush and let a round off lol he even prob had his graphics all the way down

surely you heard  the clicking of the gun lol you got seen and he watched you run through prob with a sight he even let a round go in the bush next to you because he thought you was standing there , i also heard him stop sunddenly after running just one step prob knows his run distance noise from that bush

Edited by friendlypilot
  • Like 1

From my perspective this is silly, I'll break down why. 

You get shot at then run 100 meters in a tree line.

You then go to the edge of said treeline with no cover whatsoever.

You then proceed to stay in the same position for an inordinate amount of time whilst gun fire lands all around you again with zero cover. 

After the gun fire stops you are unaware that that guy has decided he needs to get a better angle on you which is easy to do since you are just standing there without cover. 

You barley acknowledge your 6 and your 9 and the dude walks almost right up to you, again while you are still standing there no cover and blows you away. 

If those are hacks then I've been hacking my whole DayZ career. I would have picked you off like a cherry.

I Have to agree that I could have handled the situation better. 

Was hoping that he would expose himself but that tactic didn't end well. 

Every dayz session is a learning sesion ;)

• Like 1

ok looked at it , all through the video you heard the noob clicking his mosin , because he couldnt reload his gun , then as he knew exactly where you are considering he was other side of that bush by like 15 yards keeping watch of the two sides of the only bush your behind aimed head hight in the middle of the bush and let a round off lol he even prob had his graphics all the way down

surely you heard  the clicking of the gun lol you got seen and he watched you run through prob with a sight he even let a round go in the bush next to you because he thought you was standing there , i also heard him stop sunddenly after running just one step prob knows his run distance noise from that bush

I shall use my ears better next time ;)

Because of the buggy sounds I sometimes don't know which sound to trust.

Didn't even hear the sounds you describe  :blush:

Yes which makes it kinda suspicious... he literally seemed to just followed your exact path thru the trees shooting at you till his clip was empty... stopped like 5-10yds away... reloaded... then shot you THRU the trees never once exposing himself...  bandit / hunter mentality or not... this guy knew exactly where you were the entire time thru very thick trees/bushes w/o even the slightest fear of you shooting him, hence him stopping so close to reload and then capping you... FUBAR

Not gonna say how, but iv seen comments on how these people can see thru everything, so it does happen.

Edited by Cptn_Miller

If it was a hacker, he would have shot you a lot EARLIER.

Guess what?

You sat in one spot, not moving anything but your view for just a bit under a minute after being fired at - The guy who was intent on blowing your brains out searched around the woods until he found your ass, which he promptly shot to death.

• Like 2

I shall use my ears better next time ;)

Because of the buggy sounds I sometimes don't know which sound to trust.

Didn't even hear the sounds you describe  :blush:

2.06 U Hear his footstep  2.08 the first click of the mosin 2.16 footsteps  2.18 2nd click of a empty mosin  2.23 third click of empty gun 3.01 forth click of gun lol 3.10 BANG "killed by noob"

Edited by friendlypilot
  • Like 1

Yes which makes it kinda suspicious... he literally seemed to just followed your exact path thru the trees shooting at you till his clip was empty... stopped like 5-10yds away... reloaded... then shot you THRU the trees never once exposing himself...  bandit / hunter mentality or not... this guy knew exactly where you were the entire time thru very thick trees/bushes w/o even the slightest fear of you shooting him, hence him stopping so close to reload and then capping you... FUBAR

Not gonna say how, but iv seen comments on how these people can see thru everything, so it does happen.

Of course he knew where he was, it was open field to the left and right. And he was just standing there!

and that is why...

If you have nothing constructive to submit, do not post.

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

• Like 3