Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Map Changes in 0.49.124971 and 124972

Thought I would share some screenshots of the map changes occurring to 0.49 stable as I make my way around the map. To start, the recently changed Balota Airstrip:

bk0eoCT.jpgKQPL142.jpgqrpuTBo.jpg

UoN8MkV.jpgY0IY3wv.jpgrLPeD9A.jpg

As you can see, the military camp (with the tents) is gone. There are still two prison buildings and an ATC tower... for now.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Glorious!  And they're going to 'nerf' it even further in the next update?  Kamenka here I come.

Glorious!  And they're going to 'nerf' it even further in the next update?  Kamenka here I come.

Yup! If you visit the NEAF, they have prototype civilian airfield buildings in place already. I'm guessing they'll use the same ones for the Balota Airstrip.

Found two new towns north of the now-finished Severograd this evening, Mamino and Troitskoe:

zkOaPhR.jpg

M4fYiQi.jpg

ROWsAkG.jpg

EyEGnmx.jpg

LqKO0u8.jpg

...and a beautiful view of the finished Severograd:

z7g8s1I.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 7

The area surrounding Severograd is fantastic. Much love for the north recently. :thumbsup: 

I also noticed that the cemetery south of Severograd got an upgrade on its chapel. FIrst there was a parking lot. Then they added the tiny chapel. Then, a few cars and tombstones/graves. And now complete makeover of the chapel. I really like to see the map reshape and evolve throughout development process.

vremw4.jpg

• Like 9

explored that entire area last night , its really amazing what its become. i love the wilderness areas and was nervous about northern cities , but its well layed out , pleasing to the eye and deffinitely worth an adventure to check out ... also zeds north of the Northern Railroad was a pleasant surpise , made Novo alot more interesting

• Like 1

The area surrounding Severograd is fantastic. Much love for the north recently. :thumbsup:

I also noticed that the cemetery south of Severograd got an upgrade on its chapel. FIrst there was a parking lot. Then they added the tiny chapel. Then, a few cars and tombstones/graves. And now complete makeover of the chapel. I really like to see the map reshape and evolve throughout development process.

vremw4.jpg

Ahh, the Gvozdno Graveyard? I've been keeping a eye on that as it's developed but I didn't get a chance to check it out last night. Your picture isn't loading at the moment, but that's okay, I'll just go see it for myself :) I also need to go see if any progress was made on the quarry by Severograd... I completely skipped over it by accident on my way east last night.

dem graphix

I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not :p Thank you, I think. I play on a 2011 Macbook Pro (Windows 7 via Boot Camp) so the game could certainly look miles better on some superior hardware. I usually crank the settings up when I take screenshots; it's not that high all the time when I play or my framerate would be terrible.

explored that entire area last night , its really amazing what its become. i love the wilderness areas and was nervous about northern cities , but its well layed out , pleasing to the eye and deffinitely worth an adventure to check out ... also zeds north of the Northern Railroad was a pleasant surpise , made Novo alot more interesting

Agreed! They are definitely taking their time and doing it right. 

I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not :P Thank you, I think. I play on a 2011 Macbook Pro (Windows 7 via Boot Camp) so the game could certainly look miles better on some superior hardware. I usually crank the settings up when I take screenshots; it's not that high all the time when I play or my framerate would be terrible.

No sarcasm intended my friend .. looks good  :)

• Like 1

The quarry between Novo and Seve got a major upgrade too.

ou4inm.jpg

2h5ingj.jpg

• Like 6

The quarry between Novo and Seve got a major upgrade too.

Nice! I need to give that and the graveyard a look.

A few more things today. We will start with my own pictures of the finished Quarry at Severograd:

ZbPOld3.jpg

SOJebMv.jpg

vMelijt.jpg

• Like 2

Next up, the finished Graveyard at Gvozdno:

q5c2Kfq.jpg

Y9Ki3Kr.jpg

s9qtBqg.jpg

N1EdTir.jpg

• Like 3

Next, we have the Military Camp near Myshkino. This is essentially where the Balota Airstrip camp moved to:

q9hhurG.jpg

g40lsQb.jpg

JThBZ62.jpg

• Like 2

...and finally, just a few pretty screenshots of the Industrial Zone at Novodmitrovsk and the nearby, newly-named mountain of Khrebet between it and Svetlojarsk:

MImqh0Y.jpg

zN3WxtQ.jpg

• Like 1

She`s looking good...

Yep! There's still soooo much more to come, too. There are at least 14 named villages that have yet to be added to the game, along with what sounds like an extensive reworking of everything old.

• Like 2

Just looted the Myshkino camp at night in very stormy foggy weather, it was a spooky experience but over all disappointing, I found 4 half full water bottles and some food from all the tents, and the barrack building thing yielded 2 potatoes and a MASKA helm. Not worth the risk IMO.

Just looted the Myshkino camp at night in very stormy foggy weather, it was a spooky experience but over all disappointing, I found 4 half full water bottles and some food from all the tents, and the barrack building thing yielded 2 potatoes and a MASKA helm. Not worth the risk IMO.

Yeah, it's still a very rough prototype of the final product I think. Just their way of getting started on it in tandem with the removal of the Balota camp. I can't wait to see what happens with the Balota Airstrip this week (they promised an update to Stable that included more changes to it).

Yeah, it's still a very rough prototype of the final product I think. Just their way of getting started on it in tandem with the removal of the Balota camp. I can't wait to see what happens with the Balota Airstrip this week (they promised an update to Stable that included more changes to it).

Awesome, I think NWAF could also use some changes to make it believable, NEAF and Balota both don't look capable of handling passenger jets, they should turn the southern barracks at NWAF into the military part and make it bigger, but make the hangar areas more civilian like, oh one can wish.

• Like 1

Good job! Still pictures look amazing if you can take a good one like a lot of these. Some great ones in there! I wish I could get youtube to look even one tenth as good image wise as those. The combo of fast movement and massive compression is not good for DayZ vids.

Good job! Still pictures look amazing if you can take a good one like a lot of these. Some great ones in there! I wish I could get youtube to look even one tenth as good image wise as those. The combo of fast movement and massive compression is not good for DayZ vids.

That's precisely why I focus my effort on pictures. They're just a moment, but they're very high quality.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just at Bolota last night, it was pretty much picked clean too. Making my way north, I never back track unless it's for a "crazy Ivan".

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

A few more pictures this evening. I made a return trip to the new military camp near Myshkino to snap a few more pics.

hW47ICk.jpg

v71zRZM.jpg

foz5gIh.jpg

5ZBO9za.jpg

bOrfnRK.jpg

• Like 2

In 0.49.124972, the Balota camp has seen some additional changes. Notably, the three barracks buildings and the other unlootable buildings that were around them are now gone. In their place are a group of burned-out buildings similar to what you see in Kumyrna. The hangars, ATC tower, and prison buildings still remain for now. The current state of the Balota Airstrip:

f4c476d.jpg

MMWryyn.jpg

dTdwKIj.jpg

jmF9YIS.jpg

DR87PUH.jpg

• Like 11