Sign in to follow this  
friendlypilot

Better logging out

i noticed when you log out of the server you still on the server for 30 secs for the case of "Combat logger" basically you hear someone  or they see you and you just log out ,this was rife in other MODS of the game , i think people are logging out then dying losing there stuff and not knowing why maybe a zombie spawned in and killed them ,  maybe a player was watching them like a ninja and saw them start logging out So just went and killed them or robbed them , then the victim come in the forum making posts like ,. i lost my stuff after i logged out , when i log back in i lost all my stuff , wheres all my items gone !!! and the list goes on

i think it would be much better if you actually had a log out timer on screen with a abort button , this would be fair as everyone would have one , also as you stay on the server you might as well watch , or for that guy that needs to go right then for his pizza in the oven or some other emergency he can use the Quit button , but with the same effect of staying on the server untill the counter is expired

another option on the box would also be [ quit ] , so people can still quit right out if needed

thanks friendly

dayz_gallery_p4.jpg

Edited by friendlypilot
  • Like 4

Yeah, quit button for the lazy which will be what we have now and abort feature like in the mod ! I'm really down for it, bring back the old timer , why not ? =]

• Like 1

This is a great idea, it will slow server switches a little, but that is not a bad thing IMO.

Atleast those who aren't combat logging will still be able to quickly abort and deal with the wandering fresh spawns and zeds.

• Like 1

This might also contribute to fixing item duplication glitches.

Being able to be aware while logging out would also be a godssend for those like me who aren't into shooting  other people if I can help it, but i've had more than one instance where logging out led to me losing my character after first hearing gunshots, running for cover, and hiding, then selecing logout to go to a channel where I didn't have a guy trying to kill me on sight for looking for food in the middle of Cernya Polana or Novo. 

Edited by Evaris
  • Like 1

thankyou people seems like it is a good idea , hopefully someone decides to put it in

anyone else got any views on this and any problems you can think of it ?

Edited by friendlypilot

I think something like this should only be used in when you are in "Combat"