asid27

Whistle in Dayz SA

Hey Guys,

I am writing to the forum today with an idea! An idea of a whistle, like the little black one that you get as a lifeguard. A whistle would come in use in many ways, but the reason I thought of it is because I am currently stuck on top of the City Hall tower in that semi-new town. For some reason, I was walking on the top and randomly my leg broke. I heard no gunshot and no one was around, but my leg broke and my gear from the pants down was ruined. I had no bullet wound, either. Well, I have been up there for about a day, screaming for help, willing to take my chances of a player either helping me or putting one in my head. I do not have much stuff, otherwise I would crawl in the *newly updated zombie-filled* city to find a stick, but I would rather see something go down. Anyway, I got the idea of a "click-to-whistle" action, if you happen to find one. This way you can signal the S.O.S signal to players near and far (maybe as loud as a gunshot?) so that you can take your chances calling someone. This can also be a way to signal your friend if you two are trying to meet up and you are just not sure where you are. It could also be a way to signal your buddy that its safe and there are no other players or to "unfold a butchering" *only a few of you will understand that*. For the bad side of it, it could be used by bandits or KOSers to lure in a Bambi to their doom, but that's just the dark side of me talking.

Post your ideas and what you think! Good idea or bad idea?

Give me all your beans,

Harrison

PS I am actually hungry, I want beans. And also, if you are wandering around the City Hall, you might hear me sounding off for help, please be nice... XD

Edited by asid27
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

I am writing to the forum today with an idea! An idea of a whistle, like the little black one that you get as a lifeguard. A whistle would come in use in many ways, but the reason I thought of it is because I am currently stuck on top of the City Hall tower in that semi-new town. For some reason, I was walking on the top and randomly my leg broke. I heard no gunshot and no one was around, but my leg broke and my gear from the pants down was ruined. I had no bullet wound, either. Well, I have been up there for about a day, screaming for help, willing to take my chances of a player either helping me or putting one in my head. I do not have much stuff, otherwise I would crawl in the *newly updated zombie-filled* city to find a stick, but I would rather see something go down. Anyway, I got the idea of a "click-to-whistle" action, if you happen to find one. This way you can signal the S.O.S signal to players near and far (maybe as loud as a gunshot?) so that you can take your chances calling someone. This can also be a way to signal your friend if you two are trying to meet up and you are just not sure where you are. It could also be a way to signal your buddy that its safe and there are no other players or to "unfold a butchering" *only a few of you will understand that*. For the bad side of it, it could be used by bandits or KOSers to lure in a Bambi to their doom, but that's just the dark side of me talking.

Post your ideas and what you think! Good idea or bad idea?

Give me all your beans,

Harrison

PS I am actually hungry, I want beans. And also, if you are wandering around the City Hall, you might hear me sounding off for help, please be nice... XD

Your idea is neither good nor bad, for all the reasons you just mentioned. In my experience so far with this game: it will be misused by those luring friendly players into ambushes. It will only take a short while before nobody trusts those whistles any more. You'd be better off making an appeal to some of the medic clans to help you out. (http://tmwdayz.com/index.php) Eventually communication between you and a friend (-s) should be done with the in game walkie talkies or (some would say no) with external communication like skype or TS.