Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Suggestions for 3rd person view

Though I accidently posted the following lines already in the General forum instead of Suggestions, I haven't got a faintest idea why it had been deleted by the moderators. Risking to be warned or banned I try to repeat here what I've written about suggestions for a 3rd person view:

In MMO-like games (yes, DayZ is one, since you care about the development/equipment/stats of your character) I like to see my toon from outside. Enjoying in new clothing, to posture with the weapon, for screenshots.

Sure, 3rdp view is not realistic. But on the other hand in RL you still have more awareness of yourself and your environment than ingame 1st-p-view can provide. Neither 1st nor 3rd person view provide a realistic body-world-awareness and knowledge.

* the camera might be attached nearer to the body (but still being able to have a full body screenshot)

* the screen may softly fade out (completely black) for a few seconds when you change between 1st and 3rd

* there are NO HUD elements (crosshair, hotbar, weapon info, inventory) available in 3rdp

* the radius to hear player-caused sound effects (not speech, but steps, reloading, eating, gunfire etc) might be reduced to a few metres or disabled at all

* 3rdp prevents shooting, reloading, switching weapon, taking sth, eating and all that -> you should only be able to walk, change stance, jump/get over, look around

This would force players  to think what view mode is the best at the moment and 3rdp would not be better in all concerns (except aiming) in comparison to 1stp.

And maybe thereby it would be possible to cancel the "artificial" dispartment of the servers into two different factions.

These are just ideas and suggestions and with no word I've said that one mode or lovers of it are [censored].