Sign in to follow this  
nettles

How do You Keep Yourself Busy While Travelling?

I find a Zippo lighter works a treat for the auto run

I stole one of my GF nail files. The lil cardboard ones. Snapped it in two and wedge the run and sprint key with the pieces.. Lol

I just have to steer from time to time.

For gods sake dont tell her though. (Looks round Nervously)

Edited by Destructo_Brat

I get immersed.

Either yak with buddies or just look around and find landmarks increasing the number of places I know I can beeline to without any map or compass.

Troll the forums...watch TV, ..listen to music, i go to the toilet a lot for some reason.. i make phone calls ..go for a cig....i make a pie...clean my house and the neighbours house..i do some gardening...pick my nose..some farting.....i count how many cracks are in my walls .. you know.. the normal things you do when playing DayZ.

• Like 1

Troll the forums...watch TV, ..listen to music, i go to the toilet a lot for some reason.. i make phone calls ..go for a cig....i make a pie...clean my house and the neighbours house..i do some gardening...pick my nose..some farting.....i count how many cracks are in my walls .. you know.. the normal things you do when playing DayZ.

ahh, the noble pie-baking-while-playing-dayz

Edited by sab0t
  • Like 1

How do you bide your time in the game?  Both while on the run from A to B and while waiting for your friend to come online or to your location.  

Do you organize your inventory? Plot courses on your map? Broadcast on your radio?

Me? I like to read books while running or wasting time waiting for food to digest. 

2014_09_21_00001_by_nettle_briars-d7zzg3

This is just such a good idea I cant believe i never thought of it :/

I feel like a moron but, there is an auto run function?

Yeah, it's pretty much what ever you have to hand that is able to either wedge the W key or heavy enough to hold it down.  Me, I go for a bit of cardboard.

I open up pandora in steam and just listen to music if I'm alone or going particularly far. I set its volume pretty low though just in case I here gunshots or something.

I pack a nice fat dank rip of Mary j smoke it right quack , then back to the total immersion fest of dayz ; Listening, watching, waiting for friendly and bandit encounters alike .. When i die unjustly or survive a ridiculous scenario I'll take another rip :).

I text my friends and screw around on my phone while listening to music.

I only ever run cross country on lowpop with only myself or just me and someone else (probably rummaging through NWAF and thus not trying to snipe me as I walk around the north.)

Blast some spotify in the background totally oblivious to my surroundings