Sign in to follow this  
klesh

Hey, Chris Torchia (Waterproof Bag)

I guess I'll post this in the Suggestions forum, since it technically is a suggestion.  Can someone please post a link to this thread at https://twitter.com/ctorchia as I don't have a Twitter account and am certainly not opening one anytime soon.  Thanks.

A friend showed me this twitter update from Chris Torchia that shows off the new "Waterproof Bag" which will be a backpack:

QEweNW0.jpg

I know this product as being reffered to as a "dry bag", I use one for kayaking and canoeing.  The problem with the above picture is that it represents the bag in its non-waterproof mode.  Essentially, this is what it looks like when it is open, and ready for you to put your hand in.  It is not waterproof in this configuration.

This is what one of these things looks like when it is closed and waterproof:

exped-dry-bags.jpg

You close the top, and roll it 2-3 times over with the bag's waterproof fabric.  You then curl the top so it can buckle closed and it is now waterproof. 

If we're going to be running around with these on and 1) not want things falling out, and 2) want it to actually be waterproof, it should have the top be like the 2nd picture.

Can someone send this to Chris Torchia, please.  :thumbsup: :beans:

Thanks!

Edited by klesh
  • Like 10

I kayak as well and I agree that you are right, however no matter what we say it wont be changed. why? because they would have to make new art, new files, new everything. and the time and effort put into this version would be wasted, so they wont go through that much work to change this. This is a game after all, so not everything will be perfect. Hope you understand my point, thanks.

• Like 2

You close the top, and roll it 2-3 times over with the bag's waterproof fabric.  You then curl the top so it can buckle closed and it is now waterproof. 

We use these as well and you're correct. Even though I can't imagine them not knowing that, I shall try to contact Chris.

• Like 3

And here i was just thinking a plastic shopping bag would be sufficient to waterproof something.

• Like 2

I can't imagine them not knowing that, I shall try to contact Chris.

I can't imagine they wouldn't know it either, but I'm at a loss as to why they would've done it like this were it not a mistake.  Mistakes happen of course.  It'll be fine for a placeholder until they're done adding all the other stuff, but Billy the Backpack Maker needs to take it back to 3DSMax or whatever and redo it properly (on his own time were I his boss!)   ;)

Thanks for passing it along to Chris.  Feel free to reserve the results to a personal mustachioed conversation. 

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1