Sign in to follow this  
KiskilleAcronym

A temporary rage stopper. Increase fall required to die.

Most death I experienced in DayZ come from crappy physics if there even are any in the game and if you can call them physics.
So while in alpha and while on this engine (I hope not forever) please decrease the fall damage because it's not normal to get your leg broken OR killed from a fall of 4 meters.
This is a simple code edit fix.

• Like 4

My biggest enemy is not getting my weapon out when a zombie finds me crawling around. Or picking berries. I did a bit of an experiment, and picking apples/berries has a louder zombie attraction rating that a Mosin shot. Go figure.

• Like 1

Most death I experienced in DayZ come from crappy physics if there even are any in the game and if you can call them physics.

So while in alpha and while on this engine (I hope not forever) please decrease the fall damage because it's not normal to get your leg broken OR killed from a fall of 4 meters.

This is a simple code edit fix.

First off, the engine is what we have, it will not change, theres no "new engine" coming, they are developing the engine as we play.

Second, while i agree, sometimes the fall damage is abit to retarded, its easy to avoid imho. Untill we get some kind of weight system into the game, theres no reason to touch the falling damage what so ever.

But fyi, you can easily break your leg, when falling 4 meters, in fact you can die from falling 4 meters. It depends entirely on the weight you are carring and how you land.

Edited by Byrgesen

First off, the engine is what we have, it will not change, theres no "new engine" coming, they are developing the engine as we play.

Second, while i agree, sometimes the fall damage is abit to retarded, its easy to avoid imho. Untill we get some kind of weight system into the game, theres no reason to touch the falling damage what so ever.

But fyi, you can easily break your leg, when falling 4 meters, in fact you can die from falling 4 meters. It depends entirely on the weight you are carring and how you land.

If you can die from a 4m fall, you need some exercise my brother. 

If the characters in DayZ can sprint over 10000m while carrying a fire axe, an AKM, cooking pot... with only heavy breathing then a 4m fall should be a big problem for them.

Edited by KiskilleAcronym
  • Like 1

I remember they changed this on one update and it was a lot better, even saw people jumping off the hospital roof and not dying.
4 meters is a distance you could fall and break your legs by the way, not dying though.
Still considering that in the mod you would fall 2 steps and die, or break your legs when you opened doors, they are at least improving it. 
But I'm sure everything is being tweaked as its a long work in progress.