Nightman_Cometh

Character Stuck?

Right, so I was exploring the firehouse today with a friend when something strange happened. I was on the second level of the tower when it seemed like I randomly began to take damage while I was just standing there. There were NO zombies in the firehouse at all, and none in the area outside. None inside the walls, either. After a couple of strange lag spikes, my character fell to the ground with a broken leg. I took further damage and decided to exit the game so I didn't die there. When I rejoined the server, it made me wait 60 seconds to spawn. When I popped back in, my guy was awkwardly laying on his back and I was "stuck" with a view of a portion of my torso, unable to use my mouse or any key commands. The only thing I can do is swap from first to third person. When I attempt to access my inventory, the screen becomes slightly dark but nothing else happens. I have no mouse control at all, and I cannot move in any way. My health seems okay (I can see some color) but the game tells me my leg is broken. My friend said for awhile all of the gear I was holding was floating in the air where I had previously been standing before falling to the ground. I also have no option to re-spawn, as I am still technically alive. 

So far I have tried several other servers, and it is the same thing everywhere. My character in the background screen of the main menu is still the same guy I had, with all of the gear I had (a lot of nice stuff!) so it seems as though the game knows I am alive. I have also tried restarting PC. 

Some more potentially useful info:

• My friend tried to "loot" my body/backpack while I was laying there, he said he had no option to access any of my stuff. 
  • Shortly before all of this happened, I had lost all ability to use quickslots. I couldn't pull out my weapons or any devices. 
  • I was experiencing pretty severe and strange lag... many actions would have a 15 second delay before they happened, like eating food or doing anything in my inventory.
  • Whenever I log out of a server in my current status, the entire game becomes VERY slow and choppy. I can barely navigate menus and it takes several minutes to load into a server. 

Does anyone have any idea what this is or how to fix it, or how to even potentially respawn?