Sign in to follow this  
friendlypilot

FULL customization of player

With out your help this wont be made so i decided to make a thread asking for full custom appearance  ,the devs will do it if we show support for the feature after update 1.0 , so please say below your ideas to make dayz more enjoyable with custom players

destiny-customise.jpg

Edited by friendlypilot
  • Like 2

I think its silly not to want this. But there are many things, all the things, every one of the things ahead of it.

• Like 3

It´s not just to expect the devs to "put it in" the game since it takes more programming etc than you know.

Sure i would love a full custom option as well, but it´s not just for the devs to add it in between patches. It´s tons of work.

As a very solid start, a few different faces to pick from, a few hairstyles and skincolors. Just those options will take some time but i am hopeful we at least can keep our hopes up for that so that we get some form of different apperances.

I remember watching an interview of Dean Hall speaking about how important player customization will be to the game. He even spoke about friends being able to give their players matching tattooes.

As much as this is good, and fun for a game like this, it should not even be in question right now. The development has been slow with its updates (not saying they arnt working on it, i know they are) so stuff like this will not be in for a LONG time unless they crank out updates every wednesday (actual updates, not like small hotfixes even though they are very useful, or in a sense stepping stone updates, which shouldn't be expected each update anyway)

I think it will help for player value if your face gets wiped when you die.

That way, people will make characters, have a backstory and everything thus when they have done this they won't go, ooooh I spawned here! Time to jump off a cliff.

• Like 1

i know this is very far in a future update if we decide we want it , its up to us , if we show support for the customaztion of the charaters then we shall recieve , i am all for the idea myself , sorry to bother everyone so early but i like to hear your ideas on this what kind of customazation would you want to have on your charater

What would it be good for? 99% of all other players won't see it and aren't interested in your look since they instantly kill you.

What would it be good for? 99% of all other players won't see it and aren't interested in your look since they instantly kill you.

They could loot your corpse and when they encounter their next freshspawn they can see "oh - its that guy". Of course this also helps the other 1% of players that I was lucky to encounter about 40-60% of the time: You help a group of freshspawns and later you run into an armed group - that does not kill you as they can remember your face.

It certainly would give masks, face bandannas, helmets and other face obscuring items more reason for being in the game. So yeah i'd be all for it.

Not anytime soon though, this is something for way after launch. 

They could loot your corpse and when they encounter their next freshspawn they can see "oh - its that guy". Of course this also helps the other 1% of players that I was lucky to encounter about 40-60% of the time: You help a group of freshspawns and later you run into an armed group - that does not kill you as they can remember your face.

I am not against various customizations. I would also vote for even more MMO'ish stuff and features.

But I would say that the colour of the eyes, beards and scars does not help anybody to identify anybody (except within your fixed group of friends). Please note, I am not against you or whatever. But I'd say it is unrealistic: When you help freshspawns, none of them will be able to identify you later after some hours, "tomorrow" or even days BY YOUR LOOK (i.e. face, eyes etc). Maybe by your voice.

The only thing to have somebody identify somebody is to display over-head-names in MMORPG style (maybe when the head is fully visible to you and withion a range of 20 ingame-meters and not covered by a mask or clothing).

Btw, the only times I've NOT been shot at is when the other guy has no weapon (at least unholstered). 99% of armed people shoot at me immediately. Although I've not aimed at them before or shot at something else or took cover or whatever. When I am in line of sight of an 'unholstered' player, in 99% of all cases I am shot at - no matter what gear I have and how I behave.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Imho theres so much other stuff to spend precious development time on, even after 1.0, because we can all agree the game wont be "finished" when it hits 1.0.

Just look at Arma III, it was released as a final version but was far from done and is still being worked on and improved.

I think the same will happen to DayZ.

As others have mentioned, having the ability to fully costumize the face of a character, isnt that important, because the only time you will be close to people, are if you know them or if you find that extremly rare friendly stranger.

And when you run around with your friends, you pay a lot more attention to what they are wearing, not how they're eyes look like.

If they got nothing else to do after release, sure, but this is at the very buttom of the priority list in my world, because it adds nothing to the game and the time and effort could be spend on much more valuable mechanics/features in game.