Sign in to follow this  
Mister_Mc_Muffin

Pace And Sound Of Zombies

Hey, I'd like to suggest something regarding the speed and sound of some of the zombies in Chernarus.

I know that there are many posts that suggest different kinds of zombies and also zombies with different walking speeds, but hear me out please.

I played DayZ alot and don't get me wrong, I really love it and I know that it's still in early alpha so I don't expect anything to

be perfect or exactly as I want it.

I just noticed that the development is mostly concentrated on the survival aspects atm (I say mostly because I know the devs are currently working

heavily on the zombie mechanics and pathfinding ect. which is awesome) but I'd like them to not forget the whole horror aspects of the game.

I would love to see slow walking Zombies. I know most people who suggest this say things like "but they come in numbers so they're still a threat"

and I agree, but that's not all they're good for. You could place 1 or 2 of these zombies in various buildings where they linger and are able to corner

you if you're not careful enough.

That's also where my second suggestion comes in. These slow zombies should not have the standard "screams" that the currently existing zombies

have. They should have several moans which sound really liveless and dead. I got these ideas bc I've recently been playing the original Resident Evil 1.

The horrifying atmosphere that these zombies could create while they walk around in the same house as you would be amazing. Especially when you don't

know their exact location in the building.

Tell me what you think about my suggestion so I can see if there are other people who wish for something similar.

play video on repeat  play game lol

changing the zombie mechanics right now will be  bad idea if dean decides to spawn 10k zombies on the map the sounds 

zombies will be updated sounds , mechanics , they are being worked on everyday i should imagine as its the main part of day z lol

Edited by friendlypilot